Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

New games to play?   Welcome!

Started 8/7/21 by SedonaSueB; 111379 views.
LvlSlgr

11/11/21

Jenny MC (cbtx) (cbtx1) said:

So I wrote to G5 and asked them where the cat might be and they replied asking for a screen shot! LOL Of a missing cat?

Really?? That's priceless! Maybe it's the Cheshire Cat and you need to catch it at the right time. 

See the source image

Honeyphan

11/11/21

LOL

Well, the Cheshire cat IS in the game.... ;-)

Jenny, I have no idea what to tell you - I even did a google search, thinking I might find something in a Q & A - but no go...

I guess maybe it will just suddenly appear for you and whitebutterfly54 - that's what happened to me. I was in the middle of gameplay, having just paid the coin to open the first HOS in BatB if I recall correctly, when suddenly the cat appeared and the story involving it. lol Something I did or had just done must have triggered the story to begin and the new character to enter - if only I can remember what it was! lol

• Edited November 11, 2021 7:53 pm  by  Honeyphan

Use the screenshot from the diary, like the one I posted on the last page.  That should jog their memories.  LOL

Honeyphan, I know you will, but please post if the cat disappears.  I would be interested whether he sticks around or leaves for someone new.

Honeyphan

11/11/21

Will do! :) Though I think from the way they talk in-game  (Lucy, Sherlock, et al.) - that Faustus is a permanent member of the library now. He sure gets around it- I've counted 5 places so far where he likes to hang. lol

Yeah, I'm starting to believe they took the cat out of the game in later versions.

In reply toRe: msg 214

Tried to send another support ticket with the picture from the diary ---- not sure it went through.

Maybe if whitebutterfly and anyone else sent in tickets it might help?

starrtiktokk

11/12/21

I have found a way around the dratted timers of the HOS in all my games,  especially when the screen fills up with more objects but the time goes down, down, down. It does take a bit of work, but I find it worth it to employ. I take screenshots - open the frame -then go back and forth. I usually try to win on my own, but if I see the timer running close, I take the shot, hit pause, and go study the scene! lol I also like this method because then I can really appreciate the beauty of the artwork - and not have to hurry through it. :)  vidmate app

mobdro app

Honeyphan

11/12/21

I would, Jenny, but they'll probably run screaming if they see another post from me. lol

I sent so many when I had the issues of the game freezing, etc...

I think there might be some task you need to perform to have it kick in. Since I was floating around, doing tasks here and there, it's hard for me to pinpoint - but I do know my Hounds of the Baskervilles story is complete and have been working on another murder mystery with Watson - a subplot - almost complete - and my Alice's Adventures in Wonderland about the rabbit's watch and the culprit who stole it is also complete and am doing side stories for the characters there. All of that was completed before I got Faustus.

Everything else I have dabbled in, done a few collections, but not completed the main stories. Maybe, if you haven't already, you need to do the above to have it kick in?

Thing is - I play directly off their site, so anything I play from there would be a recent version - what they are offering now-  not an old one since I didn't download the game to my computer.

There is one thing I did before that.... you might try it.

Click on the "room overlooking the city" - you should get a box saying downloading new content. I thought it was just for that room alone, since it was played in the event, but maybe it kicks in Faustus.

Do the same for the 20,000 leagues under the sea one we did for the event - I can't remember the name of it right now, but it should show as unlocked - new content box will also show up for that. You don't have to play them (they are expensive) but maybe just doing that might kick it in. I didn't play them, just let the content box download the update for it...

ETA: Okay, let me ask this - do you guys have a green bowl sitting on the carpet near Sherlock? It's on the top stair. If so, click on that....

• Edited November 12, 2021 12:40 pm  by  Honeyphan
Cyberfox277

11/12/21

I don't think it has anything to do with levels. I'm a new player, only level 11 for now, and I've had Faustus since the beginning. I don't really know what to recommend here, like I've said I'm a new player relaxed

Cyberfox277

11/12/21

Thank you relaxed But I've downloaded the game, I don't know if it's going to work, I'll try it again later. Thanks anyway grinning