Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

FRIENDS OF RANDY   Friends

Started Nov-28 by SharpEye1; 3131 views.
SharpEye1

Nov-28

I am so sorry but, it is with a very heavy heart that I have to let you know our beloved Cap Randy passed away Sunday night in the hospital.  He'd been battling major vascular leg weeping and there was an infection from black mold, discovered at his house.  The city condemned the house and he and Donna had just moved to a senior living community a couple of weeks ago when he went back in the hospital.  He was working on suing the landlord but, now I don't know if Donna will be able to pursue it.  Right now, she's just too devastated to think about anything but the loss of her brother.

If you'd like to send condolences, I just happened to get her mailing address the other day:

Villa Notre-Dame

Donna Harris

30 Laurier Street, #253

Ste-Agathe-Des-Monts

Quebec, Canada

J8C1R4

Please keep Donna in your prayers!

Ada

• Edited November 28, 2023 10:04 pm  by  SharpEye1

Ada, Thank you for letting us know.  I feel devastated to hear this.  I have fond memories of the time you and I and Rosie spent time with Randy in Donna back in 2018.   Please pass my condolences on to Donna.  It will take some time for written card to reach Donna from here.

mdpetdoc

Nov-28

I'm very sorry to hear this. I know you were close friends. I'll pray for Donna. 

SharpEye1

Nov-28

Hi Sue, thank you for letting Rosie know.  I did get a PM from her.  Yes, that was a great time we had!  I remember that wonderful Roast meal Randy made for us to this day.  A great memory.  I'm so glad we have those photos of us all together!  I really treasure that!  Take care, Ada

I'm sitting here just crying my eyeballs out.  I can't begin to imagine never hearing from Randy again.  This hurts real bad.  Ada, my thoughts and prayers go out to Donna, to you and to all of Randy's friends from the old forum and Delphi.  I can't imagine never reading another Randy story, in all its uniqueness.  God Bless You, Randy.  May You Rest in Peace.  You will never be forgotten. sob

SharpEye1

Nov-28

Thank you, Libby--It's so surreal and devastating.  I too am just heartbroken over it.  Ada broken_heart

AEGram

Nov-28

The loquacious one is speechless; words fail me. 

Over the years, Randy has had numerous health issues. But he always managed to work around, deal with, or overcome. Then he'd come post in that unique, witty way of his, that he appreciated everyone thinking about him and wishing him well.

So....Randy.....here's hoping you're continuing to "give 'em what for" where ever you are!

Meanwhile, we'll miss you here beyond words. I hope Donna has someone near her who can offer her some support and care. 

In reply toRe: msg 7
SharpEye1

Nov-28

AEGram--I just sent you a PM.  Ada

katiek2

Nov-29

This is really rough news.  Randy was special - the entire Special Room team is special, but Randy was the leader, the storyteller, the wit and humor behind the team.  I never met him, didn't correspond with him, but feel as though I've lost a friend.  I can't imagine how devastated his sister and friends are.

My very sincere condolences to his sister, and to all of his special friends here.   I've used the word "special" a lot here, but that describes him and all of those here close to him.  

I'm so sorry, 

katiek

SharpEye1

Nov-29

All so true!  Thank you, Katiek!!

FYI--Anyone planning to send a card, please re-check and use the address as it is now in my first post because I had to fix a couple typos.