Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Roll Call!   Welcome!

Started 3/23/20 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 245916 views.
LvlSlgr

Aug-5

WeeSam (WeesamNZ) said:

With Delta, vaccination alone is no longer enough.

That's so true. I've gone back to wearing a mask if I go out. Some of the cities are starting to mandate them again in public buildings. Louisville is one of those. Schools in Louisville start back on the 11th. Everyone - students, faculty, administration - will be required to wear a mask even if you had the vaccine. That decision was made just last week. Of course, there are always people up in arms about this. 

This is just so crazy!

WeeSam (WeesamNZ)

Aug-5

Crazy is the word for it. I truly do not understand the thinking of anti-vaxxers. But then I was raised by a mother who had polio as a child, and because of that experience we all had to have whatever vaccinations were going! 

I work for a university, and we have been open since we came out of lockdown back in April 2020. No masks or social distancing or anything required. However, if Covid came back to NZ you bet I'd be wearing a mask, no question.  And so would all my colleagues.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

In this instance we can't really lump all anti-vaxxers into one group.

There is a difference between anti-vaccine and vaccine hesitancy.

I'm hesitant to get Astra Zeneca, and I can't stand the conspiracy nuts who peddle their disinformation.

WeeSam (WeesamNZ)

Aug-5

Yes, absolutely, those are different things. Obviously there has been a lot of talk about Astra Zeneca, and that would make anyone concerned. i would have been concerned if that was what was offered to me. But I believe I still would have taken it, because the odds of dying of Covid without a vaccine, vs having a bad reaction to the vaccine, are not even close, particularly as I am older and have underlying conditions. 

The hesitant can be reasoned with, fears worked through, and solutions reached. The straight up anti-vaxxers can't be reasoned with until someone they love dies, and sometimes not even then.

Moonki

Aug-6

My niece and her husband got the astrovenica vaccination - 2 shots - without trouble and with no side effects -just a sore arm for a bit. I understand the hesitance but I feel much of the troublemakers is false news. I cannot say much - since I volunteer at the local hospital I got prizes shots in Feb and May. Most of my family has had 2 shots of one vaccine or another. Moonki

JaneenCarmen

Aug-7

Thank you for sharing this post really this is awesome and very useful,

Oodie (Oodeveer)

Aug-8

I’ve gone back to wearing a mask when I go out as well but mostly stay at home. It seems pandemic rules are the best option to follow in the US again. That delta variant is really scary!

GaviTn

Aug-9

Hi I have a question, in achievements I have Horses, , Balloonist, and Sweet Tooth, now have I miss them, will they be back --------

Gavi-Tn 822945

LvlSlgr

Aug-9

Gavi, I believe the achievement you called "Horses" is actually "Horse Tamer". All three of those achievements have to do with the Spring Event. The objects you need to catch will mostly likely be back in the next Spring Event.

Susanna502MC

Aug-9

One of the advantages of being retired is I can stay home. I wear a mask when I am around people. So glad my daughter came to visit in June. I've told her to put off her visit for Thanksgiving until we see how things go. It breaks my heart to see how many people are being affected by the delta variant.