Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Living the Good Life in Delphi: Ghosts, Pets and Magic Reside Within   Oh the Absurdity!

Started 6/19/18 by mdpetdoc; 206286 views.
Di (amina046)

6/22/18

I gathered! Even so, I will now turn in, wishing you a peaceful night, and see you tomorrow

Tata

CHARLIE (charlieisr)

6/22/18

NO NEED,  MISS KATT HAD THE GNOMES PUT IN PROPER BATHS AND PLUMBING IN THE TEA ROOM.  HOT SHOWERS AND EVERY THING.   THIS TEA ROOM HAS EVERY CONVENIENCE YOU WILL NEED.    THE ANIMAL ENCLOUSURE HAS RUNNING WATER.  HOT AND COLD.  BATHS NEED THESE THEY ALL GET BATHS WELL THE CATS NOT SO MUCH. BUT THE REST DO.  

CHARLIE (charlieisr)

6/22/18

I HEAR KATT'S CALL BUT MUST REMAIN WHERE I AM.  SO I LISTEN TO HER THOUGHTS.   OK,  SO SHE IS GOING I WISH HER WELL.  AME  HAS AGREED TO TAKE OVER THE TEA ROOM.   I AM STILL WAITING FOR THE PIXIU'S  I WILL GO TO SEBASTIEN WHEN I HAVE SPOKEN TO THEM.  I WILL STAY WITH SEBASTIEN TILL HE HAS RECOVERED.  

mdpetdoc

6/22/18

I WAKE EARLY AND HEAD TO THE ELVEN SANCTUARY TO GET MORE SUPPLIES FOR UPSET TUMMIES. THERE ARE BOUND TO BE MORE AS THE CASTLE DENIZENS CONTINUE TO FORCE FEED CERTAIN PETS IN THE HOPE OF OBTAINING AN IRON CHEST.

NOW TO THE LIBRARY. I CHECK ON SEBASTIEN. HE IS RESTING QUIETLY WITH A NUMBER OF FELINES RESTING NEARBY.

GRIM’S EYES ARE STILL OPEN AND SEEM TO BE LOOKING AT A COMPUTER MONITOR. I READ WHAT IS ON IT. THE ANSWER IS SO SIMPLE. GRIM HASN’T REACHED A FULL RECOVERY BECAUSE OF A NUTRITIONAL DEFICIENCY FROM ALL THE TIME SHE WAS NOT ADEQUATELY FED. I WAS GIVING HER A BALANCED NUTRITIONAL DIET BUT HADN’T CONSIDERED WHAT NUTRITION SHE MIGHT HAVE HAD BEFORE COMING INTO MY CARE. I QUICKLY RUN TO THE KITCHEN AND GET THE NEEDED FOODS FROM AME. GRIM REACHES FULL AWARENESS VERY QUICKLY. I CATCH HER UP ON OUR DEPARTURE TO DELPHI AS THE OLD REALM WAS PERMANENTLY SEALED AND FROZEN IN TIME. GRIM, I AM WORRIED ABOUT CAP, PTG, AND ROO. THEY HAVE SET OFF TO DO BATTLE IN AN UNKNOWN REALM. I DON’T KNOW IF THEY ARE AWARE THAT IT IS SIMILAR BUT NOT THE SAME JUST AS THIS REALM IS SIMILAR BUT NOT THE SAME.

HEY! HOW DID THAT OBSCURE NUTRITIONAL ARTICLE APPEAR ON THE MONITOR. SHE GRINS AND TELLS ME SHE DEVELOPED A NEW ABILITY WHILE UNABLE TO MOVE. SHE CAN OPERATE A COMPUTER WITH JUST HER MIND. OH, THAT EXPLAINS THE WHIRRING NOISES. DO YOU WISH TO REJOIN THE BATTLE AND ARE YOU UP TO IT? SHE SAYS YES. I WILL HAVE CINDER TAKE YOU TO YOUR FRIENDS AND RETRIEVE MY TESTING DUMMY. GRIM – TESTING DUMMY???? I CREATED A REPLICA TO TRY TO DETERMINE THE SOURCE OF THE WHIRRING. FROST TOOK OFF WITH IT THINKING IT WAS YOU. SHE LAUGHED – IN HER OPINION DRAGONS ARE NOT AS SMART AS RABBITS. I TAKE HOLD OF GRIM AND USE MY BRACELET TO GET BOTH OF US OUT OF THE SECRET LIBRARY. CINDER PICKS US UP AND FLIES UPWARD TO THE SANCTUARY. WAIT, CASH AND WICKERBAT WERE LEFT BEHIND. I’M ASSUMING YOU WANT TO TAKE THEM WITH YOU. VIGOROUS HEAD NODDING IS MY ANSWER. CINDER SWEEPS OVER TO AME AND PICKS UP THE VERY EXCITED FERRETS.

CINDER LEAVES ME IN THE SANCTUARY AND DISAPPEARS INTO ANOTHER REALM WHICH I HAVE NOT YET VISITED. IT SEEMS ONLY MINUTES WHEN CINDER RETURNS WITH THE DUMMY. HE IS DEJECTED BECAUSE HE WAS UNABLE TO LOCATE HOOTIE FOR A VISIT BUT TELLS ME PTG, CAP AND ROO ARE SAFE FOR THE MOMENT. IT IS ALWAYS BITTERSWEET WHEN A LONG TERM PATIENT IS DISCHARGED. I HOPE GRIM’S NEW FOUND ABILITY HELPS KEEP HER SAFE.

Inventory wasn’t really that. Cold storage and cool storage both had a lot to work with so no problem there right now. On to the kitchen pantry. Hmmm, lots to work with here so no problems either. Time to start lunch.

As I worked around the kitchen, Doc came in with Cinder and Grim. I finally briefly got to meet her but they were here for Cash and Wickerbat as the 3 of them were returning to the others. It was a tearful goodbye and then they were gone. I wish them well and hope they visit.

Back to lunch, with so few of us now, I set up a buffet lunch; a lplatter of different cheeses, a platter of different sliced meats, some lettuce, sliced tomatoes, pickles and a couple of salads. Drinks, iced coffe, iced tea, ice water and cold fruit juice. Hot coffee for Charlie if she joins us. Saddened, I picked a quiet corner with a window view for my lunch and made myself eat.

Then, it was back to the kitchen to clean up. Afterward, I popped in to see how Sebastien was doing. Charlie told me not so good. I told her I am now in control of the tea room and that lunch is served. “You go get something to eat and I will bring Sebastien some food.”

Charlie reluctantly agreed and I teleported us back. I made up a tray for Sebastien and popped back over. I made sure he ate before falling back to sleep. As I s at there with him, I remembered my letter to Pixiu and realized that I hadn’t gotten an answer. That was when Charlie returned. 

“Charlie, have you heard from The Pixius?”

”No” she said.”Why do you ask?”

”Neither have I. I wrote them a note but it hasn’t been answered.” Pause for consideration, “I hope nothing has happened. I need to get back. I will see you later.” I pop back to the tea room.

In reply toRe: msg 47

I find that I have some time before working on dinner so I pop over to my tent. There, I pack my stuff up that I want to have to use then fis the tent flaps so they won’t open so easily. I can’t say goodbye to my forrest home so I say a see you later. This place will be perfect for a secondary forage sight. It is still good for when I befell like getting away for awhile.

My next stop is the animal compound to get Buddy. He comes running to me and is very happy to see me. I take him back to the tea room with me. He won’t need to stay there anymore now that I am in charge.

i put my stuff in our room then head to the kitchen. I grab a large pillow along the way for Buddy and make him a bed out of the way where I tell him to stay. He only stays after I give him a treat. Then, I put the box of food from my tent in the pantry for future use.

Time to work on dinner.

mdpetdoc

6/22/18

I ATE SOME OF THE SALAD AND MADE A SANDWICH FROM AME’S AMPLE BUFFET. I SIPPED ICED TEA WHILE DWELLING ON THE SIMILARITIES AND DIFFERENCES OF THIS REALM FROM THE OLD. THE GAME IS CLEARLY BEING PLAYED HERE BUT DOESN’T SEEM TO BE GENERATING DUST BUNNIES. I HEAR PLAYERS GROANING AT THE DICE TABLE IN SALTY’S INN BUT SO FAR I HAVEN’T RUN INTO SKULL PETE. WHY ARE THERE GODS IN THIS MC REALM? THERE IS MUCH TO PONDER ABOUT OUR NEW HOME.

I FINISH MY ICED TEA AND WALK TO THE ANIMAL ENCLOSURES TO FEED AND TEND TO THE PETS SINCE CHARLIE IS CARING FOR SEBASTIEN. NOW THAT MOST OF THE CASTLE DENIZENS HAVE ACHIEVED THEIR 5 IRON CHESTS THE HEDGEHOG LOOKS MORE COMFORTABLE. I APOLOGIZE TO BABY FOR CALLING HER A HIM BUT I AM NOT LIFTING THE TAIL ON A MAMMOTH TO CHECK THE SEX UNLESS ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY.

I PASS TIAN LU ON MY WAY TO THE SECRET LIBRARY FOR SOME NIGHT TIME READING. I LET HIM KNOW THAT CINDER REPORTS CAP, ROO, AND PTG ARE SAFE SO THERE IS NO NEED TO BE ON GUARD FOR THEM. CHARLIE HASN’T LEFT SEBASTIEN’S SIDE BUT HE STILL ONLY WAKENS FOR SHORT PERIODS. I SEE THE SADNESS IN TIAN LU’S EYES. I KNOW. I HOPE HE IS BETTER SOON. SO MUCH SADDNESS LATELY.

I DECIDE ON BORROWED CRIME AND HEAD BACK TO THE TEA ROOM.

I have made it back after a long, upsetting day and an equally long, sleepless night.  Even though I re read one of my favourite light romances, I was still tossing and turning at 02:00 4 hours after turning of the light.  My mind was racing in 20 directions at once, my arm was aching like crazy, never has been right since the last two events.   I had made it to the end of content on Myrtle's game, had advanced from level 78 to 82 on Cattipuss over the last week, popped in to get the daily bonus and gift on Silky but forgot to move the nights, will I ever get that 30 day achievement?, then across to Trixie Belle to sell off more inventory in the hope that I can finally close that game. From the game with the least friends, 45, she now has the most at 127 friends.  She has no diamonds, not much event inventory, but one day she will be closed and that computer can finally die a dignified death.  It has served me well and faithfully for the last 10 years even though it runs Vista and no longer updates anything.  All I can do on it is play Trixe's game.

Like MDPetDoc, I have chose an crime story to go in my shoulder bag,  Wycliffe and the Scapegoat.   I will now go and chase the items needed to open the flag, then will check the office for Gabrielle, who has only recently appeared in Cat's game

In reply toRe: msg 50
Di (amina046)

6/23/18

I am sorry to have been away thru most of the hullabaloo to please Klothilde! But I am sure that all of this did not serve Sebastian well. Maybe a sojourn of a couple of weeks in Sebastopol would do him a lot of good. The Crimean has a wonderfully mild climate and Yalta being close by, he could get us valuable information about that conference.

I wont be with you late tonight, those long hours in the Montgolfière are very tiring and so I really just stopped by to see if the animals were safe and sound. So my dear friends I bid you all a good night and hopefully I can give you some information on my travel plans.

Tata

In reply toRe: msg 48

Dinner Menu

Herb crusted rack of lamb

Rosemary potatoes 

Stringbeans with garlic butter sauce

Note Sauce served on the side

Ceaser salad

Your choice of drink

Mixed Berry Pie for dessert.

I got to work chopping, mixing, stirring, marinating, etc to be ready on time to serve. Put condiments on tables, Mint jelly, Dijon mustard and mini warmers with the Garlic butter sauce.

Make sure the drink bars are each set up. All set, now I just need those finishing touches. Dinner is ready to be served folks.

Before everyone starts to arrive, I make up a tray for Sebastien and Charlie including a menu note and pop over to give it to them. Sebastien is awake and looks better when I arrive. “Hi to both of you. I brought you dinner, hope you like it.”

”Thank you,” they both say. Charlie takes the tray to the kitchen so they can eat in there.

”You are welcome. Sebastien, you are looking better, how are you feeling?” I ask as we follow her in there.

”Physically better, thank you and thank you for all of the meals and setting me on a better path.”

”No Thanks necessary, you take care of us so we should take care of you. I just hope you like my cooking. I need to get back to serve dinner. Enjoy, both of you.”

”We will,” Charlie says just before I pop back to the kitchen. A bowl of dog food and 1 of water for Buddy and now I am free to serve.