Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Receive 500 Wheels for sending Airships   Seasonal Events, CCs and Updates

Started Jul-10 by Katijay (Katijay46); 669 views.
LvlSlgr

Jul-11

PTG (anotherPTG) said:

The chances of you getting just 176 wheels on the second time round are remote.

I absolutely know that is true! It's almost always over 300 now. But I don't mind it so much if they are used for three things. And I definitely won't send an airship unless it's required by two things - the Daily Quest and Trinia.

Playbelle

Jul-12

mmpendo,

One way I handle the Crafting challenges is saving my Pet Medallions for this.  I never craft pet food except during Castle Challenges, then I zip through those.  I keep 1 type of pet food in my Wish List (whatever I'm lowest on) and for the rest I only use the pet food I gain through the HOS rewards during regular gameplay.  That's easier now that I'm playing at the maximum level, but I'd been careful with feeding pets from the start, only feeding them when I really needed something special or when feeding a pet was part of a quest.

Another tip I have is to play the puzzles throughout the year and always put a high value egg (like Squirrel, Phoenix, or Panda) in your Reward List for the puzzle.  Also include a high value Zoom Zone item in that list (like the Executioner's Badge).  If you win these, you can sell them for the quick cash.  I'm not especially lucky with the puzzle guessing game though.  I make most of my cash playing event rooms and after the first year in the game cash hasn't been a problem (it's those airship items).

Another idea to get cash is to go through your Event Items in your Inventory.  If you've been playing for more than a year and played the Event Rooms a lot, you might have hundreds of certain items (I would say keep at least 200 of an item just in case, but anything beyond that you might consider selling).  Sometimes I convert some of those items to Shards for my Trina quests too.

If it wasn't already clear, you do get coins for each Airship crate that you pack.  It doesn't show that it's a reward before you pack it, but if you watch closely you'll see that you do get coins each time you pack a crate.  The amount of coins changes based on how many items go into each crate; the more items required, the more coins you get.

For the dice games, there are several theories about this.  Personally, I do find that certain avatars seem to have a better chance of beating certain adversaries.  None of it is 100%.  I think in terms of which avatars might stand the best chance or beating or distracting each dice character in an actual battle situation.  The Iron Knight seems to have a weakness for Anabel avatars, Salty seems to get distracted and lose more often if I use Pirate Girl or the Mermaid, I use an avatar with a gun for the Troll (it's best to take out a troll long distance if possible) and I use an avatar with a sword (and preferably armor) with the Dragon.   I haven't found the perfect foils for the other 2 yet.  Sometimes I play Anabel against herself and for Lord Chamberlain I go with a non-human.  Several people have shared other avatars they've had success with against the various dice characters.

I hope you find some of this useful.  Happy gaming!  relaxed

mmpendo

Jul-13

Katijay (Katijay46) said:

There is a very in-depth discussion about pet medallions that I was going to bring up when this CC came up, but there is a discussion about this by AEGram that really spells out all the ways this is in the CC folder with the title Question about 20 pet medallions in 24 hours...

Thanks Katijay - I will go look that up, I really couldn't figure out how to do that.

What do you mean by?

Katijay (Katijay46) said:

but when events come along that is building time, not DQ time

YOU ARE VERY KIND.

mmpendo

Jul-13

All good for cash ideas, Thx.

As for the dice game - there is a reason I don't gamble in RL lol. But I will try your strategy, got to be better than my non existent strategy.

Playbelle said:

If it wasn't already clear, you do get coins for each Airship crate that you pack.

Truly I didn't notice that. I rarely send an Airship - save for a rainy day and give some to friends. That info alieves my confusion about the 700 coin to earn.

Many thanks

Katijay (Katijay46)

Jul-14

Events are the Spring, Halloween, and Christmas Events where we can make lots of coins on those HOS...when maxed out those HOS bring 250 coins each where DQ's only give 50 coins..

In reply toRe: msg 11
oiuoiu321

Jul-15

OK, I've finally finished this one.  Now to catch up!