Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

BF tried to fix game   Technical Issues

Started 10/13/21 by Merry1043; 6110 views.
snowmany

10/18/21

Just got reply from BF.  They want old friend code, then I have to download game again and provide NEW friend code, send approx. # coins, diamonds, and pets.  They can't update anything else, like avatars, eggs, cannot credit back progress in private rooms, avatars, achievements, puzzles, and active challenges or updates to seasonal collections.  So, tried, just for the heck of it, from reading above messages, to go in thru game manager.  NOPE!  Everything is back to zero.  I have a fairly good idea of the # of eggs, pet food, etc., but I don't know how to contact EF (EF.com?) and can't remember what the names of some of the eggs are.  Had A LOT of items in the craft area (like 4 1/2 pages worth). All my friends have vanished as well.  I've been playing this game for about 10 years now.  The last time it crashed it took me 2 years to build back up to my level at that time, and I can't see myself going thru that again.  So, it's been a nice ride. Good luck with all of you in getting your games back.  I played as Fiona and will kinda miss it, made some boring hours pass.

LvlSlgr

10/18/21

A lot of people have reported getting much better results from Elephant Games - the developers - than they were getting with Big Fish - the distributor.

The email address for Elephant Games is support@elephant-games.com 

Good luck!

snowmany

10/19/21

Thanks!  Will check it out in the morning. Well, when the sun comes up.  It's about 1:10 am where I live.  And I recognize you as one of my friends so if I can get you back. . .

Have a great day.  Fiona

NewbieOne

10/19/21

Hi there,

I'm still getting the 'Game is out of date...' screen whenever I try to play the game. I reached out to BFG. I don't have my game ID, should've written it down, hindsight! Don't know how to backup the game, either. Anyway, I received a coupon from BFG by way of apology for having a game I can't play. Sounds ominous about the future of Midnight Castle.

It sounds like some of you have been able to play some of the new Halloween events, while some of us are completely locked out. 

I have been playing this game for a long, long time. I don't have the heart to uninstall/reinstall and start all over again!! It's a nice game, but not that nice!!! It would be too frustrating and disheartening...

I'll try Elephant Games and see if they can help. Thank you to all of you who have posted about this technical issue and sharing your knowledge and experiences!

Tammy27 (DoubleMsMom)

10/19/21

It might help to post your game name here and see if anyone in the forum is one of your game friends who could then provide you with your game id number. 

NewbieOne

10/19/21

Hi there, Tammy27! What a great idea! Thank you for suggesting it!

My game name is Loren. 

Boy, I hope this helps! Thank you again so much for the suggestion!

Take care and stay well.

Tammy27 (DoubleMsMom)

10/19/21

You're welcome, happy to help!! Hope it works!!

Mara1022

10/20/21

Snowmany,

I used the list from the Guide in the Tips, Tricks thread here.  Then click on Pets.  This link might do it for you.  http://forums.delphiforums.com/midnightcastle/messages/40/1  Go down the various lists that AEGram was so kind to compile.   You'll likely recognize the names of pets you actually had, or most of them.  

Hope that helps.

• Edited October 20, 2021 7:36 am  by  Mara1022
Shylo (shylo2425)

10/21/21

Robert,

Just letting you know that I got everything back in my game including all achievements, pets, coins, diamonds, food, airship, stamps.... just all of it was replaced. I can't thank Elephant Games enough. I would never rely on BF, but I'm glad they helped you.

Shylo

snowmany

10/21/21

THanks ever so much for the tips.  I had collected all the pets, eggs, and stuff, just have to remember the approximate number of foods, # of eggs, and that will help.  Still have to contact EG (have had computer issues the last couple of days) and get that started.  Hope I can get the achievements back.  I had over 4 pages of craft items so that might be a bit dicey, but I'll make the attempt. So will contact EG later and get started.  HAGD. Snowmany