Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Another strategy for 50 item ZZ CC   Seasonal Events, CCs and Updates

Started Nov-27 by WasCin; 563 views.
WasCin

Nov-27

It seems odd to me that I find myself with this thought after the topic I posted saying I was foregoing the remainder of the challenge.  However, I have had a slight change of heart due to the responses I received and have just a short time ago got an idea that might work in achieving the "use 50 items in Zoom Zones." 

For those who have the "Destiny Key" side quests available to them now (I do), you can open all the character's who have ZZ quests to fill.  By doing so, you can find all the items you need to fill the quests before and during the challenge and keep diamond use to a minimum or not at all.  It is about 95+% likely you will receive the items you need by fulfilling a quest rather than trying to randomly receive a needed item by just going to the location where they will be found.  Also, you can use the no sleep cooldown amulet if needed.  Just DON'T fulfill the quest until after the CC becomes active. 

Anyway, that was the lightbulb moment I had while chasing ghosts for the Daily Quests to get items I can only get from them or from the kindness of friends!!  Good luck to all!  winkthumbsup

• Edited November 27, 2023 4:51 pm  by  WasCin
In reply toRe: msg 1
AEGram

Nov-27

WasCin said:

For those who have the "Destiny Key" side quests available to them now (I do), you can open all the character's who have ZZ quests to fill.  By doing so, you can find all the items you need to fill the quests before and during the challenge and keep diamond use to a minimum or not at all.

An excellent idea!!!!!!

In reply toRe: msg 1
WeeSam (WeesamNZ)

Nov-27

Coming up with strategy's on how best to do the CC's is what makes them enjoyable for me. That is an excellent one you have come up with, which didn't occur to me as I never bother with the side quests. 

I'm not finished with the new content yet, I never rush through it but like to use the regular quests to my advantage during a CC, and as it is asking for loads of ZZ's at the moment I will just play the content until I have what I need, or get bored. If I get bored I'm loaded up with various 3-item or 4-item ZZ's to finish the 50 off.

As someone said in the last thread, from day 1 of a CC, always look ahead to what is coming and start strategising the best way to get there while you have time. If you strategised well, you will find that the CC's do not need to be a complete waste of resources, but can sometimes be made to work in your favour.

In reply toRe: msg 3
WasCin

Nov-27

Hurrah!!!  I did it, I completed the 50 items in ZZs in about 15 minutes and didn't spend a single diamond, only used a few items from inventory, and I didn't need to use the cooldown amulet, which was an added bonus!  relaxed thumbsupthumbsup

Thank you for the "Excellent idea!"  I have to admit I was kind of proud of myself for that idea.  Funny how it popped into my head! wink

• Edited November 27, 2023 7:46 pm  by  WasCin
In reply toRe: msg 4
WeeSam (WeesamNZ)

Nov-27

Well done! Glad you have found the fun again!

I haven't even started it yet as I am still at work for another couple of hours.

WasCin

Nov-27

I hadn't been doing them either as I now have all four of the pets and given the information from AEGram and others about the cost of pet food through the chest, there is no reason to continue doing the side quests, at least until we're  given one to do so.  It was just that they became available again on the level I am playing and while moving around  the different places looking for ghosts, I clicked on one to see what was wanted and it popped into my head it would be a good way to get the items needed for ZZs and tra-la-tra-la, it worked! wink

In reply toRe: msg 6

I had a lot of items "on hold" for the 50 items in ZZ challenge.  I did several of the current content quests and did most of the 50 that way.  I also used some of the items I had been building up for the last several quests.  That way I knocked over the Challenge, several content quests and Trina as well.

I do the "Destiny Key" quests when I have finished the content as it has been posted that the Destiny Keys can be converted to shards for Trina Quests.

I try to work Trina, DQ's and Destiny Key quests together.  Sometimes it works, sometimes not.  Maybe one day I will clear the DQ and Trina achievements, maybe not.