Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Can't Visit Some Friends Rooms   Technical Issues

Started Aug-7 by Kricket357; 509 views.
Kricket357

Aug-7

I'm trying to visit some of my friends rooms, but it's saying that they have an updated version and I have to update my version in order to visit their rooms.  I have gone through Game Manager and verified there are no updates to my version.  Any ideas on how I can fix this?

AEGram

Aug-7

What is the level of your friend? The private room isn't currently available to players until Level 13. (When it was first introduced, it was available at Level 6, but it was changed in a later update.)

This message generally presents for players who are below Level 13, which is an unfortunate choice of wording because it leads players to think there's some update they've missed.

Additionally, I've seen this message present within a player's private room. For instance, I've just played one of the three rooms in the Spring Room 2, and when I tap on the next one to enter, I've seen this message. Since I know the player has a private room because (a) their level is way above 13 and (b) I was just in one of their rooms, I've concluded that this is relative to the "please wait" issue within the private room.

Sometimes I can just re-select the next room and sometimes I've been able to click on Just John, select another player's room, and then re-select the player in whose room I got the message so I can continue to enter the remaining HOSs in their Spring Room 2.

In reply toRe: msg 2
Kricket357

Aug-7

Thank you for answering.  The players are both well above level 13, so that shouldn't be the issue.

I tried the suggestion you had to select John, and then go back and try re-selecting those players, but I still get the error message.  The one player that it happens on - I have had her as a friend for a few weeks and have tried several times to go to her room, but get the message every time.  The other person it's happening on, I just added today as a friend and get the same message.

Hirento

Aug-7

Hello Kricket,

I have heard that this may occur when one of the parties does not have the latest update, e.g if they are displaying Spring Room 6 (the latest one), and you do not have the update that gives the Spring Event.

Just to be clear; do you currently have the Spring Event?

If not, you do not have the latest update.

(The Spring Event started early July, a couple of months late, and runs for another 7 days from today).

Kricket357

Aug-7

Ok, then it's me, because no, I do not have the Spring Event.

I've got this through Big Fish Game Manager.  I've uninstalled the game manager and reinstalled it, logged in, manually and automatically checked for updates and it keeps saying no updates.  What else can I try to get the latest?

Thank you.

In reply toRe: msg 5
Kricket357

Aug-7

If I uninstall/reinstall the game, I assume I lose my progress and start over.  Can you tell me if that's correct?

Hirento

Aug-7

No, you will not lose progress.

I had to do this to get the Winter Event last year. It would not show up in the Game Manager even when I knew there was an update.

So I uninstalled the game, then re-installed. That gave me the update, with all my progress intact.

Some have reported they had to uninstall the GM as well, then clear cache before they re-installed everything.

Kricket357

Aug-7

Thank you.  That worked.  I wish I hadn't missed so much time in the spring event not realizing I was missing the update!  Thank you so much for your help.

Hirento

Aug-7

You are very welcome, happy to help. relaxed

Unfortunately, you also missed a CC that gave some quite nice-looking avatars.