Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Midnight Castle Dialog   Tips, Tricks, Guides and Advice

Started 4/22/18 by whitebutterfly54 (redbutter54); 55917 views.
In reply toRe: msg 249

To appease the gods, the ability to uncover secrets and solve mysteries must be proven.  “Birds are singing happily in the forests, and the breeze is blowing gently.  The gods need to see our crafting skills.  We should show the finest works of our blacksmiths, leatherworkers, and jewelers.”  Preparations are in full swing when “the clouds broke, and the sun spread its rays over the snows of the North.  This is a promising sign.”

LEVEL 101

“Our best cooks are making our finest and most famous dishes.  We’ll place the tables in the main square and feast to show our love for this land.”  All this preparation is actually an appeal to the gods, so it’s important to be heard.  “Can you feel it?  The gods are satisfied.  The sun will protect us during the day, and the moon will at night.  The Lord of Darkness has no power here.”

The Ruler of the Islands considers you a true friend, “Win or lose, the Lord of Darkness will change our world forever.  I hope it’s for the better.  I’m ready to sacrifice everything to keep my people safe.  I hope to see you again someday.”

The Guardian Titan readies his special weapon, “There’s nothing like a solid crossbow that’s powerful enough to pierce stone!  I tested the magical crossbow.  It’s sure to deal with the Golem.”  The Guardian Titan believes in your success and hands over the Dragon Fire Orb.

Nala, former apprentice to the High Mage of Frost, stands in the Old Tavern with her cat named Cauldron.  “I’ll admit it’s a strange name.  I named him when I was little, and we’ve been together ever since.”  Nala enjoys your company and thinks you seem trustworthy, so she decides to share her story.  “I became a mage’s apprentice to be strong and independent.  See, I’ve always been a little clumsy, and I thought an apprenticeship would help me.  While the other apprentices succeeded, I struggled to keep up until I started to feel out of place.  That’s when I really messed up.”

Poor Nala made a huge miscalculation, “I wanted to prove to myself, my teacher, and the other apprentices that I was worth something, so I stole my teacher’s book for a certain spell.  The spell was powerful – too powerful for someone at my level.  I was overconfident.  The spell was supposed to summon a monster from the Dark Side, but I messed up and got teleported here instead.  The worst part is that my body and spirit are bound to this place.  I can’t leave, no matter what I do.”

In reply toRe: msg 250

But Nala managed to find a silver lining amidst all the bad, “It’s easier to learn magic here.  Magical energy is everywhere.  It even reveals its secrets to me.  In fact, I might know a secret that could help you.”  Nala already knows about the Northern Breath; the parts collected so far have a unique and powerful aura, an aura she’s encountered before.  “The Lord of Darkness spent a long time here looking for a way out.  I did my best to keep out of his sight.  I know that the Lord managed to leave this world.  I’ve watched over things through the magic mirror, and I feel like I should help you.”

Nala learned one of the artifact parts is called the Horns of Half-Moon, which is hidden in some nearby haunted castle ruins.  She has a funny story to tell about the castle, “The castle was empty ruins before I went there to practice a spell.  My spell made the castle more...lively.  It was too easy to cast spells near that castle.  So easy that my spell filled it with ghosts!”  It must have been the Horns of Half-Moon’s influence as a magical amplifier.  Nala immediately understood the connection between the Northern Breath and the secret of that castle.  “I’m ready to visit the castle to get the part you need.  I wonder if the ghosts will know me as their creator.  I hope they’re not mad!”

Nala managed to get the artifact, but she tried a spell to calm the ghosts and ended up with a castle full of rather arrogant cats.  At least she won’t be lonely amidst the furry felines but hopes Cauldron doesn’t get too jealous.  She hands over the Horns of Half-Moon.

Torrum the Weapon Maker appears at Town of Shadows, “The thunder rumbled that someone needs Torrum’s help, but I judge only by actions, not empty words.  My life’s goal is to create a perfectly unique weapon.  So, I study ancient magic and crafting techniques toward that end.”  He insists on testing your skills before talking business and ol’ Torrum is adequately impressed.  He’s aware of your troubles, but has problems of his own. “I came to this grim world for research, but I didn’t have a way back.”  He asks for your help creating a mechanical portal to get back home.  “The portal you used to come here only works for you.”  Torrum says the Sealing Staff, used to seal the portal to the Lord of Darkness and his army, was originally a Dwarven design.  Torrum’s portal will be made of iron, gears, and pipes.

In reply toRe: msg 251

In exchange for help with his portal, Torrum has learned a lot of secrets about this land, and one of them is a mysterious stone.  The Polar Star will light the battlefield, exposing the dark forces while casting no shadows.  Torrum continues working on the portal and trusts you to look for anything unusual and worthy of his attention.  “Cogs and gears!  My most important tool got broke!  Just when my luck was turning!”  Then even worse luck, “Each hour brings a new challenge.  A shadow bat flew by my portal and knocked an important part off.  It’s more fragile than I thought.  Bad luck won’t break my spirit!”  Just another minor setback, fixing the part was easy, but Torrum must double his efforts to make up for lost time.  While work on the portal continues, a visit to Morisa, the Forest Witch might be in order.

Morisa had a sign that guests would be arriving, “A spoon fell from the table in the morning, followed by a fork.”  Morisa knows a lot about the Northern Breath and hopes you’re ready to listen.  “The Northern Breath is an ancient artifact...it was divided into five separate artifacts, and each was hidden in a different place.  It took many talented artisans to create it.  The Northern Breath contains five dangerous artifacts.  The mage who designed it ultimately understood that nobody should possess such a weapon.” 

“The Firestorm Eye was found inside an ice volcano of the North by dwarven miners.  The Firestorm Eye can create a powerful magic aura.  I believe it’s a truly unique artifact.”

In reply toRe: msg 252

“The Dragon Fire Orb is a special vessel created by Uls the Vitreous, an ancient artisan who could turn scraps of glass into masterpieces.  The Dragon Fire Orb was reinforced by dragon fire to withstand any heat and keep it safely inside.”

“A long-forgotten jeweler created the Horns of Half-Moon.  It was his last creation, imbued with his remaining life force as he slipped into the next life.  The Horns of Half-Moon shine even in complete darkness, lighting the way for travelers.”

“The Polar Star is the most mysterious part of the Northern Breath.  No one knows where it comes from.  Those who try to study its history only go mad.”  That’s all Morisa knows about the Polar Star but she believes its full potential has yet to be unlocked.

“The Ice Wings were kept in the royal treasury in the far North until the day the descendants of their creator asked for them back.  The King decided not to fight over the artifact and returned it to the Shadow Elves.  The Elves were pleased.”

Morisa further explains, “The Northern Breath will obey the one who can collect its parts and tame the power roaring inside it.  You have that ability.  You’ll understand what I mean when you take the assembled Northern Breath in your hands.  In the hands of a kind person, the Northern Breath can fight the darkest evil, but in the wrong hands, it will only make the evil worse.”  This is why it was hidden away.  The Northern Breath will become a powerful weapon against the Lord of Darkness.  Morisa believes the Northern Breath can cast the evil Lord so far away, he may never be able to return.

She hopes you learned something new and hopes to see you next time.

Torrum promises the Polar Star is in his secret stash and he’s the only one who has access to it. 

In reply toRe: msg 253

LEVEL 102

With the final part to the portal solving Torrum’s problems, there’s light at the end of the tunnel.  “Bless my bolts!  The portal is almost ready.  I’ll be able to leave this forsaken place soon and return to my own projects.  I just need to place the final components, and I can make the journey home.” 

Torrum hands over the Polar Star, with these parting words, “We work very well together!  I hope we’ll meet again in our world!  Good luck, my friend!  (Torrum, the Weapon Maker disappears from Town of Shadows and reappears in Valley of Fallen Giants, Northern Islands)

Lilith the Huntress is happy to see you again and has news to share.  She and Shadow mean so much to each other, but the Lord of Darkness stands in the way.  Lilith says “Shadow has changed.  He still serves the Lord of Darkness, but he’s secretly helping us from the inside!”  Lilith wants to perform a small elvish ritual to protect Shadow from the Lord’s evil influence.  “The ritual is as old as the Shadow Elves themselves.  It is used to protect families and loved ones.”  According to Lilith, Shadow is the most important thing in the world to her.  “I need to brew a special elvish drink called Heart’s Warmth for the ritual.  Once I drink it, I’ll sing a special song, and the warmth of my love will protect Shadow.  I must remember the ingredients.  I’ve never made it before, but this seems like the right time and for the right person.”  Locating all the ingredients begins, “It’s not hard to find a thistle leaf, and elves all carry the blood of the tree of ancients, but the rest is going to be a challenge.”  

In reply toRe: msg 254

It seems the forest heart flowers try to hide from your gaze.  And the moon tea is made from special moon leaves that must be brewed for many hours under the beams of the in crescent moon.  Next on the list is agate ginger root, a popular potion ingredient available from an herbalist.  Lastly is the usually hard to find red lemon.  “My life-defining tea is brewing.  I’ll drink it and sing the song to put Shadow under the invisible protection of a girl who’s in love with him.”  According to the ritual, Lilith must be alone when she sings her song of love.  “I feel so alive!  It must mean that we succeeded, and Shadow is under the protection of ancient elvish magic.”

Lilith wonders what Shadow is feeling.  It’s still too dangerous for them to communicate so she asks you to visit him.

Shadow senses an aura of elvish magic around him and knows it must be Lilith’s doing.  Shadow is all for taking preemptive steps rather than waiting for the sad consequences in dealing with the Lord of Darkness’s evil plans.  Shadow says the Lord of Darkness is preparing a second wave, “The Lord of Darkness is going to strike again.  He won’t stop until he’s made everyone in this world his faithful shadow servants.  I feel powerful enough to save everyone but powerless to do it.”

Shadow knows the Lord of Darkness is preparing a ritual that will banish the sun from the sky.  “Only moonlight will light your world.”  Shadow intends to help him with the ritual, but will replace certain ingredients, sabotaging him long enough to buy some time.  “The Lord of Darkness is going to notice my trick, but it will be worth it if it gives you enough time to assemble the artifact.”  So far, so good.  Shadow replaced a couple items unnoticed that will create complications for the Lord, but it won’t stop him.  Shadow wants to replace one more thing.  Shadow wants to send a gift to Lilith, a Bracelet of Good Intentions.  He decides to make it himself and chooses the first stone carefully.  “The pink star stone is a symbol of eternal love.  They say it can only be found by those who seek true love.”  Next is a pile of pearls from the depths of the Timeless Sea, but the black market will do just fine.  Shadow finishes the bracelet for Lilith and wants to use the most beautiful and clever bird to send it – the Shadow Harpy.

Lilith couldn’t be happier that everything is going well and Shadow is trying to sabotage the Lord’s plans.  

***Shh...Don’t bother me while I’m on the hunt.  If I need help, I’ll ask.  (End of Update)