Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Living the Good Life in Delphi: Ghosts, Pets and Magic Reside Within   Oh the Absurdity!

Started 6/19/18 by mdpetdoc; 205514 views.
mdpetdoc

6/20/18

I have asked Charlie to talk to Klothilde about getting all the hoofed animals feet trimmed. Many are overdue. I suspect some will not be cooperative. 

• Edited June 20, 2018 9:33 pm  by  mdpetdoc

Was glad to hear the truth about Grim and reminded Wickerbat and Cash that they could live with me. Come to think about it, those 2 have practically become my pets, though I prefer furry children.

Jenny Wren was another issue but after reading the material and talking about it, we came to the only logical conclusion that we could.

As I hadn’t eaten yet, once I could relax and Doc had to get back to caring for the sick and injured, I got my coffee and breakfast.

After breakfast, I popped over to the library, there were some herbs that I wanted to look up and needed to find the right book before heading out to forage for some wild plant foods.

Di (amina046)

6/20/18

Greetings to 

Antio Gia Tora,

Tinker Belle and Luna from the paradisical isle of Capri, where I had to stop to pick up my darling parrot Sijui, whom I left to winter there, while I go skiing on the pole to help feeding the reindeers.

I expect to get a steamer to take me to Delphi in the next weeks to see if I can help with the Wren's miserable non-state. I never thought tht she would be heartless!

See you all very soon, ta ta

Di (amina046)

6/20/18

Well, Klothilde has a couple of centuries experience with unruly children and animals.

Before she came to my grandmother's household she had an affair with a lion tamer from a worldfamous circus. I certainly always stay out of the way of her whip. She learned to use it while she was living in the Argentines with a renowned gaucho.

So please doc do not worry about that.  However it would be nice to find a piano tuner, my instrument is always out of intervals after a change of hemisphere.

Ta ta

kat (vabreeze)

6/20/18

Sebastien dismounted from Pixiu in front of the cavern.   He unloaded the scrolls he had borrowed from the Muses on Mount Parnassus. He was continuing the work breeze had started by transcribing the documents into the laptop and then translating the documents in to English. He found that keeping his mind busy helped him get through the nights.  Although Pixiu was wise and a very good conversationalist and the animals were his constant companions, he felt alone.  He began to enter the cavern, only to be stopped by Pixiu’s mate.

“I am sorry Master Sebastien, but you cannot enter.”

Sebastien was surprised.  He looked at the Pixiu, who now had an ashamed expression.  He then turned to the other Pixiu, who now also had the same expression.

He was not angry at the Pixiu.  Obviously, someone had asked them to keep him out.  Of course, he could dematerialize and enter and the Pixiu would be unable to stop him.  But the Pixiu was ancient and wise creatures.  They were not pets, they were protectors and equal to himself.   The only reason they called him Master was out of respect and because he was their leader, not their owner.   The respect was mutual on Sebastien’s part.

He bowed towards them.    “Tian Lu.  Bi Xie,” he said, using their formal names.  “I am not angry with you.  If you do not want me to enter, so be it.”

“But I need access to my possessions and the laptop from my room. Also, I need access to the library. So I think it is about time I have a conversation with a certain group of ladies.  So if you do not mind, please take me to the Tea Room. 

Dear Ms Di - Anti,

If you would like to have alternate transportation to the extremely beautiful land of Delphi, Luna and I would be at a moments call.  

At any event, looking forward to meeting you and all.

Antio Gia Tora

Tinker Belle and Luna :)

Di (amina046)

6/20/18

That is very generous of you but with summerly thunderstorms and all I do not trust flying carpets, especially as we had a lots of moths recently. Axelrod will drive my car to Greece, but the roads through the Balcans are terrrrrible, and he always either breaks an axle or a rod.

Looking backward and forward to see you all soon

Tata

In reply toRe: msg 15
kat (vabreeze)

6/20/18

SEBASTIEN ENTERED THE TEA ROOM AND WALKED OVER TO THE TABLES WHERE DOC POPPET WAS SITTING WITH AME, TINKER BELLE, ANNA AND KATT.  HE PLACED THE BUNDLE CONTAINING THE SCROLLS ON A NEARBY TABLE.

“IT APPEARS THAT SOMEONE HAS “REQUESTED” THE PIXIU TO DENY ME ACCESS TO MY QUARTERS.  I AM NOT GOING TO ASK WHY.  I DO NOT HAVE TO.  HOWEVER, IT APPEARS THAT ONE OF YOU, OR MAYBE ALL OF YOU DO NOT TRUST ME. 

SEBASTIEN SIGHED.  “I CANNOT ACT AS A PROTECTOR WITHOUT TRUST. I AM TOO TIRED TO FIGHT GAIN IT. SO, I WILL RETURN TO ARTEMIS.  I ONLY ASK THAT YOU TREAT THE PIXIU FOR WHAT THEY ARE.  THEY ARE PROTECTORS, NOT PETS.  RESPECT THEM “

SEBASTIEN THEN PICKED UP HIS BAG.  “I WISH YOU WELL.” HE THEN DEMATERIALIZED OUT OF THE ROOM AND REAPPEARED OUTSIDE.  PIXIU LOOKED AT HIM. “YOU ARE NOT REALLY LEAVING, ARE YOU?”

“I AM TIRED.  NO MATTER WHAT I DO, IT SEEMS THAT NO ONE NEEDS ME.”

“THAT IS THE TIREDNESS TALKING.  YOU HAVE BEEN TRYING TO EXHAUST YOURSELF SINCE THE MISTRESS DISAPPEARED.  YOU DON’T SLEEP, YOU BARELY EAT.  PERHAPS, MATER SEBASTIEN, YOU NEED SOMEONE TO TAKE CARE OF YOU.  CLIMB ABOARD.”

SEBASTIEN MOUNTED  PIXIU.  PIXIU SPREAD HIS WINGS AND TOOK OFF.

“I AM TAKING YOU BACK TO YOUR QUARTERS AND BI XIE WILL LET YOU IN.  YOU WILL LIE DOWN AND YOU WILL REST. I WILL ASK THE LADIES FOR HELP.  YOU HAVE HELPED THEM WHEN THEY WERE IN DANGER.  IT IS ONLY FAIR THEY LOOK AFTER YOU.  WE WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU.

YOU TRUST ME, DO YOU NOT?”

TO MISTRESS CHARLIE, KATT, ANNA, AMETHYST, TINKER BELLE, AUNTIE ROO AND DOCTOR POPPET

TEA ROOM, MIDNIGHT CASTLE, DELPHI

GREETINGS, 

I AND MY MATE ARE LETTING MASTER SEBASTIEN GO INTO HIS QUARTERS.  HE HAS NOT SLEPT SOUNDLY SINCE THE MISTRESS LEFT.  HE DOES NOT EAT.  HE TRIES TO OVERWORK HIMSELF.  HE WILL BECOME ILL IF HE IS NOT ALREADY.

WE ARE WORRIED, THIS IS NOT GOOD.

TELL HIM YOU TRUST HIM.  HE CAN KEEP YOUR SECRETS. PLEASE TAKE CARE OF HIM.

SINCERELY YOURS,

PIXIU

mdpetdoc

6/20/18

Sebastien, wait. Please wait. It is not that we don't trust you. We just had not had a chance to tell you about the attempt to remove Grim from safety and medical care. We want to protect your chambers and the sealed areas of the castle from prying eyes. Please know we greatly appreciate and need you. We know you understand our desire for peace and to protect those still residing in Delphi. Please come back and have something to eat with us. I am not the cook that Mistress Katt is but my cooking is passable. 

• Edited June 20, 2018 11:33 pm  by  mdpetdoc

Doc Poppet is right Sebastien.  We do trust you.  Who else could have moved our books and records safely?   You need protection as much as we do.  Never think that we would turn our backs on you.  The pixiu know better than we do how to look after you and see that you get the sleep and rest that you need.

My cooking skills have lost a lot over the years but I am know for a decent Beef Stroganoff and Apricot Chicken.  My Stir Fries aren't that bad either. Haven't baked for decades so someone else will need to do the biscuits, cookies and puddings.