Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Best item to craft for shards   Tips, Tricks, Guides and Advice

Started Oct-6 by Delisa40; 1093 views.
Delisa40

Oct-6

Hello, there everyone! Does any one have tips on the best items to craft for gaining shards afterwards by disenchanting them? I know ice breath is good to get as gift but expensive to craft. I am looking for the best cost benefit... Thank you in advance!

AEGram

Oct-6

Crafting any item for the purpose of either gaining more coins or shards can prove disastrous to your game progress.

E.v.e.r.y one of the crafted items requires stamps to craft......as you advance in levels, the amount of stamps required to craft items increases by a bunch, so you'll very soon run out of stamps and be unable to progress in the game.

The reason people are using Ice Breath is because it costs so little to buy that item for a friend as opposed to actually crafting it.....so they swap back and forth.....

you request one....I don't have it....I use a few coins to purchase it to send to you....you disenchant it for shards....you click to send me one, but now you don't have it, so you spend a few coins to buy it and send it to me .....back and forth and back and forth.

The problem with this method is you must rely on others to be honest with the procedure and remember to send one back to you so you can have the shards. 

A much better way to get shards in abundance is to get lots of friends who will display the current event room. When events are running....set aside leveling up.....and play as many of your friends' private event rooms as you possibly can when the event is activated. At the end of the event, you will be absolutely amazed at the number of coins, pet food, stamps, and airship items you've accumulated so you can easily advance in the game.

PLUS........you will also have a TON of event items that can be disenchanted for the shards you want. Winter and Spring events are the best ones because some of those event items will be worth 3 shards each. I generally have well over 1000 e.x.t.r.a of almost all of the event items even after crafting the new pets. 

And, you can do all of this on your own without using up precious stamps and coins to craft items to convert!

• Edited October 6, 2022 3:25 pm  by  AEGram
In reply toRe: msg 2
Delisa40

Oct-8

AEGram said:

undance is to get lots of friends who will display the current event room. When events are running....set aside leveling up.....and play as many of your friends' private event rooms as you possibly can when the event is activated. At the end of the event, you will be absolutely amazed at the number of coins, pet food, stamps, and airship items you've accumulated so you can easily advance in the game. PLUS........you will also have a TON of even

Hi, AEGram, thank you for responding. But I am not worried about my game storage or coins. I am on the top level of the game and have plenty of coins, stamps, etc  to spare. What I am missing is the shards that take forever to accumulate even with the event items that I always disenchant as much as possible. I wanted another low cost item to speed up my shard collection, but thanks for the tips.

AEGram

Oct-8

Delisa40 said:

I wanted another low cost item to speed up my shard collection, but thanks for the tips.

I still contend that using excess Event inventory is the best way to go for shards. 

But, if you have an excess of coinage, stamps, resources.........Look at the "Crafted Item Values - Coin Cost and Sale Value in Coin/Shard" thread that's attached to the COMPLETE INDEX - Tips, Tricks and Guides thread.

Each lab item is listed with those mentioned values...........the disenchant for shard value is the last on each line item.

TLB2 (nvrsdiwsgd)

Oct-8

Try a Thicket Keeper. Doesn't cost $ to craft, but stamps and hard to get items.

Think it shards for 46?

AEGram

Oct-9

Oct-8

Try a Thicket Keeper. Doesn't cost $ to craft, but stamps and hard to get items.

Think it shards for 46?

..............You get 44 shards when disenchanting Thicket Keeper.

bajon

Oct-21

Keys of fate

In reply toRe: msg 7
AEGram

Oct-21

bajon said:

Keys of fate

I got a big giggle out of this one.....True, that one will give you 60 shards when disenchanted.

BUT, it will cost a whopping 2000 coins, 50 Destiny Keys, 5 Plain stamps, 2 Unusual stamps, and 1 Rare stamp to craft that lil darlin'

(For me.....and I have a b.u.n.c.h of inventory and coins.....I'll pass)

• Edited October 22, 2022 12:01 pm  by  AEGram
In reply toRe: msg 8
bajon

Oct-22

I did the 50 destiny keys to get it when I was needing them. 

bajon

Oct-22

I guess I should not have mentioned it. It helped me and I no longer need to work on that part.