Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

RECOMMENDED STAY OUT OF GAME--RESOLVED   Technical Issues

Started Nov-16 by AEGram; 14180 views.
AEGram

Nov-16

The moderator of BF Official Facebook site posted the following earlier tonight:

??Attention Please ??
UPDATE:  This is a reminder, PLEASE, on PC, stay out of your game until we announce this download issue is fixed!  It is making some games crash and start over at the beginning.  
BigFish is aware of the issues with the repeating download and/or the inability to complete the download of the mini update.  They are working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible.   
For those having the issue, you might want to stay out of your game until there is a fix, ESPECIALLY if you play on PC!   
Some PC games have started over during the download.  (This has been an ongoing issue for a couple of years, but this mini update has made it start happening more frequently again).

The repeated download that sometimes/frequently doesn't continue is happening on all formats. 

Msg 5735.2 deleted

Just posted on another thread that so far I have had no problems since the update.  Have played over an hour so far today Friday for me

WYOMARE

Nov-16

Hi Trixie Belle   I had noticed in my game a couple days ago that the "tsk" cat figurine issue was somehow corrected in my game but I never noticed any "download". I had been playing as usual until last night ,,things were just fine then this morning I came to the forum to play "change a letter" game and noticed people saying they were having these download issues and to stay out of the game. So I am wondering if that means everyone or just the people that have had the issue a couple days ago, I did not take the chance of going in the game today,, not knowing for sure if I should. As I said , my game  was working just fine last night and the 'tsk " cat figurine  did not say "tsk" anymore ,,,,any ideas on that ? Mare ,,   Thanks for any input you may haveblush

AEGram

Nov-16

WYOMARE said:

Where should I check to find out if game issue resolve is completed,,, I am not on facebook.   

I'm frequently checking the BF  moderator's fan forum to check for updated info. 

I was just there and several people have reported having issues when before they had not been. Apparently, the issue started for those in the Eastern and Central  time zones. Yesterday, it had migrated to include those in Mountain Standard and Pacific Standard.

It isn't affecting all players, but the number is growing. I haven't been able to get my iPad game to load since about 9:00 pm CST last night. I'm not even trying on PC games.

CC to WYOMARE

I was just in my PC game, no issues and haven't had any. The update loaded quickly for me when I got home from work the night the "fix update" was issued and have experienced any since. Sorry to all those who are having issues.

Msg 5735.7 deleted
AEGram

Nov-16

WYOMARE said:

does that apply to me too since the cat statue has been repaired or do you also suggest I stay out till further notice, ???  Thank you SO much for any input,,, Mare . 

The first day the download was issued, it played just fine on my iPad. The cat figurine had been renamed and the blank inventory item was removed from my event inventory. I played for the remainder of the day. At new day roll, the download presented again (about every hour) and I was able to get it to run.

Last night, the download popped up and stayed stuck on the first download of 2. Sometimes it says 0 progress; sometimes it opens with 1/2 at 50% progress. But it never goes beyond that. I haven't been able to get the game to open all day today.

So, bottom line is to continue playing at your own risk. Not all players are experiencing the issue. However, the amount of people being affected is growing. Per the BF moderator, players in the EST and CST zones were affected first. Yesterday evening is spread to those in MST and PST time zones. 

Several PC players have reported losing their games back to Level 1 because of this issue. So, if you continue to play it's at your own risk because there ARE KNOWN GAME ISSUES ongoing.

Msg 5735.9 deleted
AEGram

Nov-16

Tammy27 (DoubleMsMom) said:

I was just in my PC game, no issues and haven't had any. The update loaded quickly for me when I got home from work the night the "fix update" was issued and have experienced any since. Sorry to all those who are having issues.

Apparently, it's spreading. (An uneducated guess would be that there's a server with issues that has been replicating to the other servers and then those others replicating to more.) 

The issue started for players in the EST and CST time zones. Yesterday, it had migrated to MST and PST time zones. SOME PC players have reported losing their games back to Level 1 during this debacle. 

The BF Facebook moderator has recommended for PC players especially to stay out of the game until this is resolved. 

Just saying.......you may not ever have an issue if you continue to play....or you might. It's a gamble that I'm not willing to take on PC.

................I haven't been able to get into my iPad game since late last night. Prior to it getting stuck as it is, the download had gone through smoothly the first time. It then presented a couple more times before the end of my calendar day. 

Each day, the message presented more frequently and last night it shows the same message each time I launch the game. Rebooting the iPad and clearing cookies/history hasn't resolved the issue.