Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Living the Good Life in Delphi: Ghosts, Pets and Magic Reside Within   Oh the Absurdity!

Started 6/19/18 by mdpetdoc; 234996 views.
Myelle (Myelle01)

Feb-11

I’ve been dreaming about Galen again; weird and dark dreams that I can’t put into words. It is like his body is alive somewhere but his soul is in a dark, cold place. I feel his presence in the dreams and can hear him call out; yet it is too dark to see him. As I move through this cold, dark place, the cold goes through me like ice in a drink and I hear other voices; Galen isn’t alone. When I wake I feel the cold as though I have been outside in the snow: naked. It takes turning up the heater and a pile of blankets to warm me.

The notes asking for assistance have gone unanswered and I wonder if they reached their intended recipients. I certainly hope they have.

Myelle (Myelle01)

Feb-20

A silver dragon lands in the back yard and takes the form of an older male elf. He walks around to the front of the house and knocks on the door. He looks around as he waits and makes mental notes to himself about the neighborhood. He can hear th dogs barking inside. When he hears the door unlock, he turns back towards it.

I hear the knock at the door while I am taking a moment to relax. Buddy had cuddled up to me on the couch and was nearly asleep. Now the dogs are barking but not running toward the door. I get up and go to the door. When I look outside, I don’t recognize the male but open the door anyway, “ Hello”.

”Hello. Are you Myelle? “ he asks.

”Yes. Who are you and what do you want?”

”My name is Ronan and I am here to help. The gods have heard your pleas for help and they sent me. May I come in?”

I take a few seconds to consider before moving aside and opening the door further. “Yes” and I move aside. Ronan enters and the dogs come to greet him and check out the new person. He kneels down and pets them as if they are old friends and stays there until Buddy and Lady have had enough attention. “Their names are Buddy and Lady” I say.

“They are nice dogs.” He sees the boys napping in the playpen and studies them for a moment before looking at me. “Your sons are beautiful. They are going to grow up and be heart breakers until they find their fated mates. May I?” He asks indicating the couch.

”Certainly” I answer. “Would you like something to eat or drink?”

”Tea would be nice.”

I nod and go into the kitchen. I put the kettle on to heat, put a couple of mugs, spoons and teabags on a tray with sugar, honey and milk. I add a plate of cookies. When the water is hot, I pour and add the teabags to the cups before bringing them out. I put the tray on the coffee table. I serve him a cup “there is milk and sweetener” and l hand him a spoon.

Ronan takes the cup and spoon, “thank you”.

I sit down with mine in the chair. “You are welcome. Now, what are you really here for? You are welcome to the cookies if you want any.”

He fixes his tea, studies the cookies then sits back on the couch while I wait. “Tell me, what do you know of Galen’s happenings before he disappeared?”

”Not much. He was being  good father but I could tell something was wrong. He wouldn’t talk about it though. Something happened before we moved back into this house. What did the gods tell you?”

”Only that he is a protector and needs help. What happened when he vanished?”

“He didn’t exactly vanish,” I say. “He got this blank look on his face, dropped the fork he was holding, got up, walked out the door and headed for the forest. I haven’t seen him since. I searched but failed.” A tear falls from each eye and I have to look away.

Ronan sits quietly while I compose myself before speaking. Thunder rolls across the sky and we both look up.

Myelle (Myelle01)

Feb-20

Lucius is headed for his office when a servant brings him a note. “Sir, the cook found this in the kitchen. It is addressed to you.” He shakily says s he hands the note over.

”Why was this in the kitchen when it is for me?”

”I don’t know, sir.”

”Where was it found?” Lucius asks as he looks at it. “Never mind, I will deal with the problem later.” He runs off leaving the servent confused. Shaking his head, he heads back to the kitchen.

Lucius runs to Antheia’s office, enters quickly and has to take a few beats of his heart before speaking.

Antheia looks up, “ What is wrong, Lucius?”

”first off, we have a problem with our staff, someone is keeping our messages from us.” He holds up the paper. “Second, this is from Myelle; something has happened to Galen. I have to go.”

Getting up and coming around the desk, “what has happened? How are they?” She asks concerned.

”Something happened to Galen and then he vanished. Myelle is upset and needs help. I have to go.”

Lady Dragon is just entering and hears what is said. “I will look into the issue with the note, my Lord. I will have an answer for you when you return.”

”Thank you” Lucius says to her before heading out.

The females watch him leave before speaking. “I hope all will be well soon, Majesty.”

”Me too. Now what news do you have for me?”

“The invites have gone out to the leaders of the factions that are causing trouble. Now, all we have to do is wait and see.”

”Good. I hope we can solve this issue soon.”

”Majesty, if I may...”

”Yes? Speak your mind my friend.”

”You are queen, your word is law. Why don’t you just assert your power?”

”As much as I would like to, these people aren’t used to having anyone to rule over them.”

”You forget, Majesty, many of you subjects are very old. Some, a few anyway, were alive when your mother ruled.”

”I will not become a tyrant type of ruler. This may be a monarchy but there is no need for me to rule with an iron fist.”

”You may have to make an example of the leaders to end this opposition to your rule.”

”I will cross that bridge when I come to it. Now, you may go. Please check on my children” Antheia says as she sits down behind her desk. “Then you may go home if you wish.”

”Yes, Majesty.” Lady Dragon takes her leave of the queen and quietly closes the door behind her. She heads for the nursery before starting her investigation.

Antheia tries to return to her reports on the royal accounts but can’t concentrate. “I need to clear my head” she says to herself as she stands. She heads out to her private garden.

Myelle (Myelle01)

Feb-21

Lucius is outside and winging his way to Galen and Myelle’s home in town in just a few minutes. Knowing it is going to take hours, he paces himself so as not to tire himself.

After giving him the details of what I witnessed, our conversation turned to our shared dreams. He insisted on getting all of the details that I could recall.

”I think I may know where we will find Galen and many others who are missing.” Ronan says. “You will need to come with me.”

“I can’t. I don’t have anyone to take care of my children and the dogs.” As if on cue, the boys wake up. Naturally, they are hungry and need to eat. They cry so I get up to take care of them. “Excuse me.”

”Let me help” and he also gets up. I pick up one and he gets the other. He follows me into the other room where I find out that he is good with babies. There is small talk while I feed them.

As I get to know Ronan better, something stirs within me but I am not sure what it is. What I do know, is that if Galen was dead or otherwise permanently gone and Ronan is still in my life, I won’t be able to resist being with him. I try to mentally shake it off.

After the boys are fed we return to the living room, he plays with them while I clean up our snack and let the dogs out.

Myelle (Myelle01)

Feb-21

It started  to rain so I called the dogs in. They headed to the living room, Ronan and the boys. I followed them into the living room and saw them all over Ronan and the boys. Suddenly there is a bright flash of light followed by a mighty boom. It caused all of us to pause, including the dogs. The boys started to cry and the dogs whined as they tried to hide behind the couch.

Ronan and I picked up the boys to calm them as the storm waged war outside. After a few minutes  of rocking them and softly talking, the boys calmed down. We put them back into the playpen.

”I need to leave,” Ronan says.

”In this weather? You should at least wait until it calms down out there.”

”I assure you, I will be fine. I have flown in this kind of weather before.”

”Flown? What are you?” I ask.

He looks deep into my eyes as he answers “I am a dragon.”

I hear him but find myself lost in his gaze. My breath quickens as I see and feel things that I shouldn’t and don’t want. When he turns away and breaks the spell, I suddenly feel very cold and wrap my arms around myself. “What was that?”

”Are you okay?” He asks but doesn’t ever answer my question.

” I’m not sure. You should go. Be careful.”

“I will.” He moves to the door, opens it and is gone as I get there to close and lock it. Starting to shake, I curl up on the couch with a blanket around me. I watch the boys play and listen to the weather outside.

Ronan becomes the dragon once he is away from the house. “What happened in there when our eyes locked?” He asks his dragon.

”Her mate is missing and she is fertile. It is her body needing to mate and our response to those pheromones.”

“I should have known that.” Ronan answers then flies in the direction that Galen was seen walking. However, he doesn’t believe that it is just pheromones. Ronan believes there is something more going on.

Myelle (Myelle01)

Feb-21

The storm continues on into the night but it didn’t let up much until late, after we were asleep.

I pulled myself off of the couch after I felt warm again. I did what was needed and then we all went to bed early.

I tossed and turned for a while before finally sleeping. My dreams changed again. I found myself caught between 2 silver dragons. They transformed into their elven forms and I gasped. I was looking at Galen and Ronan and it took me a bit before I could react.

Both males look at me then study each other. I throw myself into Galen’s arms and he holds me close. “I’ve missed you” I say.

”I have missed you as well” Galen answers before kissing me deeply.

I want to show him how much I have missed him right then and there but Ronan clears his throat; reminding us that he is still there. We turn and look at him. Something in Ronan’s eyes and posture tells me that he isn’t happy with this reunion. “Thank you, Ronan.” I say.

”You are welcome but he still needs to be freed in the waking world. I still haven’t found him there. In the meantime...” He moves closer, reaches for me and Galen pulls me away.

”She is mine, not yours “ Galen says.

”We will see about that” Ronan says just before he is a dragon again. Galen becomes a dragon as well and they fight. It is all I can do to keep from getting trampled by them.

I don’t get to find out who the winner is though. A loud noise and a wet tongue wake me. Buddy whines and I wonder what is up. There is a pounding at the door so I get up to see who it is. I open the door and a very wet Lucius steps inside.

Myelle (Myelle01)

Apr-12

Lucius magically dried himself as I closed the door. Happy to see a friend, I hug him. He hugs me back then pushes me away. We exchanged a few words then went to our separate beds. He slept in the guest bedroom.

I woke in the morning to the smells of bacon and coffee along with the sound of light rain. Slipping out of bed, I pull a bathrobe around me and slide my feet into slippers. I look in on the twins as I head for the kitchen. The dogs greet me in the front room and we have a moment of good morning scratches and kisses. As I walk into the kitchen, Lucius looks up and smiles.

”Good morning.” He says cheerfully and moves over to the coffee maker. He pours a cup and adds cream and sugar.

”Good morning,” I say s he hands me the cup. I take a deep smell of the concoction then sip. “Mmmm, thank you. This is good.” I wrap my hands around the cup.

”You’re welcome. Would you like some breakfast?”

My stomach growls before I can answer.

”I’ll take that as a yes.” He says then gets me a plate of food.

We eat at the kitchen table and he tells me about how he got my message and the story of his flight in the storm. “Did you have a guest yesterday?” He asks.

”Yes, how did you know?”

“I smell him. Who was it?”

I tell him about Ronan.

Elsewhere, Ronan has been over taken by the storm and has had to take shelter. Finding an abandoned cabin, he uses it to get out of the storm.

In a distant mountain, Galen and others sleep in their cave chambers. For the first time in months, he connects in his dream with Myelle but is surprised by Ronan.

Myelle being pulled from the dream doesn’t phase either male. Their battle continues until Galen manages to pin Ronan and get his mouth over his throat. Not wanting to die, Ronan surrenders and the dream ends there for both of them.