Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Welcome!!! Get your FAQs answered HERE!   Welcome!

Started 5/4/18 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 429070 views.
Azurina

3/26/21

they seem to be very light on then as i have been doing lots of HOS each day, yet only have one amulet and plenty of purple power discs. :(

thanks.

Debbie (Debbie1845)

3/26/21

Here is more information about the Amulets from the MC Game Guide...

AEGram writes....

“Amulets – The Amulet was introduced in November 2016, and is available to players when they reach Level 9. At the outset, you receive the No Cooldown Amulet and 120 Energy Units. It requires 100 energy units to activate this amulet. It remains activated for 60 minutes. During this time, you can enter any and all HOSs immediately and repeatedly. 

You can receive a maximum of 20 Energy Units per 24-hour day. You receive the Energy Units randomly when completing an HOS. (However during the Fall event, you can also get an one for each ghost you trap—up to the daily maximum. During the Winter event, you can get one with each snow globe you crack—also, up to the daily maximum. During the Spring event, you can get one for each Enchanted Egg you capture—also, up to the daily maximum.) 

The No Cooldown Amulet can be particularly helpful for players leveling up because they don’t need to wait for the room to recharge before being able to get back in. It can also be helpful for players who have reached the maximum level in the game during regular play when the Gnome quests are active. Some of the Gnome quests require you to enter the same room 3x for one part of the 3-, 5-, or 10-part quest. 

The one disadvantage I see with the Amulet is that while you can cover some quests within the hour of activation that would normally take 6 hours to complete.....you also are deprived of earning the coins that could result from those 6 trips around the Castle. 

Once you have activated the No Cooldown Amulet 3x, you get the Quick Cooldown Amulet. This one requires 47 Energy Units to activate it. It cuts the recharge time in half for all HOSs, and it also remains activated for 60 minutes.”

I hope this helps.

Debbie ~ Consortium Leader two_hearts

Tammy27 (DoubleMsMom)

3/27/21

You use those energy discs to power the amulet, when you do the HOSs will be available for 60 minutes without the need for a cooldown. 

Azurina

3/27/21

thank you both, it is much clearer now, though i still don't know how to get more of the amulets.

i have used one early on and another appeared soon after, but i can't recall how i got it. I have been saving it.

will i get another from somewhere if i use it or should i continue to wait?

Mara1022

3/27/21

Hi!  I read your inquiries about the amulets and I thought I'd clarify something that may or may not be clear.  Now, I'm a fairly new player myself so I expect (and welcome) any corrections to what I'm about to share about amulets, which is based on my own usage.  Oh, and I won't include "how" to use them - that's been covered.

Clarity - You get one Gold and one Blue amulet.  You use the Energy Units (the puffy pinks) to put one of the amulets to use, which is good for 60 minutes.  When that time is up - your amulet remains in your inventory.  You only "use up" the Energy Units and then earn more as you play the HOS's, but the 2 amulets stay in your inventory to use over and over again.

Now if that made sense to you then I'm glad I stuck my 2 cents in.  If it was confusing or useless information then I apologize and will go back to storming the Castle.  (hehehe)

LvlSlgr

3/27/21

Once you have an amulet it is yours. You don't lose the amulet by activating it with the energy units. It will remain in your inventory and you can activate it as often as you want if you have the energy units to do so.

From AEGram - "Once you have activated the No Cooldown Amulet 3x, you get the Quick Cooldown Amulet. This one requires 47 Energy Units to activate it. It cuts the recharge time in half for all HOSs, and it also remains activated for 60 minutes.”

Myself, I tried this one but didn't find it very useful.

There is an amulet for the "ghost cooldown period" and another one for the "morphing objects cooldown period". We had to buy those and they were only offered one time - very expensive - and they haven't been offered since that one time. I didn't buy them at the time because in my opinion the waiting period for those things aren't long and I can wait it out. But others have posted in here that they find them useful. It's just a matter of opinion which is probably based on how much time you have to play the game.

I hope this answers your question.

oiuoiu321

3/27/21

A couple of the amulets were available for purchase (in game, not with real money) a couple of times, but haven't been in a long time now.

I think I remember that one is earned as an achievement.  I forget which one.   There should be a list of the achievements around here somewhere.

Azurina

3/27/21

OH!! Thank you!

i was keeping my amulet for a really necessary time thinking i would have to wait for another to appear :))) now i can use it to my hearts desire....so long as i have the power to feed it!

In reply toRe: msg 826
Azurina

Mar-28

Q - is there a pattern or sequence of events to the ghosts? so, does one type follow another in a room or do i have to clear some to make the one i want appear? all this waiting around is making my eyes roll back.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's hahaha

SharpEye1

Mar-28

Unfortunately, they are all random!  The devs really need to offer the amulet for sale again that drops the cooldown time for seasonal ghosts for 60 minutes!  Then you could just bounce back and forth between a few rooms and get what you need quicker than having to make full rounds of all the areas you have open to you.