Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Song Title Chain Game   Fun and Games

Started 11/10/18 by mdpetdoc; 660635 views.
PTG (anotherPTG)

12/27/19

Dream Wife - Somebody

Dhyani (Dhyaniland)

12/27/19

PTG (anotherPTG) said:

Frau und Mann - Lindemann

=================================

Hmmm . . .

The words frau and mann can also mean woman and man. And Mrs. and Mr., right?  Probably other meanings as well.  So, I would think it's best to not jump languages UNLESS the word is spelled the SAME.

There's a Rule about words spelled the same with different meanings being allowed, but not same meaning, spelled differently.  

So going from Frau to Wife seems a bit of a stretch to me.

Here's a discussion of that song, and the ins & outs of the translation:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Lindemann/comments/e0r8k9/frau_und_mann_english_translation/

I should have CC'd mdpetdoc but hit Send by mistake.  Darn it!!!  Sent a PM for clarification.

CC to LvlSlgr
LvlSlgr

12/27/19

Okay ... I said "we'd find out". So who's got a song with the German words from "Frau und Mann"? When that's posted I'll gladly delete my entry.

Dhyani (Dhyaniland)

12/27/19

In advance of posting in the first place, I search to see if my post will dead end the game. 

I've been searching for songs with Frau or Mann, and am coming up empty.

A more simple solution might be for PTG to find a song that bridges my post (A Cow and a Plow and a Frau) to your post (My Woman My Woman My Wife) . . . and simply replace Frau und Mann with that bridge song.

WOOHOO, PTG, I did find a bridge song for you to use to Edit Frau und Man!!!   Sent you the song in a PM.

PTG (anotherPTG)

12/27/19

I give up!

I am going back and my new song is

Can't you hear the cows? - the Turltles

Dhyani (Dhyaniland)

12/27/19

Um . . NOOOOO . . . I did NOT post Did You Feed My Cow?  It was a suggestion for you to unkill the thread by using it to EDIT your Frau und Mann post.  

So, you've essentially posted twice in a row, making Can't you hear the cows? invalid . . . and LvlSlgr's post going from Frau to Wife still may violate the Rules.  We don't have clarification of that meaning vs. spelling thing, but I'm pretty sure it's the spelling that we're going for. 

Otherwise, if it's the meaning, one could argue going from Jail to Prison to Pokey or Hoosegow would be OK.  Do I make my point?

Don't give up, PTG.  Why not just Edit Frau und Mann?

P1tbull

12/27/19

Just a suggestion but to carry on from Frau und Mann, the next one could be Die Frau ohne Schatten - Richard Strauss because we could work with "die."

mdpetdoc

12/27/19

It is the spelling of the word that is important and not the meaning. 

Title Theme (From Die Dressierte Frau) - Gert Wilden and Orchestra

We can now continue from PTG's post.

Dhyani (Dhyaniland)

12/27/19

OH that's GOOOOOD.  Maybe you could PM that to LvlSlgr?

Then I think we would be on track . . . or verrry close to being on track.

I'm up to my kazoo with Dad, for the past week, he walks 20ft and nearly blacks out, so I frantically on the phone with doctors and trying to pad the sharp corners all around the house.  Of course this happens over the Christmas/New Year week when his Docs are on vacation.  

Soonest I can get him in is January 10.

LvlSlgr

12/27/19

Okay ... I just deleted "My Woman, My Woman, My Wife". Now you figure out what the heck you want to do working off of PTG's "Frau und Mann".