Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Computer problems   Friends

Started Jul-20 by kae1; 1872 views.
kae1

Jul-20

Just want to let my friends know I am having computer problems. It stopped in the middle of a game (not MC) and went blue. Then it said there was a failure which I have been trying to fix all evening. For those techies, it showed the following

Code: Video TDR failure

failed: atikmpag.sys (whatever that is).

I've followed the instructions to fix it in the system apps as well as doing a restore but nothing seems to help.

If anyone has a suggestion, I'm willing to try it. I really don't want to take the computer in. At least, I finished the day's rounds, gifts, and CC and have the new avatar. And no, I have not backed up anything.

Kae

In reply toRe: msg 1
jbbp

Jul-20

I haven't had that problem. But do have a problem can be playing for a while then I get please wait

I do wait for a while but then have to turn my computer off then restart it again it seems to happen 

more when I am gifting and end up loosing it. I have uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times but still happens.

Jasmin

Hi Kae sorry I'm not able to help but I hope it isn't anything too serious or expensive. Hopefully, someone else will be able to help. Good luck

LvlSlgr

Jul-22

kae1 said:

Code: Video TDR failure

failed: atikmpag.sys (whatever that is).

I'm not a techie, but I googled those terms. It sounds like a problem with your graphic card/driver. Did you google those things?

akge

Jul-24

Yes, I did. I also followed the instructions to possibly fix it to no avail. I finally took it in to be diagnosed and was told the operating system was at fault. They are suppose to be taking out my files and reloading the system, then reloading my files. I was hoping I would have it back by yesterday but it looks like it will be Monday. I hope I can finished the event but am not holding my breath. We will see.

Kae

In reply toRe: msg 5
LvlSlgr

Jul-24

Keeping my fingers crossed for you. hushed

kae1

Jul-28

Well, I went to pick up my computer Tuesday only to find out the problem was the mother board. We have shortouts occasionally with the last one just before the computer went down. Result is I have a new computer. The tech did put all my files back in but my games are in C drive and I don't know if or how to reinstall them on windows. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I can install them from BF but I'm not sure I can get MC back without having to start a new game. Of course, I can say goodbye to the finishing the event. I really need to listen to my intuition which was telling me to backup my game on a USB.  I'm so bummed.

Kae  

In reply toRe: msg 7
akge

Aug-1

I have been trying to install MC on my new computer but the game won't come up. I have games, more games and game manager but the game itself doesn't work. I looked in the start menu and it said MC needed to be unlocked, but nothing happens. The tech did back up my games on the old hard drive so I wonder how or if I can download directly from that. If so, how would I do It? HELP!!!

Kae                          

In reply toRe: msg 8

Kae so sorry I can't really help.  I do hope someone more knowledgeable than me replies and can explain it. All I can think is that if your MC game is on your C drive, it won't open because it doesn't recognise your computer. Perhaps contacting Big Fish is the only way forward? You are still in my game so they should be able to restore it. Fingers crossed for you.

Norry

In reply toRe: msg 8
SuzeSwee

Aug-19

I just got a new computer. Window 11. I tried to reinstall with Big Fish. Gam won't open. Went round and round with game support. Finally they told me many people are haveing this problem, that they are aware of it and are hopeing to fix in with a couple weeks. I sure hope thats true. My brother is VERY computer savy. Next week when he comes over I'm going to ask him about your problem too. If he can do it I will get back to you. Sue