Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Roll Call!   Welcome!

Started 3/23/20 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 207659 views.
Energyworker

Mar-27

So sorry for your loss. tulip Losing long time friends / any friends is upsetting. I had 8 die in 6 months last yr, one, my best and long time friend from covid. Have sent you a healing. heartpulse

Eight?!? ---- that is terrible. So sorry to read that. You, too, must do a lot of healing. rainbow

TLB2 (nvrsdiwsgd)

Mar-28

I’m so sorry for your loss. Too many heartaches recently. 

kthreads

Apr-1

I was fast-tracked for the vaccine as soon as it became available to the public due to still being considered a cancer patient.
Brian and I are fully vaccinated, with the second shot being 5 weeks ago; only a week after my hip surgery.

We had the Pfizer vaccine. Both of us experienced some soreness at the injection site. I had joint pain for a couple days after the second injection. For me, it wasn't unexpected as I have a lot of chemo damage to my joints. It only lasted for a couple days so it wasn't bad at all.

I'm still recovering very slowly from surgery. It's been 6 1/2 weeks...seems like much longer. At my follow-up they did an ultrasound of the area and all seems to be healing well, if a bit slow. Our conversation went like this...

Surgeon: "Boy, when you do it, you really do it to the extreme. I've never seen this type of damage after a dislocation. Are you sure you didn't fall? We removed several bone fragments along with repairing muscle damage and the tendon. You're pushing PT. You need to back off a bit."

Me: "Nope, didn't fall. I was just getting dressed. And, yeah, that's me...I can't do anything half-way. If I'm gonna mess up, it's always going to be record-book worthy." joyjoyjoy

Surgeon: "You've got a good sense of humor about all this." Then after looking at her computer screen... "You were standing? I've been sitting down to put on my pants..." she frowned..."since my teens."

Me: "I can honestly say that I have always stood, and raised each leg to put my pants on...  Until now."

Surgeon: "Well, you've got a lot of flexibility. But sit down while getting dressed from now on."

Me: "Not so flexible anymore..and wink lesson learned.

Janet

PC: Janet/ Isadora

Android: jdmorgan / jd / Janni

• Edited April 1, 2021 6:53 pm  by  kthreads
LvlSlgr

Apr-1

I got my second Covid vaccine shot (Moderna) earlier today. So far, okay. From what I've heard if you feel bad it's not until about 24 hours later and then it only last for about 24 hours. 

katiek2

Apr-2

Janet, so fun to find another "stand on one leg & raise the other to put on pants" girl, only I have to hold on to something with one hand.  Guess that counts as doing it half-way.  Can't even imagine going through what you've been through.  You're one tough cookie!!

Take care of yourself - stay safe and stay well.

Kathy (katiek)

Oodie (Oodeveer)

Apr-2

How are you feeling today? At least you’re fully vaccinated now! Yay!

LvlSlgr

Apr-2

So far the only thing bothering me is my arm. It's much sorer than last time. When I touched the site of the injection it's swollen a little and very warm. I think that's to be expected.

Thanks for asking.

Happy to hear this my friend!!

LvlSlgr

Apr-2

Later around noon (EDT USA) I started getting slight chills but no fever. I only got about 4 hours of sleep last night (pretty much normal for me anymore) so I took a couple of Tylenol (for the arm) and went back to bed. I wasn't sure if I would be able to fall asleep because they're doing some construction work behind me and the bulldozers and backhoes are constantly going from about 7:15 to 4:30 M-F. It's very, very loud. Surprisingly I fell asleep right away. I didn't wake up until about 4:00 when my sister called to check on me. She got her second shot yesterday also. Since getting up I have a very slight fever 99.8 so I took some more Tylenol. Feeling bad calls for comfort food. So I fixed a grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup. Way too many carbs but I really don't care today. LOL