Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Rant rant rant (aka the DQ blues)   Howling with the Hostess

Started Feb-5 by Theo (TheoMC); 1304 views.
AEGram

Feb-5

Are you playing on a mobile device? If you are playing on a desktop PC......well, the following will not help you. But, if on laptop, Kindle/Android, or iPad....

Take your device to some other location shortly before the beginning of the new day. Be sure you're logged out of the game when you enter that location. Now, the location, for MC to work, of course must have free Internet connections.......so, travel to a friend's house at least 5 miles from your home. Go to a library with a good enough connection for MC to load.....Starbucks is also a good place.....but, you get the idea.

Connect your device to that new Internet location and open the game shortly before the GMT day roll.....see if you get something different when the DQs change at for the new day.

OR....if that doesn't work.....try the next day, but load into the game AFTER the GMT day roll to see if that causes a "hiccup" in your DQ deliveries.

I found that when I was getting repetitive DQs, if I took my iPad to my daughter's house (23 miles from ours) when we visited each weekend that DQs seemed to load differently. Whether I was connecting to a different MC server, or some other reason.....it seemed to shake up things enough to cause the DQs to be different.

No guarantee that logging into an Internet connection some place other than your house will work, but you have nothing to lose if it stays the same and everything to gain if it changes.

• Edited February 5, 2020 11:35 pm  by  AEGram
In reply toRe: msg 5
Theo (TheoMC)

Feb-5

Thanks AEGram!

I am playing on PC actually (and the new day is at 2am for me wink 5 miles is quite a distance when you are travelling on foot in the middle of the night with a PC on your shoulders! winkwink).

I am sure that information will be useful to other players though! thumbsupthumbsup

mdpetdoc

Feb-5

What's Going On doesn't have any zz to open so you need to look at the others to see what zz inventory items are targeted.

Helping Hand and Inspiration both send you to the Glass Painting which requires the Strangled Ruby and Iridescent Chain to open. The Strangled Ruby comes from the Iron Chest which is why you are sent there. The Iridescent Chime comes from the Doll Showcase which is why you are getting What's Going On. 

When I did puzzles earlier today, I had trouble winning items when the Blood Lotus or Executioner's Badge were among my prize choices which lets me know that Flower of Sufferings would be among the targeted zz for my next batch of DQs. 

Example - list was torch, royal stone, squirrel egg. I received 4 items immediately.

list was murderer's eye, rainbow stone, squirrel egg. I received coins the first time, coins and murderer's eye the second time. 

list was winged amulet, winged guard, squirrel egg. I received 4 items immediately.

list was forged key, blood lotus, squirrel egg. Tried twice and received only coins. Dumped the blood lotus and won't try for it again during this round of puzzles and probably for next 2 days.

list was rune stone, executioner's badge, squirrel egg. I received coins and rune stone.

list was shard of soul, executioner's badge, squirrel egg. I received coins and shard of soul. Dumped executioner's badge.

list was forged key, rainbow stone, squirrel egg. I received all 5 items. 

Since I don't have the Ghostly Chest yet, I can't give you information. Do you have side quests set up to supply specific items such as torches? If so which items are you set up to receive? 

Theo (TheoMC)

Feb-6

Rehi!!

I have to go to work now but I'll get back to you when I come back (or tomorrow!). After I have re-read and understood if I should play Helping Hand or Inspiration later on or disregard them that is wink

Thanks a lot for the time you spend trying to help me out, much appreciated!! heart_eyes

Theo (TheoMC)

Feb-9

So here we go...

On Thursday, I finally decided to play WGO. Had then Helping Hand, that I also played, and then Birth of Goo, Lost Pages and Studying Luck, all played. I forgot to write down what the next one was but I ignored it as it was getting late!

On Friday, WGO again. I didn't play it and had a nice and relaxing day away from my castle! sunflower

Yesterday, got WGO, followed by Special Interest (oh! I was sooooo sure I would get Helping Hand!) and was too late to play ... Helping Hand!

And I am opening my game this morning and of course WGO is here.

So, it's the 14th day, I had WGO 12 times. Whether I play it or not, whether I play the next ones or not, nothing seems to matter. As I don't feel like it today, I won't write to the devs. Lets' see how far this can go! I am getting close to "almost 3 weeks" anyway! wink

Wow, your puzzle boy seems to be nicer than mine, I must have got the evil twin!! He refuses to give me diamonds usually. My average is 1 item per puzzle (I just checked and since I started taking notes, also 14 days ago, I played 276 puzzles and got 279 items, and diamonds 11 times). I am going for small items nowadays and playing cowardly/carefully/wisely (you choose! joy). Last time I tried to get an egg for a friend, I gave up after two weeks of constant losses (and won it on the wheel eventually grinning). I tried to be more aggressive these last few days and asked for bigger items (always different ones) and eggs, I got one winged guard (and hence diamonds once) and that's it. My last 20 puzzles: 40 wrong guesses. Got diamonds once but lost after that. I didn't include these last days in my stats relaxed. I think I got what you meant but don't seem to be successful whatever I try, so I shall go on playing for small items from now on, it is less frustrating wink

Oh, and I have stopped playing the side quests, they all want nasty ZZs. Maybe I'll start again soon, I am still undecided (but only need destiny keys for my friends and I still have some).

On a brighter note, Trina the Ogre has finally given me other quests than ZZs and had a nice mixture. Phew! I'll probably fall into a ZZs series soon but I am happy she gave me a nice little break with them! grinning

I've said it several times, this game hates me!! joyjoy But I am stubborn!! winkwink

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Perhaps the game is trying to ask you something...

Like,

Panicked confusion - "What's going on?!!"

Sexy - "What's goin' onnnnn?"

Nervous suspicion - "Ok, what's going on here..."

Or perhaps it's just a general lament about the state of the world.

Image result for what's going on gif

mdpetdoc

Feb-9

I've had In Service of the Record Keeper or Knowledge Hunter every day for about 2 weeks. I'm not doing either of them so I expect to continue to get them for several more days. 

Unfortunately for you, the game regards WGO as an easy 10 part so it can last a long time. Rare Editions is similar. During one of my loops I was fortunate to be caught in a Rare Editions loop. I burned amulets each day until I stopped getting it. One day I received Rare Editions 10 times. I did 17 DQs that day and burned through over 2000 diamonds. 

JUST SORT OF GLAD IT IS YOU NOT ME.  BUT THEN IT WILL NEVER BE ME.  I LOOK TO SEE WHAT IS BEING ASKED NOT HOS'S.  I AM OUT OF THERE.  NEVER DID LIKE TO BE TOLD WHAT TO DO.   NO JUST TOO OLD TO CHANGE.  I RARELY DO ANY DQ'S  NEVER THE CC.  NEVER OPENED ANYTHING IN TRINA'S ONLY DO WHAT SHE WANTS IF I NEED A KEY TO OPEN A NEW ROOM.  

I JUST PLAY MY WAY,  MORE LIKE THE GAME WAS WHEN I STARTED.  THE ONLY THING THEY HAVE ADDED SINCE THEN I DO DO IS THE EVENT ROOMS.   

TLB2 (nvrsdiwsgd)

Feb-20

Gnome Spy -- 4th day in a row! Did the first one then got a short 3 part next day then Gnome Spy again. and again. and again........ kinda tired of this. Not doing it anymore.

Theo (TheoMC)

Feb-23

Haha I am not sure what the game is trying to tell me, but I sure know what I want to tell "him"! And it is neither sexy nor polite!!! innocent

Thanks for having moved the thread! I read "pleas" and thought "plagues", internal translator is corrupt!