Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

DQs during events   Seasonal Events, CCs and Updates

Started Apr-16 by Jenny MC (cbtx) (cbtx1); 1613 views.

I already said I like the new room ---- that's about it.

And no, not Pollyanna, but the Pollyanna principle. The Pollyanna principle (also called Pollyannaism or positivity bias) is the tendency for people to remember pleasant items more accurately than unpleasant ones. And to you, it seems you will hear nothing about the game that could be construed as anything but positive. Truth be told, there are several things about the game that are needing developer work and attention, and I'm sorry you can't see that since if the game should stop being supported, no one will be more surprised than those that don't see the downward drift.

What you said about diamonds just now tells me you will learn more later about their uses. And the "baby games" are fine for you ---- I just can't see investing the time for me ---- I help others by gifting in my game (as I offered to help you before if memory serves).

And, yes, call it Pollyanna or positivity bias or whatever ---- you do indeed appear whenever I post to contradict my effort to improve the game. Every time, and that is your privilege. I'm sorry that you appear to be unable to see that I am looking at the long range future of this superbly imagined and beautifully crafted gem of a game ---- not just the recent cute features. 

But each to his own, and I am so pleased the game brings you such joy. Hope it continues.

I also wanted to say to you that ---- in all honesty ---- there is no reason for strained feelings on either of our parts. You seem to be a lovely person, and one who would be a positive influence on everyone you know in the real world. You have your way of playing and your view of the game and its elements, and I have mine. I have said over and over how much I like the game and appreciate the developers, so we share that, at least. Beyond that, our views differ, and that should be ok. 

I try to let you express your views without criticism, and, hopefully, you can see fit to do that for me. I don't start threads to invite criticism or arguments or advice on how to get over boredom or what to play, or do with my time or anything in that vein, and I really don't see why it riles people up so much when I say something they consider to be negative about the game.. I'm not really even addressing anyone in particular except the developers who DO read things here and DO listen ---- or so they have told me in the emails I have shared with them. 

Rather than continuing here if anything further needs to be said, perhaps PMs would be a better choice.

Honeyphan

Apr-17

Jenny MC (cbtx) (cbtx1) said:

What you said about diamonds just now tells me you will learn more later about their uses.

Well, I know they can be used to get items to craft - but I like the challenge of finding the items needed (and also putting it on my wish list helps). I use them as a last resort, but very rarely. Like if I just don't have enough items yet, but really need the pet before a CC. That's only happened once when I needed iron chests, and before I found out about the Consortium. I also used them in my baby games during one season event, to get the rest of the floating ghosties, since I didn't have enough wands at the time.

When I was hurrying through my main game, I did use them for about a month's worth of play to buy needed items in the ZZ, but same rule applies - I prefer the challenge of getting them myself through doing the HOS.

I wish they would have diamonds needed to buy the items in the private room. I don't always want to use my coin and need my shards for my baby games. But except for that one room with the fairies for 10 diamonds each, I haven't seen any furniture to buy in exchange for the gems.

There is no right or wrong way to play ---- but there are the "A-ha" moments that come, even years into playing.

Wouldn't know about multiple castles (you call them baby games) as I don't have the interest in that. But certainly many players have multiples ---- I have a good friend that over 20! 

I just want the game to continue ---- and it is my firm belief that it is past time to shake things up at the castle. Hope it happens. (good example ---- the Anniversary Event suggested by fans). And when this "event" drags to a close, maybe they will have story updates over the summer ---- love those.

Time will tell ---- it always does.

TLB2 (nvrsdiwsgd)

Apr-17

Glad to see you two made nice with each other... I was about to go make some popcorn. kissing_heart

attie1234

Apr-18

joy and I just popped me some. stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye