Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Books - what are you reading?   Fletcher's Tea Room and Bar

Started 5/10/18 by LvlSlgr; 118532 views.
LvlSlgr

Apr-8

I forgot to mention - "Here to Stay" was my Amazon Prime free selection from Aug. 2019. I have to say it was one of the better free books I've read so far.

Also, I decided to go straight to Trevor Noah's "Born a Crime". I'm just not ready to tackle the second half of "Jefferson's Daughters" yet.

• Edited April 8, 2021 12:54 pm  by  LvlSlgr
Kid (Kidmagnet)
Staff

Apr-9

LvlSlgr said:

Also, I decided to go straight to Trevor Noah's "Born a Crime".

Oh- let me know how you like that as well. I purchased Here to Stay  this evening.

rossiking

Apr-24

Great, thanks! Most often, I find recommendations with the help of book bloggers that I follow on YouTube or Instagram. I never thought that even book bloggers on Instagram could be helpful in terms of book recommendations or teaching. Recently, by the way, with the help of one of these bloggers, I learned about the service https://assignmentbro.com/us/finance-homework-help, which helps me with my financial homework, especially with regard to complex calculations.

• Edited April 30, 2021 3:14 am  by  rossiking
In reply toRe: msg 573
WeeSam (WeesamNZ)

May-12

I've come to a halt in my reading because I have a problem. I have three books I really, really want to read right now, and can't decide which one to start with because I want to start with all three! Help me out, dear people. Choose a book for me.

Chaos on CatNet by Naomi Kritzer

This is a follow up to a favourite book of last year, Catfishing on CatNet. I loved this book so much and can't wait to follow the further adventures of CheshireCat and friends.

Fugitive Telemetry by Martha Wells

This is the sixth book in the Murderbot Diaries series. I love, love, love Murderbot. Another Murderbot story? Yes please.

Project Hail Mary by Andy Weir

A book that I feel in love with a few years back was The Martian by Andy Weir. It instantly went on my list of most favourite books of all time and has already been re-read a number of times.  Now with a new book out, which everyone is saying has the same magic as his first book, I can't wait to get started on it.

So, people, help me out. Pick one of these books for me to read as I am stalled and can't make a decision.

LvlSlgr

May-13

I have to say ... picking out the next book to read is one my biggest problems also. There are so many waiting for me on my Kindle ... which one do I pick?? LOL

Chaos on CatNet by Naomi Kritzer

This one sounds good and like you really want to read it. But how often does this author write books for this series? I just checked and it looks like there was 2 years between the first and second books. You might want to wait on this one. Just my opinion.

Fugitive Telemetry by Martha Wells

You said, "This is the sixth book in the Murderbot Diaries series." It looks like this series started in 2017. So that's pretty good ... six books in 4 years. Consider this one because you probably won't have to wait as long for the next in the series.

Project Hail Mary by Andy Weir

OMG! I absolutely loved The Martian by this author. I have this one on my list to watch for it on sale. But that's not going to happen soon since it just came out. Just curious, have you read Artemis by Weir?? That's another one I'm watching for. His books aren't a series based ... so you can wait on this one or go ahead. 

I'm not much help. But as I said at the beginning of this, it's always hard for me to pick a new book to read. But one thing I know when you can read a new book in a series it feels like "coming home" where you are comfortable. I think I just said to read the new Murderbot book. LOL

WeeSam (WeesamNZ)

May-13

Thanks, The Just-leave-me-alone-so-I-can-binge-watch-my-favourite-soap-opera AI, Murderbot, it is! 

The Martian was fantastic, wasn't it? I have read Artemis. It was really good, but for me it didn't have that extra spark of magic that The Martian had. That's why I'm super excited for Project Hail Mary after what people have said about it.

I'm afraid I don't have your patience to wait for specials. It would be better for my bank balance if I did, but I'm more of the 'I must have it, gimme it now' type.

The good thing about both CatNet and Murderbot series is that they are all pretty much stand-alone books so waiting for the next one isn't that big a problem. I hate series that finish on a cliffhanger leaving you wanting more and having to wait years for it.

LvlSlgr

May-13

WeeSam (WeesamNZ) said:

I hate series that finish on a cliffhanger leaving you wanting more and having to wait years for it.

I so hate that also! Since 1995 I've been reading the series of books by Patricia Cornwell about Dr. Kay Scarpetta. I really, really liked those. So much so that back when I first started reading them - and was still working - I would realize that it was 5:30 in the morning and I'm still reading this book! A few times I called in and said I wasn't feeling well and would be in after lunch if I got better. Then at least I could get a good "nap" in before going into work.

Anyway - I got off track there - my point is that I loved those books. Each one was a story in its own entirety but there was also the ongoing story about Scarpetta. The last Scarpetta book was in 2016. I don't mean that the character died or anything; it's just that Cornwell hasn't written any more. I guess after 24 books she got tired of the character. So last year when I learned she had started a new series - Captain Chase - I was eager to start this new series. In the first book Quantum, Callie Chase is a NASA pilot, quantum physicist, and cybercrime investigator. Right up my alley. However, I was very disappointed because the book didn't wrap up the main storyline and left you hanging. Yes, the dreaded cliffhanger. That's okay with a TV series season finale, but not with my books. LOL Needless to say, I decided I wasn't going to read anymore of that series.

Speaking of getting late, I really need to get out of here because it's after 4:30 in the morning. I'm headed to bed where I'll finish my current book - The Bone Collection by Kathy Reichs. I'll worry tomorrow morning about what I'm reading after this one.

In reply toRe: msg 577
LvlSlgr

May-14

I chose "The Handmaid's Tale" by Margaret Atwood as my next book. I hope it's good.

On another note - I did eventually return to "Jefferson's Daughters" and finish it. It was more like reading a history book than anything else. That put me behind in my reading goal for the year. Note to self: stay away from that author. LOL