Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Pet medallion   Welcome!

Started Sep-3 by Andree2022; 2254 views.
Andree2022

Sep-3

Hi,  I am currently working on the new MC Challenge and I see that soon, I will have to find pet medallions.  Can somebody help me and tell me how to proceed to find these pet medallions?  Thanks a bunch!    Andree2022

Hirento

Sep-3

You get Pet Medallions from doing  the Daily quests, also you can get them from Pet's wooden chests (look at which of your pets has a high chance of giving Wooden chests, such as the Snow Griffin).

AEGram

Sep-3

Andree2022 said:

Can somebody help me and tell me how to proceed to find these pet medallions?  Thanks a bunch!    Andree2022

FIRST.....A WORD OF CAUTION (to you and others).......Day 7 is to get 20 Pet Medallions in 24 hours. ....That part in red is critical.

The 24-hour clock  starts ticking when you get your first medallion for this task. IF you walk away from your computer and return at a time beyond that 24-hour limit, you will lose every one you've gathered and be back to zero.

So, for this day.....be sure you have time to commit to getting all 20 of the required Medallions.  (Day 25's task is to get 30 Pet Medallions, but there's no time limit. You can take a couple of days to do this task.)

So, back to the original question......As Hirento has already said, Pet Medallions come from doing the Daily Quests.....You get 1, 2, or 3 Medallions for each part you complete of a DQ....Special Interest (a 3-part DQ) will give you 3 Medallions for the first part; 4 Medallions for the second part; and 6 Medallions for the third part......but...it's a wicked DQ to get through!!!

Also, you get Pet Medallions from Wooden chests.....BUT, you can also get them from Iron Chests and from the Crystal Chests when you feed Exclusive Pets.

There's one more way you can get Pet Medallions.......5 are required for crafting Simple Pet Food.....If you have 3 Pet Medallions and you craft 1 bag of Simple Pet Food, there will be a prompt asking if you want to use 2 diamonds to purchase 2 more Pet Medallions. Those also count toward the number you need to get for the CC.... So, if you have a lot of diamonds and very few Pet Medallions in inventory, it's a good way to not only get more pet food, but to fulfill the CC task. Additionally, you're purchasing items with diamonds, so each Medallion you buy also adds to the count needed toward Market Master (to purchase items) , AND  toward Pet Prepared (to collect pet medallions), AND toward Food Frenzy (to craft pet food).

• Edited September 3, 2022 5:26 pm  by  AEGram
Andree2022

Sep-3

Thank you so much Hirento.  I have already abandoned a few challenges because of these infamous pet medallions.  Andree 2022

In reply toRe: msg 3
Andree2022

Sep-3

Thank you so very much AEGram.   As I explained to Hirento, I had to abandon quite a few challenges because I did not know how to get the pet medallions.  Andree2022

poolmwv

Sep-4

Thanks for the tips! I was just signing on to ask this very question. Looks like I'll be sending a lot of pets the next couple of days! My exclusive pets usually bring me crystal, but on occasion, wood. So hopefully they will come through.

Playbelle

Sep-4

Actually I've got as many as 3 pet medallions from one crystal chest, I just get the medallions less often than some of the other chests.

I've received 2-3 pet medallions from both iron and silver chests as well. The only chest I've never had a single pet medallion from was a gold one. I've just found that the odds are usually best on the iron and wood chests.

Still, your odds might be better than you think. relaxed

The biggest thing is to remember what AEGram said about the clock: once you get the first one, be sure to get them all within 24 hours or you'll lose the progress and have to start over.

Happy gaming!

RITA965

Sep-5

Pet Medallions…..

Your advice was spot on as usual, did the 10 part DQ for one pet medallion per part. But…with your and hirento’s advice, went to wooden and iron pet chests and received additional 10 medallions (20 needed for a CC) from 4 pets…3 in each iron, 2 in each wooden. Thanks again!

AEGram

Sep-6

Playbelle said:

I've received 2-3 pet medallions from both iron and silver chests

Just curious..... Are you absolutely sure about this? 

I've never in the history of the game received a pet medallion from a Silver Pet Chest -- Only from Wooden, Iron, and Crystal

• Edited September 6, 2022 3:54 pm  by  AEGram
Playbelle

Sep-9

Hi AEGram,

Yes, I am absolutely sure I've received at least 2 pet medallions from a single silver chest (although 1 is more usual and none is most frequent). I tend to have the best luck with iron chests, even better than wood. 

I don't blame you for wondering, I've seen many players in the forum say only wood and iron chests give pet medallions. I started especially watching for medallions year-round whenever I fed a pet to see if that was right. In my game, it isn't. Some people were surprised when I said I got them from crystal chests. I'm glad to see that others do get them from crystal chests too.

If I remember, I'll try to keep track of which pet and how many medallions for silver chests.