Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Ready for The Special Room (latest)   Oh the Absurdity!

Started 4/18/18 by PTG (anotherPTG); 245491 views.
Randytb

Dec-24

A knock on door stops my wrapping Pups Gift,,

Thank you my  good man as I see it is from The Tailor and his wife.

He bids me a Merry Christmas and returns to the Tailor Shop.

And a Merry Christmas to you .

I open the bag and with draw the item .

I gasp OMG what a thing of beauty and a work of art.

I check it over front to back on the sides inside out.. it is perfect from the size to the shape to the color.

I hide it under my coat and head to the critters enclosure to show Charlie.

She is just finished getting the critters feed and watered and ready to sleep.

I show Charlie our gift to Angel and it is the first time I have seen Charlie truly smile her whole face is lite up.

Well Cap I think we did it and it is perfect 100% better then I thought it would be.

Well it was your great idea now lets wrap it and I will leave it here until I come later to put it under the Tree.

No problem Cap I will keep it safe see you later.

I return to my wrapping .. man I have a lot to do it guess I will be burning the Midnight oil.

• Edited December 24, 2019 2:07 pm  by  Randytb
Randytb

Dec-24

It is well past Midnight when I finish wrapping the last gift and signing the last card.

Whew finally done now to double check ,,,

I start with the cards and stockings for our extended family ,,, knowing The Fire Place is not big enough to hold all the cards and stockings I had Butch cut me a nice tree so I can hang the cards stockings etc.

Okay I start my check... Opel check

Miss Katt check

Charlie  check

Roo Roo  check

PTG  check

Pup check

Angel check

Salty check

My boys check check check and check....

On to Smoke, and family check

Frost check Snow check

Last but not least a whole box full of toys and treats for the Canines and the same for the cats.

Include are for the feathered critters

Sugar and Spice check

And our two newest pets are checked/

I call via my Amulet for my boys to come help me take the gifts to The Tea Room and set the gifts under the tree and to hang the cards and stockings on the mantel and the smaller tree.

I am dead beat but so happy everything is done.

I grab my Special Honey Rum from its hiding spot and pour out 5 glasses.

A toast my friends an other year together and still going strong.

Merry Christmas Eve boys and many more to come

CHEERS

• Edited December 24, 2019 2:31 pm  by  Randytb

THE CAP CAME RUSHING IN WITH ANGEL'S GIFT,  IT IS SO PERFECT.  SAYING HE WILL COLLECT IT LATER I LOOK IT OVER,  YES INDEED PERFECT.  I WRAP IT AND NOW FOR PUP,  NEEDLES I THINK THE WHITE WOOL,  YOU KNOW WHAT I WANT IT MUST KEEP HER WARM ON HER WAY TO SEE THE QUEEN AND THEN PERN.  I FIGURE THEY WILL LEAVE SOON AFTER CHRISTMAS.  

FINN YOU AND YOURS NEED NOT SHOW TOMORROW IT IS OUR CHRISTMAS,  NOT SURE YOU HAVE THE HOLIDAY BUT IT IS A DAY OF FEASTING AND GIVING GIFTS.  I HAD FOUND A FEW THINGS I HAD THOUGHT THEY MIGHT FIND SOME USE FOR AS I MADE MY WAY AROUND THE CASTLE, THE TOWN, CLOUD CITY, THE HARBOR, ATLANTIS, AND EVEN THE DARK TOWER.  I HAD MADE A LARGE PACKAGE OF THEM.   NOW SHOW ME THE YARN YOU WISH TO TAKE TO YOUR VILLAGE AND I WILL CARRY IT FOR YOU.   I SAT MY BAG DOWN PUT THE LARGE BUNDLE IN IT AND STARTED ADDING THE BALLS OF YARN,  ARE YOU SURE YOU DO NOT WANT MORE.  CHILDREN ARE HARD ON THEIR CLOTHES AND LOOSE CAPS AND MITTEN A LOT.  REMEMBERING MY OWN 2 WHEN THEY WERE SMALL.   FINN AND HIS MEN ADDED A FEW MORE.  THEN I REACHED DOWN AND GATHERED UP ABOUT 30 OF THE GREEN, AND HALF AS MANY OF THE RED AND A FEW MORE WHITE.  KNOWING GREEN WAS THE BEST COLOR FOR THEM TO BLEND IN THE FOREST WHERE THEY LIVED.  THE WOMEN LIKED A BIT OF COLOR SO THE RED.  AND WHITE CAN ALWAYS BE DYED ANY COLOR THEY MIGHT CHOOSE.

I LOOKED AT FINN,  WOULD YOU ALL LIKE A RIDE HOME IT WOULD BE QUICKER,  I AM SURE YOU WOULD LIKE TO SHOW OFF WHAT YOU ARE BRINGING AND GET IT STORED AWAY.   THEY ALL PILED INTO MY BAG EXCEPT FINN.  I SAT HIM ON MY SHOULDER SO HE COULD SHOW ME THE WAY.  I HAD NEVER BEEN TO THEIR NEW HOME.  IT WAS THEIRS AND I DID NOT WANT TO INTRUDE.  SUGAR AND SPICE HAD REPORTED TO ME THAT THEY HAD BUILD A VERY NICE NEW HOME.  THEY SEEMED HAPPY, AND WERE PROSPERING I STOPPED BY THE KITCHEN TO ASK OPAL FOR ENOUGH ALE FOR THE WHOLE ELF VILLAGE TO SHARE FOR TOMORROWS FEAST AND SHE ADDED SOME MEAT AND VEGGIES, WITH A FEW FEW SWEETS.  THIS SHOULD GIVE THEM A NICE FEAST.  I TOOK THE BASKET FROM OPAL AND EXPLAINED CHRISTMAS TO FINN AS WE MADE OUR WAY TO HIS VILLAGE.   NOT SURE HOW MUCH OF IT HE UNDERSTOOD.  BUT THAT THERE SHOULD BE A FEAST TOMORROW AND THAT HE WAS BRINGING IT, THAT HE UNDERSTOOD.   NOW FINN THAT PACKAGE I PUT IN MY BAG CONTAINS THINGS FOR EVERYONE.  THERE IS MORE THAN ENOUGH.  I KNOW YOU SHARE SO NO NEED TO SAY WHO GETS WHAT JUST LET THEM CHOOSE  AND STORE WHAT DOES NOT GET CHOSEN.  I AM SURE SOMEONE WILL THINK OF USES FOR THE REST.   AND ANYTHING YOU NEED MORE OF TELL ME.  I DO HAVE ERRANDS ALL OVER AND CAN GET MORE.   YOU NEED COAL FOR YOUR SMITHY,  OF COURSE I WILL GET SOME THE NEXT TIME I AM IN CLOUD CITY.   I DID INCLUDE SOME BENT NAILS FIGURING THEY COULD BE REWORKED FOR YOUR PURPOSES. 

WE REACHED THE EDGE OF THE VILLAGE I SAT FINN DOWN OPENED THE BAG TO LET THE REST OUT SO THEY COULD MARCH INTO THE VILLAGE AS THE PROUD GROUP OF ELVES THEY WERE.  THEN I BENT DOWN AND STARTED UNLOADING THEIR YARN, THE WOMEN SEEMED DELIGHTED.  THEN I SAT THE BUNDLE IN THE CENTER OF THE VILLAGE MAKING SURE NO ONE WAS UNDER IT.   THEY STARTED TO RUSH TO IT BUT FINN EXPLAINED THAT IT WAS FOR TOMORROW, AFTER A FEAST. THE WOMEN LOOKED AT EACH OTHER A LITTLE DISAPPOINTED.  THEN HE EXPLAINED THAT THE MAKINGS FOR THE FEAST WAS A GIFT FROM THEIR FRIENDS IN THE TEA ROOM.  THAT CHEERED THEM UP.  I SAT DOWN THE BASKET.  THEY PUT A LADDER TO IT AND STARTED TO DIVIDE IT INTO ELF SIZED BITS AND CARRYING AWAY.  THEY MADE SHORT WORK OF EVERY THING THEN I SAT DOWN  A VERY SMALL BARREL ON IT'S SIDE.  SALTY HAD HAD IT MADE FOR THEM,  HERE IS  ALE FOR THE FEAST.  THEN I NOTICES ANOTHER SMALL BARREL IT SAID PUNCH ON IT.  OPAL MUST HAVE ADDED THAT FOR THE CHILDREN.  NOW I WAS WONDERING HOW MANY OF THOSE SMALL BARRELS SALTY HAD HAD MADE.  AT WHAT COST.  OH! WELL I WOULD PAY.  I HAD BEEN GATHERING QUITE A FEW COINS FROM PLAYING THE GAME.  THEY ROLLED THE BARRELS AWAY.  I GATHERED UP THE BASKET AND MY BAG AND BID THEM FAREWELL.  OH, PLEASE RETURN THE DAY AFTER THE FEAST IF YOU CAN.  WE DON'T WANT TO GET BURIED UNDER FLYING OBJECTS.   

I HAD GIVEN DINKY AND SMIDGE THEIR PRESENTS AND ASKED IF THEY WERE JOINING US FOR THE FEASTING OR GOING TO SEE THEIR FAMILIES.  THEY SHRUGGED.  WELL YOU ARE WELCOME TO JOIN US.

THEN I WAITED FOR THE CAP TO GET ANGEL'S GIFT ALL WRAPPED AND READY FOR HIM TO SIGN THE CARD, I HAD ALREADY DONE SO.  I PUT ROO'S GIFT CAREFULLY IN MY BAG, THEN THE PACKAGES FOR KATT, OPAL, THE CAP, PTG,  GIFTS IN THEN I WENT TO WHERE MY MAGIC NEEDLES WERE SITTING IDLE.  THERE WAS THE PRETTIEST SOFT WHITE SWEATER THERE WAS ALSO A BONNET THAT FASTENED UNDER THE CHIN TO KEEP HER HEAD WARM WHEN ADRAGON BACK.  I GATHERED THEM TO WRAP WHEN I SAW SOMETHING ELSE.  THERE WAS ALSO A NECK SCARF.  THE NEEDLE HAD DONE MORE THAN I HAD ASKED.  BUT IT WAS PERFECT.   CAN'T HAVE THE GIRL CATCHING COLD WHEN SHE HAS TO PRESENT HERSELF TO SUCH IMPORTANT BEINGS.   I WRAPPED IT AND PUT IT IN THE BAG.  

OPENED MY AMULET TO THE CAP.  ANGEL'S GIFT IS ON THE YARN BIN BY MY CHAIR WRAPPED AND THE CARD ONLY NEEDS YOU TO SIGN IT.   HOPE HE GOT THAT.  AND OFF I WENT TO PUT MY GIFTS UNDER THE TREE.  IT WAS GETTING LATE AND I NEEDED TO GET SOME SLEEP BEFORE IT WAS MORNING.

PTG (anotherPTG)

Dec-25

Well it is that Special Day come around again!

Pressies Day for my Friends

Being the Keeper of the MC Repository I have the pick of the stock to send gifts to them.

So this year I have chosen from my Special Event Room for each of them.

Cap’n Bob, Angel and Charlie are easy as they all live in that frozen ‘half the year round’ (?)paradise called the U.S. of A. The lovely soft warm mittens.

For my old and absent Friend Grim – a sacksful of carrots.

Miss Katz, Mrs Fletcher and Opel sprinklings of angel dust to make their cakes even more wonderful.

Pup the toy horse so she can tuck this in with her when she sleeps and dreams of battles ahead!

And my old Friend Jenifer a snowflake!

But this is a magical snowflake. Not only does it change its shape every time it is used - but it NEVER melts. The perfect bauble for her couture!

I think that I have remembered everyone. My broom will tell me if I have not as it has to deliver all of these!

So A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL!

SharpEye1

Dec-25

Yes, it's been another wonderful year and I've gathered, wrapped, and put all my gifts under the tree.

For Cap, a snow globe with a teddy bear inside

Charlie, a new pair of wellies for mucking (easy to hose clean) 

Roo Roo, a wooden travelling box with a bunch of holes inside (for carrying her potions & kaboom stuff, so there's no accidental kabooms) LOL  

PTG, a nice wooden case of exotic teas to enjoy when he can't get to his Hong Cha

Miss Katt, Opel and symbolically for Mrs. Fletcher (put on her chair in the kitchen in remembrance), new aprons to protect them while cooking up our favorite meals and desserts

Pup, I found a most beautiful sheath that will fit her training sword perfectly!  I'm sure she'll want to mount it for display in her room like a trophy for her accomplishments as, once she returns from Pern, I'm sure she'll surely get a new Warrior sword and sheath for using in the battles to come.

For my dear friend also (but absent) Grim, an "ugly Xmas" sweater decorated with a computer and monitor that lights up with Xmas lights! LOL

And, my other absent, but dear friend, Jenifer, a crystal pin (red and yellow) in the shape of a stick of dynamite, in remembrance of the good ole days!

MERRY CHRISTMAS ONE AND ALL!

THANKS FOR THE MITTENS PTG,  THEY ARE NICE,  HERE IS YOUR GIFT, 

I KNOW YOU ARE THINKING OF GOING NORTH TO THE FROZEN AREA OF OUR REALM. I THOUGH YOU MIGHT NEED A WARM PURE WHITE SWEATER.  PLEASE TAKE BETTER CARE OF THIS ONE.  YES, I KNOW IT WAS NOT YOUR FAULT THAT THE LAST ONE GOT DESTROYED WHEN YOU ENDED UP IN THE FROZEN NO MAN'S LAND. AND YOU WERE ALMOST LOST TO US.  I ALSO MADE A WARM WOOLEN POUCH FOR YOUR BROOM.   WHO KNOWS HOW COLD IT WILL BE IN THE NORTH.   

I GAVE MISS KATT AND OPAL NEW CHRISTMAS APRONS I HAD USED SOME OF THE TREES, STOCKINGS, AND SNOWMEN THAT THE PETS HAD BROUGHT IN  AND SHAWLS,

HAD CAP'S  ARMY GREEN SWEATER UNDER THE TREE WAITING FOR HIM TO SHOW,  SO NOW HE WOULD HAVE  TWO ONE TO WEAR AND ONE TO HAVE CLEANED.  

TO ROO I GAVE THE THE PACKAGE WITH THE POTIONS. I WATCH AS SHE OPENS THE PACKAGE,  THEN SHE SEES IT IS A BUNCH OF SMALL BOTTLES,  SHE PICKS THEM UP ONE AT A TIME AND READS THE LABEL,  THERE WERE 2 PETRIFICATION POTIONS TWO DROPS IN A DRINK WILL TURN THE DRINKER TO STONE FOR 2 HOURS. 

1 SICKENING SMELL,  IT WILL MAKE ANYONE OR THING SMELLING IT INSTANTLY ILL, NO LASTING EFFECTS. 

3 PERFECT DEFENSE, ONE SPRAY ON AND ENEMY THEY WILL FORGET TO ATTACK. 

2 BREATHING BUBBLES,  USE IF DROWNING. OR AIR TO THIN. 

2 COUNTER CURSE POTION, TO TURN THE CURSE BACK ON THE SENDER. 

1 DISPLACEMENT DAZZLE, SPRAY AND YOU WILL APPEAR TO HAVE MOVED. 

1 DREAM DROPS, TWO DROPS IN ANY DRINK PUTS ANYTHING TO SLEEP.  1NIGHT VISION,  TWO DROPS AND YOU CAN SEE IN THE DARK. 

1 FIRE POWDER,  TO START FIRES, ANYWHERE.  ADD TO ANYTHING THAT WILL BURN.  USE SPARINGLY. 

2 THIRST REMEDY,  USE IF STRANDED WITHOUT DRINK.   ONE TO TWO DROPS ONLY.   

I HAD ADDED A NOTE TO ROO THIS ONE IS FOR YOU TO HAVE SOME FUN WITH.  PLEASE USE THIS ONE SPARINGLY.   I HAD WRAPPED THE NOTE AROUND THE LAST BOTTLE  GIGGLE DROPS.   ADD TO DRINK OR SPRAY ON FOE.   

ROO LOOKED VERY PLEASED WITH HER GIFT.   AND THANKED ME OVER AND OVER.  I WHISPERED TO HER AS SHE HUGGED ME.  PLEASE BE CAREFUL WITH THOSE AND HIDE THEM WELL.   

FOR PUP A WARM THICK SWEATER AND A WOOL HAT THAT NOT ONLY COVERED HER HEAD BUT HER EARS AND TIED UNDER HER CHIN SO AS NOT TO LOSE IT ON THE LONG TRIPS A DRAGON BACK.  IT CAN GET COLD UP HIGH IN THE AIR.

NOW WHEN THE CAP SHOWED WE COULD GIVE ANGEL HERS.  I COULD HARDLY WAIT.  

Randytb

Dec-25

As we gathered around the Huge Tree my heart overflowing with love and joy for my group of slightly bent inmate of This Our Special Area of The Midnight Castle and our Special Room.

It was now my turn to hand out my Gifts.

To PTG I gave a Rare set of ancient books that have the power to be what ever he wanted to read.

To Roo I gave her a Magic Wand with instructions on how to use it.

To Miss Katt a new cooks hat with Kiss The Cook on the brim and a set of oven gloves. pot holders and a fancy apron.

To our darling Opel,, I gave her a specially made complete cook ware set and a brand new set of knives

To our dear Mrs. Fletcher I hung on her favorite chair a shawl with a heart saying always in ours

To my Pup I had made of gold an arm band with a Dragon carved in it.

To Charlie I had made a brand new set of overalls with multi patches and a new shirt and dungarees with patches of all the critters.

To Salty I found on the Northern Island a bottle of  Viking Ale

Under the tree where two gifts one to our absent Grimm * a remote control that would work on any thing even a micro wave ,,,, and for our head blower upper Jenifer a dozen TNT sticks that is set off would fill the room /sky with confetti.

That left our Angel   I called her yo join Charlie and I at the tree.

She did so with a *** what are up to look on her face****

Both Charlie handed her her gift and waited for her to open it.

Go ahead it will not bite I said ,,,

Unwrapped Angel found a beautifully made case ,,, it was made from deer hide beautifully dyed to a soft fawn,,, it had pockets all over the font and inside  with dividers for papers ,,,  a place for her camera and film and straps on the outside for over the shoulder and one inside to hand carry,,, the final touch was a side sheath that held a small stiletto 

I raised my glass ** To another year with all of us together ***

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL

• Edited December 25, 2019 4:28 pm  by  Randytb
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Dec-26

SharpEye1 said:

And, my other absent, but dear friend, Jenifer, a crystal pin (red and yellow) in the shape of a stick of dynamite, in remembrance of the good ole days!

From somewhere deep in a dimensional rift a voice is heard...

"Aw shucks!  Hey, what does this top pin do-"

BOOOM!

PTG (anotherPTG)

Dec-26

Opening my gifts, I am amazed at the wealth of goodies I have been given. Such a lot of thought has gone into them.

The books that the Cap’n has given me look interesting and I will read through them later to see what they contain.

But now it is party time with feasting and dancing around our Xmas tree.

Dish after delicious dish of food appear as if mt magic from the kitchen, served by our kitchen team with beaming smiles and pristine clothes, that shed no dirt.

They are also so happy that all the washing up of dirty post and pans are being done automatically as well.

There is a warm friendly glow around the Tea Room of the kind that it has not experienced for quite a while now.

Our troubles with the evils all about us have, for a time being, been put to one side

I sip my hong cha and subconsciously my fingers edge to the plate with the sweetmeats on it!

I am just about to take one when my broom admonishes me!

“If you eat that you will be too fat to enter the tunnels tomorrow!”

As I have no intention of entering any tunnels in the immediate future, I am somewhat bemused!

“You need to read the thin red book that the Cap’n has just given you.

“All will be revealed when you read it!”

Grumbling as today is supposed to be a Festive Day, I rummage through the pile of ancient texts until I find a thin scruffy notebook

On its covers are tiny drawings of rabbits!

Can this be one of Grim’s secret notebooks?!

At this moment my inner psyche receives a jolt!

I am shaken to the core!

I look around me but all here is peaceful and still festive.

Even Charlie seems relaxed and happy so that excludes all troubles with our animals.

What on earth was it?