Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What is going on?   Welcome!

Started 12/9/21 by PaulaMonty; 4144 views.
Billye (BillyeLH)

12/14/21

I just finally got into the games after months of saying my game version was out of date.  So, my question is there any new pets?  I missed Halloween/Thanksgiving Event. I show there are Winter Birds, Merry Mice and Christmas toys to collect but the morph is still flower. In order words, what's going on?  I have no neighbors since I had to get a new ID once again.

Tammy27 (DoubleMsMom)

12/14/21

There was no Fall Event, it was cancelled by the developers because there was an issue with the Oct 4th update. Many players have lost their games or have other issues. I haven't played since Oct 5 and like many other players we are waiting for an update to fix the issue and the Christmas Event. You'll find many discussions about this in the Seasonal Events, CCs and Updates folder. Also some players had issues updating the Game Manager but is a separate issue from the MC issue. If you use Facebook there is an announcement, date Nov 18th, on Elephant Games and Midnight Castle pages.

The Mice, Birds and Toys are from last year's Christmas Event.

LadyAstra

12/14/21

BillyeLH,

It's a long story, and I'm not sure how long you've been out of the loop, so I'll just start from the beginning.  On October 4, we received an update which both added levels to the main storyline and started a Castle Challenge.  It did NOT contain any Fall Event material.  Unfortunately, this update seems to have started some sort of cascade instability (or worsened a pre-existing instability) which caused a number of problems across all three platforms. 

On the mild end, many players reported lag and stuttering, sometimes to the point that the game became virtually unplayable.  Many people reported more serious problems; inability to gift, the Social Page failing to load, the game randomly crashing, scenes not loading properly, and any number of other things.  Those few who attempted the Castle Challenge, which had a unique prize (temporary frames around your avatar) reported that they were not awarded.  Some people were, like yourself, "locked out" of their games by virtue of the game not loading or displaying various error messages.

In the most serious cases, a good many players reported that their games failed to save, and were sent back to Level 1.  Many of these players have been able to have their games restored partially or completely, but only by personally contacting either BF or EG and working directly with a customer service rep.  While initially only a few players had this issue, it seems to have become more widespread, and some players have had their games restored only to crash and erase again.  Many of us have not played at all since these problems began to be greatly widespread.  PC players seem to be the most vulnerable, although Android players and iPad players have reported similar problems (Android more than iPad).   Interestingly, some players have been able to continue playing with no problems, or just minor lag.  The problem does seem to be spreading, though, as I said.

EG is aware of the problems and attempting to fix them.  They cancelled the Fall Event, and have said that the Winter Event will be issued in mid-December, along with a fix for all the issues.  Until such time, we recommend not playing, or even opening your game, until we hear word that this has happened.

Astra

• Edited December 14, 2021 6:39 pm  by  LadyAstra