Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Books - what are you reading?   Fletcher's Tea Room and Bar

Started 5/10/18 by LvlSlgr; 140223 views.
LvlSlgr

Jun-6

~J (amsavs) said:

I'm up to 42 books this year.

Wow! That's amazing. I'm at 20. I spend too much time on this laptop when I should be doing more reading. LOL

~J (amsavs)

Jun-7

The funny thing is, it doesn't feel like I'm reading all that much. But when I login to add books to the challenge... haha. It's been a lot of "meh" KU books. I guess that's why I'm in the mood for a good mystery! I'm actually in the middle of 2 different KU witch mystery books.. but they don't grab my attention like a JD Robb or Patricia Briggs book.

LvlSlgr

Jun-7

I'm sorry, but what do you mean by KU books? When I tried to google that I just keep finding articles about the University of Kansas bookstore.

~J (amsavs)

Jun-7

Sorry! Kindle unlimited. Speaking of.. I think I need to try to read a chapter of one of the books to keep my daily streak going. I have yet to read everyday in one month. I guess you can tell when I'm not engaged when I'm OK with reading a chapter.

LvlSlgr

Jun-7

Chapters ... I find if the book has shorter chapters then I'm more likely to read it faster. Longer chapters - I feel like I'm never going to get to the end and I'll put it down before finishing that chapter. Although with the shorter chapters I'm more likely to go ahead and another one ... and then another one.

~J (amsavs)

Jun-9

I've never paid attention ... I know I like to play the "I'll go to sleep after I finish this chapter" game. I usually notice about a couple chapters later I forgot to stop.. haha. Especially if it's the type to pull you in to their world. When I'm not engaged,  I can barely make it to the end of the chapter. I also like to play "but there's only 100 pages left. " haha. Why sleep when you can finish the book!

LvlSlgr

Jun-9

I play some version of those "games" also.

• Edited June 9, 2021 7:15 pm  by  LvlSlgr
~J (amsavs)

Jun-16

I've been watching some Rizzoli & Isles reruns. I just now discovered it's based on a book series. My library actually has them... maybe that's the next read. I rarely get to watch a movie/tv show before reading the books. 

LvlSlgr

Jun-16

~J (amsavs) said:

I've been watching some Rizzoli & Isles reruns. I just now discovered it's based on a book series.

Yes, it is based on a series of books by Tess Gerritsen. However, as with most TV shows and books, they're different. Some of the storyline is the same but the characters are somewhat different but you learn to live with that. I discovered this with the TV show "Bones" based on the character Dr. Temperance Brennan from the series of books by Kathy Reichs. With that one I had read many of the books before the TV series started.  The Temperance character in the show was sooooooo different than the one in the book. I think I watched the show for 2 seasons and then gave up on it. With "Rizzoli & Isles" it was the opposite - I had watched the TV shows, like you, before learning they were based on books. As I said, they're a little different but not too bad. There are 12 books in this series and I've read 11 of them. The last one was published in 2017 so maybe that's all she's going to write.

In reply toRe: msg 590
LvlSlgr

Jun-19

On June 4th I reported I had started reading John McCain's last book The Restless Wave. I got about a third of the way through it and had to give up on it. It's too much about the politics involving the American wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. Not like the other books I've read by him. I was really hoping for something different since it was his last book written after he knew he had the malignant brain tumor that would end his life. I'll probably return to it someday but not right now.

So now I'm reading South of Broad by Pat Conroy. I've always enjoyed reading his books - The Prince of Tides; The Lords of Discipline - and this one is proving to be a good one. The all take place in the South. This one is in Charleston, SC which is a city I know about because I have relatives who live there and have always enjoyed visiting.