Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

MC challenge day 15   Seasonal Events, CCs and Updates

Started Sep-14 by Andree2022; 1440 views.
Andree2022

Sep-14

Hello friends of MC!  I need help for the task on day 15 which is to earn 700 coins around the airship area.  As I know that sending a ship will not give me coins, I assume that I have to play at the crypt and the broken carriage.  Can someone help me clarify this task ?  Thank you so much, 

Andree2022

Hirento

Sep-14

Sending the ship doesn't give you coins, no. But packing the crates does.

I believe you get 10 or 15 gold per Airship item you pack.  So if the Airship wants say 30 Scrolls, 35 Tablets and 40 Lamps you get 15Gold*30 Scrolls=450 gold for that one crate. Add the 15G*35 tablets and 15G*40 lamps, send one airship and you finish the task.

So all you have to do is pack the crates, you can then wait awhile before actually sending the airship, if you need to.

• Edited September 14, 2022 3:14 pm  by  Hirento
Andree2022

Sep-14

Hello Hirento,

I have been playing this game daily for a good number of years and it seems that there are always things to learn.  I guess that is why the game never gets boring.  A million thanks to you!

Andree2022

AEGram

Sep-14

Andree2022 said:

As I know that sending a ship will not give me coins,

I cannot count the number of people playing the game that "know" there are no coins to be received from the airship area. So, you are in good company.

As you pack each of the bags (click on the check mark next to the crate), you will see a faint coin amount displayed that ascends up to your coin bank. 

The amount is 15 coins for every item packed in a crate, so (as explained in another thread)...packing a crate requiring 30 items will yield you 450 coins. 

700 coins divided by 15 will equal .... 46.666666666..... This means you must pack a total of 47 items into one or more crate to achieve the goal. 

The beauty of this is that you don't need to actually send the airship....just pack a few crates to earn the achievement. However, if you then forget and the airship goes off by itself after the 16-hour docking time, you won't get the free items from actually sending the airship off. 

Of note, you can only "send" a completely full or completely empty airship.....if there are remaining crates to be filled, the airship will go off on its own at the end of the docking time, but there's no credit received in any achievement or no bonus items. 

.......this particular task is good for those who have an over abundance of one of the items requested but limited amounts of one of the others. The airship then can go off on its own and it will help balance your airship inventory.

How I wish.....how I wish....the airship area presented as does the area where we can make trades with the kiddos!!!!! Wouldn't it be wonderful for the airship to request x number of wheels and then give a drop down showing all 6 items of which we can pick and choose various amounts to fulfill the packing requirement?

• Edited September 14, 2022 5:44 pm  by  AEGram
Msg 5130.5 deleted
In reply toRe: msg 4
WeeSam (WeesamNZ)

Sep-15

"How I wish.....how I wish....the airship area presented as does the area where we can make trades with the kiddos!!!!! Wouldn't it be wonderful for the airship to request x number of wheels and then give a drop down showing all 6 items of which we can pick and choose various amounts to fulfill the packing requirement?"

Oh my, what a brillant thing that would be. We should present a petition to Elephant Games that this idea be incorporated into the game! 

AEGram

Sep-15

WeeSam (WeesamNZ) said:

Oh my, what a brillant thing that would be. We should present a petition to Elephant Games that this idea be incorporated into the game! 

Good luck with that! .....the suggestion (along with many other improvements to the airship area that would make the sending far more equitable to players) has been falling on deaf ears of the Developers......many, many, many suggestions were presented when we were in the Big Fish forum. Nothing has been done.

• Edited September 15, 2022 9:49 pm  by  AEGram
In reply toRe: msg 7
WeeSam (WeesamNZ)

Sep-17

I'm just talking when I say we should start a petition. Having played since 2014, and being part of the original forum, I'm very well aware it would go nowhere  But we can dream!

AEGram

Sep-17

WeeSam (WeesamNZ) said:

But we can dream!

I gave up dreaming about them helping a long time ago......and somehow, they tend to not fully understand when they actually do make changes.

For instance....some were complaining that the same ole' ..same ole' Daily Quests were getting boring. They suggested that the Devs could make some new ones to include some of the newer areas for the upper level players.

I commented that they could make the DQ like Trina....."Play a single HOS of your choice" 3x. That way, players could pick and choose like they do with Trina's quests.

Shortly afterwards, we got the random DQs where the old ones were reprogrammed to send you to some HOS or ZZ that must be done. The bad part about the randomness is you can't look at the DQ to know exactly where you're going to see if you want to do that.

Going to the Ghostly Chest 3x in Three Days of the Castle Explorer would be a killer! (and some people have had that one present in that 3-part DQ)

That means...they did 2 HOSs 3x AND sent off a 350 airship just to get to part 2 that stopped them in their tracks or they actually went to the Ghostly Chest 3x. 

Several times we've reminded ourselves to be careful what we wish for because how it gets changed usually causes more hurt than help to the players.

WeeSam (WeesamNZ)

Sep-18

It's not the wishing that hurts, it's the writing it down!

And there have also been many good things that have happened over the years that made the game better, or easier. I only have to think back to the days of the never-ending Bow Figurine and Six Paws! I'm grateful Elephant Games saw a little sense with that one.