Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

PC game freezing? READ THIS FIX   Technical Issues

Started Jul-22 by datsalotta; 992 views.
datsalotta

Jul-22

To start this new thread, I copied my post from another discussion in Tech Issues. This is day 3 and I have absolutely no freezing issues in my PC game. Let me know if you try what I did to fix the problem.

ETA 6 days with no freezing in 2 PC games 07/25/22

Hey dairrr !!

At first I did not understand "coding" and how that may affect my game. Got back to this thread now, the 2nd time, to see if I could grasp the affect this has on my game.

Some time ago a new friend appeared (on PC ) goes by the name player##. I wondered who / and how that was at the time. Maybe an existing player who changed their name and avatar because I did not make an invite nor accept this a friend by that name.

This said , just to be sure, I will have to go through a long hand written list of id no.s to see if  player## matches any id number I wrote down.

In the meantime I will decline player## and if I find it's just a long time friend who goes by a different name, then OK, will add back in my game. 

If I notice a marked improvement in reducing or eliminating the annoying  freezing of my game, then HOORAY on you for giving us a heads up in this forum. Otherwise I would be blissfully ignorant of "coding". Now I am just a little better at understanding what this means.

So thank you

datsalotta

EDITING TO ADD:

So I did what I said above. Checked my list of id no.s and found it with player name "player ##" . I declined this player. For the last 2 days my game is not freezing in Friends or while exiting and not at all freezing for any reason. WOW !! Crossing fingers and toes this is all better now. Everyone should know this.

Of course it's only been 2 days so will keep y'all posted if there's anything to report.

datsalotta

Still no freezing in my 2 PC games. Lots of views in this discussion but no posts from anyone???

anglegirl70

Aug-14

Sorry. I'm not understanding what you're talking about.  You got me confused.

datsalotta

Sep-7

Hey angiegirl70 !!

I just sent you a pm

datsalotta

anglegirl70

Sep-11

Got it.  Thank you so much.

datsalotta

Sep-11

Got your pm Angie girl. 
have not had faceless friends. Weird right? 
for whatever reason, I have less freezing issues with the friends page if I make that task the very first task after opening the game. Makes no sense to me. It’s just the way it is.

Take care. Have fun roam in’ the Castle.

datsalotta