Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Books - what are you reading?   Fletcher's Tea Room and Bar

Started 5/10/18 by LvlSlgr; 141121 views.
Di (amina046)

5/11/18

I love Brunetti, but the films are better than the books becauseof all the great scenery of Venice

Di (amina046)

5/11/18

Try guttenberg.org ! every classic is free

Crystal;P (12earth45)

5/11/18

Sometimes the waiting list is very long...

I am still waiting for an e-book, but been so long, I gave up.

last book read. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon.

LvlSlgr

5/11/18

Absolutely! Libraries are great. And so are the librarians. My local librarian will suggest other authors/books based on what she sees you checking out.

Fixing The Books Smiley Face, Emoticon

That's why I usually have my request list full - I never know how long it will take for a book to be available, though I can guess from how many "holds" are ahead of me.  

1 time I had 9 books come in all at once! Some I'd been waiting for months.  The librarian gave me a canvas Friends of the Library bag to carry them in, it was such a big pile! 

Of course, with ebooks, you don't have to drive to the library & lug them home. ;-) 

osafranny

5/12/18

hi!

I have just started reading Sarah Knight's :The life changing magic of not giving a fuck in french

mamarose1900

5/12/18

I love reading, also. I could not even begin to list the authors I like. There are way too many, including many on all of your lists.

But, some favorites I'd like to share: J. D. Robb. (Nora Roberts pen name for her sci fi police procedural romance. Yeah, those are all the genres they fit into.) If you like cozy mysteries, Ellery Adams is both prolific and an awesome writer. 

I love Carole Nelson Douglas, especially her Midnight Louie cat mystery series, which she finished a little while ago. I have a few more to acquire, then I'm reading them from beginning to end. She did an amazing thing in that she did the alphabet and each book is an individual story, but there's also an overarching story that starts in the first book and doesn't end until the last one. G. R. R. Martin could learn a lot from her about holding onto the thread of a long story arc. 

I  forgot I wanted to mention BookBub ( https://www.bookbub.com/welcome )  You can get free or really cheap ebooks from them. I've found a lot of books I'm glad I didn't pay for. But I've also found some favorite new authors. 

I could go on about books all day, but I won't. relaxed

Have fun stormin' the castle! relaxed

LvlSlgr

5/12/18

Bookbub is great! I just have to be careful and not buy too many. Right now I have 72 books waiting to be read on my Kindle.  Seems like every time I finish a few and seem to making headway, I find something on Bookbub and buy it. Of course, I also have over 50 on my Bookbub "Wanted" list that I'm watching to be on sale.

kat (vabreeze)

5/12/18

At the moment I am reading Ken Follett's "Turn of the Century" trilogy.

I have four Goodwills near me.  Paperbacks are $1.00, Hardbacks $3.00 and Children/Young Adult are 50 cent. 

So I have been spending 50 cents for hardback Harry Potter books. 

But I generally keep books I grew up with and re-read them over and over.  (Baum, Dickens, Lewis Carroll, C S Lewis, Tolkien, Heinlein, McCaffrey and Agatha Christie)

And history books.