Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Trina's Task "Send airship 4 times"   Tips, Tricks, Guides and Advice

Started Dec-2 by kthreads; 2335 views.
kthreads

Dec-2

Not sure where to put this. I've been playing since 2014. I do Trina's tasks on a regular basis to get enough keys for event rooms. I groan each time I have to "Get 300 steering wheels" but try to arrange that task to coincide with either CCs or Daily Challenges and just do it...two birds/one stone, as Mom used to say. 

My tasks changed and now I have,

"Send the airship for steering wheels 0/4 times" for a reward of 1 key.

Are you kidding me??? I'm at L92 on my Janet game. It wants a total of 116 airship items for 348 steering wheels. At this level, it rarely requires less airship items. So, using those amounts times four is 464 airship items and 1392 steering wheels. That's insane.

I thought maybe with the starting of the event they would fix this... then when they added the extra days to the event, they'd fix this. Nope. 
As I regularly tackle Trina's tasks since I began playing, and have never gotten this task before the last update, I am assuming it's new. Apparently the devs didn't consider the total amount of airships required when they changed this... or that we get 1 airship per HOS completed, meaning it takes a long time to get the number of airships required. I have to say, this means I am not going to be doing Trina's tasks. If by chance I eventually fulfill this by doing CCs or Daily Challenges, fine...... But this is soooo unreasonable and is now a very expensive task to complete.

Janet

PC: Janet / Isadora
Android: jdmrgn / jd / janni

• Edited December 2, 2022 10:13 am  by  kthreads
AEGram

Dec-3

Indeed, this current Trina quest you've been presented is way off the scales for being fair, reasonable, or even correct for regular game play.

The ONLY place I've ever seen a send x number of airships is for a CC task.

Plus, a player cannot get another Trina quest without completing one, so you're basically totally stuck. 

Please contact Big Fish or Elephant Games to see if one of the techs can fix this for you.

Email address for customer support with Elephant Games: support@elephant-games.am

When need help from Big Fish: support@midnightcastle.zendesk.com

In reply toRe: msg 2
kthreads

Dec-5

I received the answer pasted below from CS...who obviously did not read my request very well.

I am getting tasks, so I don't know why he says he's "sorry Trina isn't currently giving any quests for keys." He did send me a few keys for my ' inconvenience '. 

I responded, very nicely, that I am getting quests, however, this one of sending the airship 4 times is not only unheard of, but unreasonable. I requested again that it be brought to the devs attention. We'll see if he responds.

I sent a message to EG, but have not received any response. I am not surprised as it took five emails to EG over a three month period to get EG to respond to my requests for help regarding my PC games crashing continuously.

Response from Big Fish CS:

I'm sorry to hear there has been a concern with the Trina Quests not functioning as intended in Midnight Castle. I completely understand wanting to sort this out as soon as possible, which I'm more than happy to help with.

I apologize for the inconvenience. I'm sorry to hear that Trina isn't currently giving any quests for Keys. The way that Midnight Castle is designed, these kinds of quests from Trina appear randomly, so they won't always be available. I apologize that I'm not able to cause those quests to appear personally, but hopefully Trina will help you earn more Destiny Keys very soon.

• Edited December 5, 2022 10:33 am  by  kthreads
AEGram

Dec-5

kthreads said:

Response from Big Fish CS: I'm sorry to hear there has been a concern with the Trina Quests not functioning as intended in Midnight Castle. I completely understand wanting to sort this out as soon as possible, which I'm more than happy to help with.   I apologize for the inconvenience. I'm sorry to hear that Trina isn't currently giving any quests for Keys. The way that Midnight Castle is designed, these kinds of quests from Trina appear randomly, so they won't always be available. I apologize that I'm not able to cause those quests to appear personally, but hopefully Trina will help you earn more Destiny Keys very soon.

His comment that I've put in red shows he has no clue at all how Trina quests work!

THESE requests (for sending 4 airship items) have never, never, never, never ,,,,ever, ever, ever, ever been part of Trina's quest repertoire!

They DO appear randomly within CC tasks....and that is the only place they've been.

In reply toRe: msg 4
kthreads

Dec-5

I agree totally. I was pretty ticked off when I read this this morning from him. I had to walk away from my email for a while so I could write back with a civil tongue. I really wanted to blast him. But knew being hostile or rude would get me nowhere. I pointed all his erroneous statements out, but did it "nicely". 

If I don't get a response back soon, I will try again with EG. EG used to be wonderful, however, it's really unsettling that they don't respond to support email sent to them. I know they are working because they've released several new games. 

Janet

WeeSam (WeesamNZ)

Dec-16

Aren't Destiny Keys the blue ones? Trina doesn't give you those. She gives us the Golden Key.

I don't think this guy is wrong, just confused about which keys you are talking about. If he is thinking Destiny Keys, he is correct that they are random where they appear. But, obviously, Golden key quests are different. I think you just need to let him know you are discussing the Trina Golden Key quests, not the random blue side quests.

AEGram

Dec-17

WeeSam (WeesamNZ) said:

Aren't Destiny Keys the blue ones? Trina doesn't give you those. She gives us the Golden Key. I don't think this guy is wrong, just confused about which keys you are talking about. If he is thinking Destiny Keys, he is correct that they are random where they appear. But, obviously, Golden key quests are different. I think you just need to let him know you are discussing the Trina Golden Key quests, not the random blue side quests.

Ah, WeeSam......how very astute you are!!!! I totally missed the part of the tech calling the keys in question "Destiny" Keys instead of "Golden" Keys!!!!!

Good catch! Detailed oriented, you are!!!!! 

kthreads

Dec-17

I missed that. Good catch. I guess I was so frustrated I didn't read the difference. You're right.

On Facebook, a couple other people have gotten the same "send airships 4 times to get steering wheels" and are not happy. One player is only on level 34 so she hasn't yet amassed a large inventory. 

Janet 

WeeSam (WeesamNZ)

Dec-18

I have a second game, currently at Level 39. I always have to send the airship at least 3 times in order to fulfil the airship wheel requirement, as you get far less wheels at the lower levels, but you also need to pack far less items.  At even lower levels I was having to send it 4 times, so it isn't making much of a difference at that level. And if lower level players play the game, do the HOS, do the event HOS, they should be able to pick up plenty of airship items to get through reasonably easily. I know I have way more airship items in my L39 game, than in my L118 game.

It would only be when you are at much higher levels, with correspondingly higher numbers of items to pack, that it would be really hard and a serious drain on resources that most won't be able to afford.

AEGram

Dec-18

WeeSam (WeesamNZ) said:

I have a second game, currently at Level 39. I always have to send the airship at least 3 times in order to fulfil the airship wheel requirement

Kthreads isn't needing to send the airship numerous times to fulfill the "wheels" because she isn't getting the traditional "give me 300 wheels" request from Trina....................Trina's quest entry is "send 4 packed airships to get wheels" ...............this is how the Castle Challenge tasks are worded....This has never, never, ever been a wording in a Trina quest.