Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Living the Good Life in Delphi: Ghosts, Pets and Magic Reside Within   Oh the Absurdity!

Started 6/19/18 by mdpetdoc; 206064 views.
Myelle (Myelle01)

1/11/20

I didn’t mention Buddy before only because of how much has passed. We got tired of all of his in and out so Galen put in a doggy door for him. Buddy took to it quickly.

One particularly wet and cold day, he brought home a friend. She made herself at home and now we have 2 pets. We named her Lady. Both of them are very good around our babies.

I have noticed that Lady is getting fat, eating a lot and napping more than before. I suspect that we may soon have puppies around.

Galen is at the base right now doing his duty. We had quite the discussion about our future last night. He wants more children and I don’t; at least not yet.

“What is wrong? I thought you wanted lots of children.”

”We have twins and they are quite the handful by themselves. There is no way I can handle them and get pregnant again right now.”

”But by the time you get pregnant again and give birth, they will be over a year old. That is perfect for time between them and the new baby’s ages. I want 1a year for as long as we can do it.”

”No way! I am not doing the barefoot and pregnant thing for you. 1a year? Forget that idea. We may have been only children but our boys are not. I only want 2 more children and I will decide when I am ready.”

”Come on. Do this for me.  I have always wished I was surrounded by siblings and I want that for our boys.”

”They will be, in a way, but not until I am ready. You forget, it is my body. Do I look like an incubator? I think not.”

”No, you don’t look like an incubator.” He kissed me at that point and nature took over from there.

Myelle (Myelle01)

1/11/20

Over the months as he came and went, Lucius noted lessening of activity at the lodge and castle. This morning, he realizes that there is no activity. “Hmmm, it couldn’t be what I think” he says quietly to himself.

Lucius lands, changes to his Elvyn form and walks up to the door of the lodge and finds it locked. The windows are dark and there is no activity inside when he looks through the windows. He takes a walk around but no one is there.

His next place to check is the pet enclosure. As he approaches, he doesn’t hear any activity. The place is just as empty as the lodge.

In fact, the only activity is from the winter ghosts which he notes there are 3 new ones flying about.

Next, he heads for Salty’s to see if anyone there knows what happened. But even there, it was nearly empty with the exception of Salty and a few customers from the village.

He sits at the bar, orders hot tea and listens for clues about what happened.

mdpetdoc

1/12/20

Anabel quietly sits on my lap as I contemplate the last few months. The warmth and peace of the Elven Sanctuary soothes my soul. The so far unsuccessful search for the Black Magic Sorcerer and his clan brothers obliterated the holidays leaving me empty inside. I miss Birch, family life, and old friends.

I hear Anabel’s sorrow as she asks about Jenny Wren. I stroke her gently and tell her I also worry that Jenny has been unsuccessful in her mission. She bats my nose so that I toss a wad of paper into the middle of the cabbits. She jumps down to lacklusterly chase it. Suddenly there is a blur of rolling fur and cat chirrups. Birch lands on my lap purring delightedly. Anabel follows and the two curl up together happily grooming each other’s head.

I fall asleep with the stream babbling and the circling butterflies my lullaby.

Myelle (Myelle01)

1/12/20

While Lucius is out, Antheia, having seen to her children now meets with her advisery council; 5 people from around the kingdom.
“Majesty, the people are happy their queen has returned but there are rumors of unrest.” Devan says.

”What do you mean? What rumors?” She asks.

”From what we hear, there hadn’t been a queen for so long that you aren’t needed.” Julian says.

George adds “They say there is no need for a queen or any ruling party; that they can rule themselves.”

Antheia thinks before speaking. “We need to do something about this. Any ideas?”

”No, Majesty” they all say together.

”Then this meeting will reconvene tomorrow morning and I want ideas from all of you.” Antheia says. “You all may go.”

Her council rises from their seats, bow and leave. Antheia remains to think on this.

Lady Dragon comes up quietly behind her, “Majesty?” She says quietly.

Antheia turns to look at her. “What is it?”

”I heard what was said and I am worried. What are you going to do?”

”I don’t know yet, but I do know that we need to get the people to understand that I am not here to interfere in their lives.”

“You haven’t gotten out much since the weather turned for winter, perhaps a walk in the garden would help to clear your head.”

”Thank you, Lady Dragon, that would be a good idea.” They walk together through the garden and discuss their families.

mdpetdoc

1/12/20

“Doctor Poppet! Doctor Poppet!” ***tori’s*** cries startle me awake.

I jump up unceremoniously dumping Anabel and Birch.

Running into the hospital, I call “what’s wrong?”

I stop dead. Grim is sitting in front of her laptop with the screens furiously changing. My fear is confirmed. Jenny has failed. I wonder what went wrong. I check Grim carefully. She’s still exceedingly weak but in good health so something went right.

“***tori***, it looks like Grim is here to stay. Hopefully she’ll communicate with us through her laptop and we’ll be able to meet her needs.”

Eyes are boring into my back. Anabel and Birch are staring at me in disgust. “Sorry guys. We’ll do more lap time in a few minutes.”

***tori*** and I watch as Grim shows us what she can eat and other items she needs. ***tori*** tells her to order the items and starts prepping food. It feels good to be taking care of an old friend.

I scoop up Birch and Anabel on my way outside and slam into Grey Nightwalker as I stand up. I almost drop the cats with the shock of seeing the pups.

“The pups no longer need to guard the nexus. Jenny Wren has been returned to Alpha realm in corporeal form completing the permanent closure of Alpha realm. There is no access from Alpha realm to any other realm and the evil that dwells there is frozen in time,” Grey Nightwalker explains.

“What about the Black Magic Sorcerer?”

“He and his clan are still a threat. There is always evil to counterbalance good.”

Sadly acknowledging this truth, I return to the peace of the patio.

Myelle (Myelle01)

1/13/20

Lucius talked to Salty while he tried to get useful information but “I don’t know what happened, Lucius. Everyone was just gone one day and no one has been back.” He went back to wiping mugs and tending his bar.

Lucius stuck around for a few hours but the only talk was the usual drunk boasting so he left. Taking his dragon form he takes to the sky and flies over the Elvyn Sanctuary.

From the sky, it appears empty but he gets the feeling it isn’t. He circles, flies low and spots Poppet and company napping. Not wanting to disturb them, he flies on.

mdpetdoc

1/19/20

A shadow blocks the warmth of the sun on my face. My mind is screaming “***tori*** protect Grim” but the scream is replaced by butterflies and a beautiful mating dance. I relax again - the shadow is just Lucius flying overhead and not evil invading the Elven Sanctuary.

Antheia is giving birth and the room is filled with dragon queens. I’m surprised to learn that the firstborn daughter is not automatically the next queen. She must prove that she can love deeply and completely; that she’ll sacrifice everything, including her life, for that love; and that she’ll risk that love for her country and its people. I understand why Ame gave her life but not why this repeatedly invades both my consciousness and unconsciousness.

Birch hooks a claw in my nose waking me.

Myelle (Myelle01)

1/19/20

Lucius heads for the Elvyn Military Base to find Galen in the hopes that they can figure out what has happened.

In the meantime, I wake to the cry of my boys. I look at the time and realize that they slept through the night. Time to get up and feed them.

A while later, boys fed, changed, dressed and in their playpen, it is time for me to see to my breakfast.

While I eat, I notice that Lady seems to be pacing and Buddy is watching her carefully. After cleaning up, “Lady, come here.” I kneel down to her “come on, girl” and she comes over. While I pet her, I feel around her stomach and feel the puppies moving around. When I stand up, Lady walks away and disappears behind the couch. Buddy comes over for a bit of attention. “Looks like you are going to be a father soon.” He gives a yip and licks my cheek before taking up a place near the boys.

Myelle (Myelle01)

1/20/20

Lucius found Galen out at the archery field teaching a class of recruits. He stands off to side and watches until the class ends. Galen notices him and gives a wave then walks over to Lucius after class. The shake hands and “Hello, Lucius.”

”Galen. We need to talk.”

”About what?”

”First, answer a question for me. Has Myelle lost contact with the lodge?”

”Yes and we can’t figure out why. What is going on?”

”The lodge is closed up, everyone is gone. There isn’t any activity from the castle and all of the animals are gone. Something happened while we have been gone and we need to figure out what happened.”

”This doesn’t sound good. Any idea where to start?” Galen asks.

”I guess we could ask around the village.”

”Perhaps we should take a look around the lodge and the castle; there may be some one who can provide information.”

”Maybe. I certainly hope we can solve this.” Lucius answers.

“I need to get clearance to do this. Come, let’s go see my C.O.”

They head for the main building and chat as they go.

When they get to his office, they are admitted. Galen and Lucius explain what is going on and what they intend to do. The C.O. “You may go investigate this issue but you don’t need to take leave. Galen, consider this a mission. Take as much time as you need but keep me informed.”

”Thank you, sir.”

”Dismissed.” The C.O. Says. Lucius and Galen leave the office and begin planning.

Myelle (Myelle01)

1/20/20

While I am cleaning house, I check on Lady. She is curled up napping behind the couch. It looks so cramped back there, I move it away from the wall a few inches. She wakes and looks up at me and I smile at her.

I check on the boys who are napping as well then pet Buddy. I get an idea, go to the desk for paper and pencil but don’t get to write. I answer a knock at the door instead.

”Hello, Baldor. Come in.”
I step aside and he enters saying “Hello, Myelle.” We hug then I close the door.

”The boys are asleep.”

”I can see that. How are you all doing?”

“We are good. How have you and Issa been?”

”We are doing good as well.”

Buddy comes over and greets Baldor but Lady watches from behind the couch. Baldor gives him a pet then Buddy takes his favorite spot next to the playpen.

”What brings you here?” I ask.

”Do I need a reason?”

”No. Please, sit. Can I get you something?”

”No, thanks,” he says sitting on the couch. “I was hoping to spend some time with my grandchildren.”

”When they wake up, you can do just that. In the meantime, can you do something for me?” I explain that I want to give the dogs their own space. We figure out what to do and he goes to get the supplies.

A couple of hours later, accompanied by my father, he returns with the supplies. Together, they build a small room for the dogs in an unused space in the front room.

I get their dog bed and blanket and put them in there. Buddy investigates it then gives a bark. He goes to Lady but she refuses to leave the couch.

The 3 of us head into the kitchen.