Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Dice?   Achievements and Musings

Started Feb-14 by Marcia68; 2275 views.
Robert (amf368)

Feb-24

if you need shards and have lots of coin, join the ice breath exchange. Each ice breath is worth frorty shards. They cost 290 coin to gift if you do not have one.

CindyK65

Mar-2

Please put the Ice Breath on your WL and a note on your avatar ‘Need Shards’. You can get 17 shards from it and friends want to help. Also, look at your inventory. You can get 1-3 shards for a lot of event items or regular inventory. Just don’t drop below 20 in inventory.

Hiblush
on Twinkle’s friend list. CindyK gave great advice smile_cat

I gift in order,  unless a 911 plea sent out , and will gift you ice breaths .snowflake

CC to CindyK65
Honeyphan

Mar-4

One thing that has helped me in raising my shards is to click on the golden butterflies in the private room - and one or more rooms of your friends. Wait til they regenerate and click again - I have gotten anywhere from 1-3 shards per room doing that, though the golden butterflies don't always give - it's random. I usually mass about 10 - 20 a day doing this. (depends on how often or long I click on them)

Of course, in reading what you wrote here I see now that Trina will take all my shards when I hit 200 (I'm at 175 now) - (lol- olh, well. Next time I'll know not to hit accept on her task, and that rose-filled wheelbarrow or cardinal/ bush in the spring room will just have to wait!) ;-)

• Edited March 4, 2020 6:04 pm  by  Honeyphan
EllyV

Mar-6

if you don't go back to her to accept the key and coins, than you still have your shards.

that way it will be easier to get more shards, before giving them all away.

(I had my Trina on house arrest for a while, now she is sitting in the background.)

good luck shardhuntingwink.

Elly

In reply toRe: msg 13
Honeyphan

Mar-6

Thank you! :) I'll do that...

I think I need to go past 500 (the cost for the roses/bush in the private room), as well as the 200 she's demanding - right? From what I understand (and have seen) you have to have a lot in your inventory for things to drop, because if you start from nothing they never (or rarely) will. I read that here - the minimum being 20 -

So would you recommend me waiting to hit accept with her and give her the 200 shards she wants when I have 720 shards accumulated? (or should I wait for more when it comes to shards?)

500- for roses/bush for private room

200- for Trina

20 - for extra? (before I hit accept with her?)

EllyV

Mar-6

the decorations in the rooms: you can get them at any time, so don't do that now.

in a short while there will be the spring event, a good change to get a lot of coins and items. those items you can get shards from. a nice way to build a good stock.

and if you are far enough in the game try the ice breath you can find in the forum how to do that (don't create them,but buy them for your friends and shard every one you get.

everyone here has to learn how balance moving forward, building stock,not running out of coins every daywink.

do the marathon, not the sprint

In reply toRe: msg 15
Honeyphan

Mar-6

I'm not there yet - am only on Level 28 - but thank you for the notice! I'll remember that. :)

CindyK65

Mar-9

IMO only, the only advantage to Trina,s quests are the gold keys to open the rooms. Anything after that, is just for your satisfaction. There is no advantage to decorating your rooms. At the level you are, it would probably be best to just concentrate on leveling up. Ice Breaths won’t be available until you are in the 60’s levels and it is really difficult to do even the DQ’s with an airship b/c most of them will require you to send at least 2 to meet the requirements. 

My best advice would be to mostly ignore DQ’s and Trina’s quests until you get close to level 30. If you need coins, don’t hesitate to put an Ancestor’s Spirit or Mechanical Heart on your WL. Put ‘Need Coins’ on your avatar. Your friends want to help and you can level up pretty fast with help! 

Wish we could be friends! Good Luck and keep storming that castle! CindyK

Honeyphan

Mar-9

Thank you, Cindy- I will keep all you said in mind! I definitely want to progress (I'm tired of just sitting in my level 28 rut - lol) - and really want to open more scenes before the seasonal event starts! :)

I think I will wait until after the "Place items in zoom zones" CC tomorrow, then continue on with the character quests, since Oberon, Anabel and her knight will undoubtedly take all my items I have hoarded for the challenge (lol) - and then when we hit the "10 zoom zones in 30 min." I'll just make sure I have enough to whiz through that. - I have all private rooms open, save for the Halloween rooms, and I'll probably only open one of those when the time comes. So, yeah, I'll just save my shards up as I collect them in the private rooms, etc, and use them to purchase items I already unlocked (like that rose wheelbarrow I want!) - or the ones requiring 0 keys, like the Christmas tree, etc...

I mean, the shards can only be used for private rooms, right? They are not used for anything else in the game but to change out furniture?

Are more private rooms ever added? Or is that the basics and what we always have?

Thanks also for the advice about boosting coin amounts. I will keep that in mind.

PM me if you ever want that - and the best to you too! :)