Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Roll Call!   Welcome!

Started 3/23/20 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 238391 views.

Yes, very ---- on Friday I got a call from my cardiologist, and they said for me to suspend cardiac rehab at least until the curve flattens. I am Tarrant County, and the numbers there are even worsr than the much bigger Dallas County.;

So my activity now amounts to going for a short drive in the neighborhood, and walking up and down the driveway for exercise.

Tammy27 (DoubleMsMom)

11/17/20

Just got a call from my workplace.  The positivity rate is now at 11.1% in our county so we're now going to do testing twice a week. I still don't have to get tested since I was covid positive last month. 

This week our Governor put in new restrictions and may be adding more. Our cases, hospitalizations and deaths have been rising. This is getting very scary.

Please stay safe everyone and wear your masks...................

LvlSlgr

11/17/20

In Kentucky, where I live, things are getting crazy also.  Cases going up, positivity rate going up, hospitalizations and deaths going up ... you name it ... it's going up. About a month ago the governor said he wasn't going to add new restrictions but try stricter enforcement of the ones we already have. Well, that didn't work. So tomorrow he will be announcing new restrictions.

Please stay safe, stay home if you don't have to go out and wear your mask when you do.

Susanna502MC

11/17/20

I had previously convinced my daughter in Seattle that she absolutely could not come to Arizona for Thanksgiving. I wouldn't have minded her having dinner with her dad and stepmom, but then she found out some of stepmom's family were planning to come. I told her she has no idea what they have been doing or who they have had contact with. She was waiting for a good time to tell them she wouldn't be coming. Her brother called for advice and she and his girlfriend were able to convince him to stay home. Before either had a chance to notify stepmom, the governor re-instituted the shut down. Plus dad just had surgery. Stepmom has called off Thanksgiving dinner. Relieved sighs all the way around.

I picked up my turkey from the store today. Realized I forgot onions and celery so have to get some tomorrow. Decided not to wait to cook the turkey. I really love turkey sandwiches and it freezes well once it is sliced. I should be good until Christmas

LvlSlgr

11/19/20

The following is from a Facebook posting by my daughter-in-law's aunt who lives in Indiana. I saw it because my daughter-in-law responded she wouldn't be attending.

If I want to see my family, I go see them. I'm not going to stop living my life because of Covid. Nobody stopped their lives for the Swine Flu or H1N1, Ebola or Aids. What makes Covid so special? I'm going to have 30 family members at my house for Thanksgiving, none of them are worried about coming.

My son, daughter-in-law and their two sons will not be attending even though her mother will be. Of course, the family is now giving my daughter-in-law a lot of flack over this. My son told me this is the same family where there was a death about 6 weeks ago and a funeral. They did attend the funeral, wearing masks, and most everyone at the funeral were wearing masks. However, about 30 people went to this same aunt's house afterwards and everyone but my son's family removed their masks. My son, his wife, and boys (ages 14 and 11) weren't comfortable - and people were making fun of them - so they left. Since then at least 5 people who were at this aunt's home after the funeral have reported having covid and one uncle bad enough that he has been in the hospital for a week. And still this woman doesn't understand "what makes Covid so special."

People like this, who continue to have these type of gatherings, are exactly why this virus is spreading like a wildfire.

Tammy27 (DoubleMsMom)

11/19/20

Yikes! Reminds me of the nurse who's working in a hospital in South Dakota who is taking care of covid patients who don't believe they're dying of covid. Story is here:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/south-dakota-nurse-dying-covid-patients-dont-believe-coronavirus-real_n_5fb2d425c5b6aad41f72129d

Our Governor just put in more restrictions, starting Friday and ending Dec 18. Calling it Dial Back to Save Lives:

See the source image

I already told my sister that I will not be going to her house for Christmas like usual. Since I work at a nursing home I just can't risk it especially after seeing what 1 case did to our facility recently. 

Yesterday I had called my father to just check in and I also wanted to tell him to be especially careful right now.  The hospitals in my area are full. We've had 2 residents who have gone to our city's hospital (non covid) and have been sent elsewhere for care because of the lack of beds.  

Please be careful out there everyone, mask up and stay safe.........................

LvlSlgr

11/19/20

Tammy, your state always seems to come up with charts which are easy to follow.

Some of the new restrictions the governor ordered yesterday included no dine-in eating at restaurants starting this Friday at 5 PM for 24 days and the same for bars. All school systems must return to virtual learning until the end of the semester. After that if your county is not considered a "red zone" then they can return to in-class following the state guidelines. They're asking all businesses to go back to having employees work from home again until the end of the year if possible.

One other thing that was announced some time last week -

The Kentucky Supreme Court unanimously ruled Thursday that Gov. Andy Beshear acted lawfully in issuing a series of executive orders restricting activities within the state in order to curb the spread of Covid-19. 

The ruling comes after months of uncertainty after some lower counts ruled against some of Beshear’s orders. The Supreme Court decision reverses those lower court rulings.  

In the opinion, the Supreme Court argued that Beshear acted within his power under the Kentucky Constitution and state law during a state of emergency.

Among those executive orders was the wearing of masks. Come on people!

• Edited November 19, 2020 2:07 pm  by  LvlSlgr

I wish our "leaders" in Texas could show the common sense shown by Ky and SD. Covid rates are exploding, and my particular county (Tarrant) in North Texas has seen an increase in cases for 10 consecutive days ---- but places that are high risk remain open.

I wish there were national guidelines for all Americans to follow that were as sensible as some individual states are doing.

Susanna502MC

11/19/20

It always makes me sad and angry that they are risking other people's lives as well as their own. It makes it worse that they harass people who try to protect themselves. I realize I'm lucky because I'm an introvert and don't mind staying home alone. It is hard for other people, but look what people went through during WWII (over 4 years in the US and longer and much worse in a lot of other countries).

LvlSlgr

11/19/20

National guidelines would be nice but I honestly don't think it will ever happen because the country is so divided. In KY we have a Democratic governor but every other office is held by Republicans. When he first started issuing this executive orders trying to do what was needed he state Republicans were fighting him, taking him to court, ... you name it. And the courts which were ruled mainly by Republican judges were ruling against the governor. Ohio is one of our neighboring states and has a Republican governor and our Republican state assembly were just praising that governor. So our governor started looking closely at what Ohio's governor was doing. It really wasn't that much different and in some instances it was stricter. So he would model his executive orders after Ohio's - explain that and that it seemed to be working for Ohio - and then they seemed to accept them.

The problem however is enforcing the rules. My brother-in-law works at Lowe's and sees what happens. People are required to wear masks or they cannot enter the stores. However, once they get inside the store and down an aisle where they think people won't notice they take the mask off. He said the employees have tried asking the people to put their mask back on but it often leads to a confrontation sometimes with the person going so far as spitting in your face.

Some people just do not believe there is a virus out there which is infecting people and even killing some.