Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Alpha Game 161 Fashion & Accessories   Fun and Games

Started 5/11/18 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 3556345 views.
LvlSlgr

6/14/20

Night of the Living Dead - is a 1968 American independent horror film written, directed, photographed and edited by George A. Romero, co-written by John Russo, and starring Duane Jones and Judith O'Dea. The story follows seven people who are trapped in a rural farmhouse in western Pennsylvania, which is under assault by an enlargening group of cannibalistic, undead corpses. The film was completed on a US$114,000 budget and shot outside Pittsburgh, where it had its theatrical premiere on October 1, 1968. The film grossed US$12 million domestically and US$18 million internationally, earning more than 250 times its budget. Night of the Living Dead has been regarded as a cult classic by film scholars and critics, despite being heavily criticized upon its release for its explicit gore.

I remember seeing this at the drive-in. Thank goodness it wasn't in color.

Night of the Living Dead (1968) poster.jpg

Msg 368.30418 deleted
PTG (anotherPTG)

6/14/20

The Outsiders written by S.E Hinton was Published in 1967

Happy Birthday, S.E. Hinton! - Intellectual Freedom Blog

Msg 368.30420 deleted
LvlSlgr

6/14/20

Planet of the Apes - 1968

PlanetoftheapesPoster.jpg

Tammy27 (DoubleMsMom)

6/14/20

Q.T. Hush (is an American cartoon that was produced by the company Animation Associates in 1960. It consisted of 100 five-minute episodes, which appeared in syndication beginning in September 1960)

LvlSlgr

6/14/20

Rosemary's Baby - 1968

I also saw this one at the drive-in. While Night of the Living Dead didn't scare me, this one did.

Rosemarys baby poster.jpg

Tammy27 (DoubleMsMom)

6/14/20

Sock It To Me (Expression from the late 1960s until the early 1970s. Literally means "give it to me",  but generally had a underlying sexual connotation. Could also mean just give me your best.)

LvlSlgr

6/14/20

The Twilight Zone - 1959-1964

Thetwilightzone-logo.svg

The scariest one I ever saw was "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet" aired in 1963. Opening narration -

Portrait of a frightened man: Mr. Robert Wilson, thirty-seven, husband, father, and salesman on sick leave. Mr. Wilson has just been discharged from a sanitarium where he spent the last six months recovering from a nervous breakdown, the onset of which took place on an evening not dissimilar to this one, on an airliner very much like the one in which Mr. Wilson is about to be flown home—the difference being that, on that evening half a year ago, Mr. Wilson's flight was terminated by the onslaught of his mental breakdown. Tonight, he's traveling all the way to his appointed destination, which, contrary to Mr. Wilson's plan, happens to be in the darkest corner of the Twilight Zone.

Notice in the picture below Wilson was played by a then unknown William Shatner.

I think the reason it scared me was that my bedroom window looked out over the roof of the dinette in our house. I would have nightmares that there was something out there on the roof looking into my window.

• Edited June 14, 2020 7:11 pm  by  LvlSlgr
Tammy27 (DoubleMsMom)

6/14/20

I could never get into that show...……………..

United Farm Workers of America (is a labor union for farmworkers in the United States. It originated from the merger of two workers' rights organizations, the Agricultural Workers Organizing Committee led by organizer Larry Itliong, and the National Farm Workers Association led by César Chávez and Dolores Huerta. They became allied and transformed from workers' rights organizations into a union as a result of a series of strikes in 1965, when the mostly Filipino farmworkers of the AWOC in Delano, California initiated a grape strike, and the NFWA went on strike in support. As a result of the commonality in goals and methods, the NFWA and the AWOC formed the United Farm Workers Organizing Committee on August 22, 1966. This organization was accepted into the AFL-CIO in 1972 and changed its name to the United Farm Workers Union)