Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Living the Good Life in Delphi: Ghosts, Pets and Magic Reside Within   Oh the Absurdity!

Started 6/19/18 by mdpetdoc; 268507 views.

I have made it back after a long, upsetting day and an equally long, sleepless night.  Even though I re read one of my favourite light romances, I was still tossing and turning at 02:00 4 hours after turning of the light.  My mind was racing in 20 directions at once, my arm was aching like crazy, never has been right since the last two events.   I had made it to the end of content on Myrtle's game, had advanced from level 78 to 82 on Cattipuss over the last week, popped in to get the daily bonus and gift on Silky but forgot to move the nights, will I ever get that 30 day achievement?, then across to Trixie Belle to sell off more inventory in the hope that I can finally close that game. From the game with the least friends, 45, she now has the most at 127 friends.  She has no diamonds, not much event inventory, but one day she will be closed and that computer can finally die a dignified death.  It has served me well and faithfully for the last 10 years even though it runs Vista and no longer updates anything.  All I can do on it is play Trixe's game.

Like MDPetDoc, I have chose an crime story to go in my shoulder bag,  Wycliffe and the Scapegoat.   I will now go and chase the items needed to open the flag, then will check the office for Gabrielle, who has only recently appeared in Cat's game

In reply toRe: msg 50
Di (amina046)

6/23/18

I am sorry to have been away thru most of the hullabaloo to please Klothilde! But I am sure that all of this did not serve Sebastian well. Maybe a sojourn of a couple of weeks in Sebastopol would do him a lot of good. The Crimean has a wonderfully mild climate and Yalta being close by, he could get us valuable information about that conference.

I wont be with you late tonight, those long hours in the Montgolfière are very tiring and so I really just stopped by to see if the animals were safe and sound. So my dear friends I bid you all a good night and hopefully I can give you some information on my travel plans.

Tata

In reply toRe: msg 48

Dinner Menu

Herb crusted rack of lamb

Rosemary potatoes 

Stringbeans with garlic butter sauce

Note Sauce served on the side

Ceaser salad

Your choice of drink

Mixed Berry Pie for dessert.

I got to work chopping, mixing, stirring, marinating, etc to be ready on time to serve. Put condiments on tables, Mint jelly, Dijon mustard and mini warmers with the Garlic butter sauce.

Make sure the drink bars are each set up. All set, now I just need those finishing touches. Dinner is ready to be served folks.

Before everyone starts to arrive, I make up a tray for Sebastien and Charlie including a menu note and pop over to give it to them. Sebastien is awake and looks better when I arrive. “Hi to both of you. I brought you dinner, hope you like it.”

”Thank you,” they both say. Charlie takes the tray to the kitchen so they can eat in there.

”You are welcome. Sebastien, you are looking better, how are you feeling?” I ask as we follow her in there.

”Physically better, thank you and thank you for all of the meals and setting me on a better path.”

”No Thanks necessary, you take care of us so we should take care of you. I just hope you like my cooking. I need to get back to serve dinner. Enjoy, both of you.”

”We will,” Charlie says just before I pop back to the kitchen. A bowl of dog food and 1 of water for Buddy and now I am free to serve.

mdpetdoc

6/23/18

I’M READING MY MYSTERY WHEN I HEAR A LOT OF LOUD BANGING. IT SOUNDS LIKE DOORS OR SHUTTERS SLAMMING. I GET UP TO CHECK THE WINDOWS AND THE DRAGON ENTRYWAY AND ALL THE DOORS, WINDOWS, AND SHUTTERS ARE SECURE. THE BANGING IS GETTING LOUDER AND FASTER. ANNALEISE, IS THAT YOU? NO GIGGLING SO IT MUST NOT BE HER. I LOOK AT THE CLOCK AND REALIZE A NEW GAME DAY HAS STARTED. I GRAB MY LAPTOP TO SEE WHAT DQ I GOT AND TO START THE NEW CC TASK. I SLAP MY PALM TO MY HEAD. THE SUDDEN BANGING IS ALL THE PLAYERS OPENING ZOOM ZONES AS FAST AS THEY CAN. I WON’T BE READING MY BOOK FOR SEVERAL HOURS.

CINDER COMES INTO THE ROOM. HE IS VERY GLAD I MOVED TO THE UNOCCUPIED ROOM ON THE TOP FLOOR WITH THE DRAGON ENTRY. HE MUCH PREFERS TO STAY FULL SIZE AND NOW HE CAN STAY WITH ME OVERNIGHT WITHOUT SHRINKING. I ASK HIM WHERE PUFF HAS BEEN. I HAVEN’T SEEN MUCH OF HIM LATELY. HE SAYS, “POP” IS COURTING MOM. I LAUGH. I HAVE NEVER HEARD PUFF REFERRED TO AS POP. I DON’T UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU MEAN ABOUT COURTING MOM. WE LEFT HER FROZEN IN THE OLD REALM. CINDER EXPLAINS THAT MOM WAS PART OF THE GAME EARLY ON SO SHE EXISTS IN MOST OF THE REALMS. THE MOM THAT GAVE BIRTH TO HIM IS SEALED IN THE OLD REALM AND HE WILL NEVER SEE HER AGAIN BUT THE LADY DRAGON IN EACH REALM RECOGNIZES HIM THROUGH MATERNAL INSTINCT AND HER TRAITS ARE ALMOST IDENTICAL TO HIS MOM’S. SHE COULD NOT COME WITH US AND RISK HAVING TWO OF HER IN THE SAME REALM. IT WOULD HAVE UPSET THE BALANCE TOO MUCH. WHENEVER HE WANTS TO FEEL CLOSE TO MOM, HE LISTENS FOR HER FROM THE ELVEN SANCTUARY AND VISITS WHICHEVER REALM SEEMS LOUDEST. PUFF, BECAUSE HE CAME FROM THE ISLANDS AND IS NOT PART OF THE GAME, HAD TO LEAVE THE OLD REALM AS HE DOESN’T EXIST IN MORE THAN ONE REALM. IT ALSO MEANS THAT NONE OF THE LADY DRAGONS IN THE OTHER REALMS HAVE EVER MET HIM. HE MISSES HIS MATE TERRIBLY AND IS HOPING TO FIND ROMANCE WITH ONE OF THEM. THIS REALM DOESN’T HAVE A LADY DRAGON AS IT WAS CREATED BEFORE SHE WAS.

AS I LISTEN TO CINDER, THE BANGING SUBSIDES AND I DRIFT OFF TO SLEEP DREAMING OF DOPPLEGANGERS. DAMN, I’M ANOTHER DAY BEHIND ON THE CC.

I’VE SLEPT MOST OF THE DAY AND WAKE TO DELICIOUS SMELLS. I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE WHAT AME HAS FOR DINNER. I’M STARVING AND THOSE SMELLS ARE MAKING MY MOUTH WATER AND MY STOMACH GRUMBLE.

I wake to the  smell of a lamb roast, I'd definitely give up a date with Tom Cruise for a lamb roast,  and stumble, bleary eyed, to the tea room.  It seems that I will now be having dinner for breakfast and breakfast for dinner, yesterday's today, seeing my time zone is so far ahead.  I shake my head and wonder if I have missed a day's meal, I am feeling so empty.

I remember eating a Lamb Korma with long grain rice for tea (as we call dinner down here where I am), settling down with the lap top and quests for Gabrielle, a nice bottle of Yellowglen Soft Pink Rose and a wine glass.  It still tasted good, even though it had been in the fridge since December 2015 (I don't drink a lot as you can probably tell)  I was so tired, after the turmoil and hoped it might put me to sleep.  Hah!!!!!!!!  Not at all, still my regular mode of tossing and turning, tossing and turning. 

After playing the game for a while and advancing another 1,500 in experience, listening to a silly detective show, "Shakespeare and Hathaway" with no ads, doing several HOS and jigsaw puzzles to win the duplicates of the items I had already won from the HOS thought it was time for book. Took the book "Wycliffe and the Scapegoat" a couple of peppermints and retired to my room for the night.  I read for a couple hours, Myrtle snuggled beside me, turned of the light and tried to sleep.

Di (amina046)

6/23/18

OMG! Capri is really not a good place to land a hot air balloon. It is too small! Is that where the word capricious has its origin?  But we finally made it and I went straight to get my naughty lovely parrot Sijui. He is my inspiration.

Tomorrow I shall go to the renowned WiseOwl Travel Agency to inquire about our transportation.

I almost forgot to tell you that I sent you a balalaika and I hoped that Puff could play it for Sebastian. I am sure that its sweet cords could heal his dislocated soul.

for you and Ame I am bringing a variety of sweetmeats, such as reindeer filet, ostrich wings, dragonfly etc. i shall also purchase a considerable amount of pasta and a dozen baker’s dozen pizzas. If there is something you need for the kitchen or pantry, tell Ame to send me a SWALLOW message.

Till I see you dear collegue,

tata

kat (vabreeze)

6/23/18

The Legend of Pixiu

High in the heavens resides the Jade Emperor, sovereign of all the Gods, immortals and humans. Here too resides the Dragon God, dispenser of rain and controller of all moving bodies of water.  It is he who is king to all dragons and who controls all the creatures of the rivers and of the seas.

The Dragon God had nine sons, each of who protect certain aspects of mortal life below.  The youngest, Pixiu, was his favorite and as such was spoiled.  Although Pixiu was normally a well mannered child, he sometimes could be mischievous. 

One day Pixiu was playing on the Dragon God’s desk and accidentally shattered the seal of office that represented the power of the Dragon God. His father became angry and turned his son into a fierce creature, proclaiming that henceforth Pixiu could only eat gold and silver.  His rectum was then sealed so that Pixiu could collect wealth, but never lose it. He was sent to patrol between the Heaven and Earth, protecting humans from evil and harm.  Since gold and silver are not always readily available, Pixiu became able to drain the essence of evil creatures, converting their darkness into wealth.  

Over time, “Pixiu” cane to mean “fierce creature” or “brave warrior” and became synonymous with “army”.   He is fearless in battle, and it is said his battle cry alone can topple a thousand warriors. Pixiu also gained a feminine aspect, hence Pixiu is now depicted as a male-female pair.  Tian Lu, the male pixiu, actively patrols the heavens searching out evil and brings wealth.  Bi Xie, the female, tends to stay closer to home, guarding the home against evil spirits and guards the wealth.

Pixiu is extremely loyal and devoted to those Pixiu considers master.  When its master passes from this earthly realm, Pixiu helps its master ascend to Heaven by carry them on their back.    

I hope you have enjoyed my history. 

PIXIU

Dear Pixiu

Re: Your history 

i enjoy joy learning about other, especially the creation of creatures/beings like yourself. Thank you very much for sharing.

I have come into possession of the tea room and found the gold Katt put aside for you and your mate. I look forward to seeing you both.

Sincerely yours

Ame

kat (vabreeze)

6/24/18

Pixiu was following a trail.

Soon after Sebastien had eaten, he once again collapsed and was assisted back to his bed by Charlie, Sugar and Spice. Unfortunately it was not a restorative sleep; he seemed to be having nightmares. As if there was some danger he could intuitively sense.

Sebastien is a Protector.  The Goddess told him his job was not yet completed and re-assigned him to protect the ladies. Ergo, there is still danger or the possibility of danger. But in order to protect, Sebastien need to recover.

Pixiu left his mate to guard the cavern entrance.  He then asked the griffon and lions to patrol the area. He next went to Tea Room and called to the shishi guard to be alert.

There is no visible danger.

He doubled back to the Cavern.  Hovering at the entrance, he took a deep breath and concentrated.

There it was.  Just a whisper, very faint, but there.  He breathed it in and followed the trail. As he flew, his stomach began to fill.  He realized what he was following and where it would lead him.

To the nexus of the realms.

It seems that I am over cooking as only Doc and Tinkerbell show up to eat. I serve them their meals and drinks and leave them eat thinking that there will be others. A couple of gnomes walk in but they aren’t only thirsty. Oh well, left overs are great to have around for those who need snacks; besides nost foods taste better the next day anyway.

once everyone was done and away doing their own thing and all was clean and orderly again, I got out my nearly forgotten computer and headed to what has become my favorite windowed corner table and chair in the main area and set it up. Darn, it needs to recharge the battery before I can play. I plug it in and give it a few minutes. I kill time by going over to the Wheel of Fortune and give it a spin just for fun. I win a free spin and spin again; I get a bag of simple pet food and it appears in front of me. Well, I have something more to feed Buddy with. Back to the computer.

It boots up nicely this time and soon I am in my game. Let’s see,  1 stamp for coming back, a pile of gifts from friends, I lost a couple of friends along the way (gift what I can), Play Trina’s slot machine (get idea) win nothing, spin wheel and win a pet egg that I don’t need and on to playing hos scenes. I am done playing in a little over an hour as I am only halfway through the levels.

Still not tired which is surprising considering the busy day I have had, I take Buddy for a walk and follow his lead. We head for the pet enclosure and once there all of the forgotten pets are happy to see us. I end up spending the night there with them giving them the loving attention that they are missing. Naturally, it was playtime for Buddy.