Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Living the Good Life in Delphi: Ghosts, Pets and Magic Reside Within   Oh the Absurdity!

Started 6/19/18 by mdpetdoc; 274680 views.
mdpetdoc

6/24/18

WOW. THAT WAS A DELICIOUS DINNER. AME SURE OUTDID HERSELF. TIME TO CHECK ON THE PETS. MY AMULET IS BUZZING. IT WILL HAVE TO WAIT. I CALL FOR CINDER TO TAKE ME TO THE ELVEN SANCTUARY. I LISTEN CAREFULLY AND FIND THE ANIMAL IN DISTRESS. I TOUCH MY AMULET TO TAKE ME THERE AND CINDER FOLLOWS.

I AM IN A NEW REALM. IT IS A BIT DARK AND DREARY AND THE AREA SEEMS VERY POOR. I HOLD ONTO MY AMULET AND IT DIRECTS ME TO MY PATIENT WHO TURNS OUT TO BE A HORSE WITH AN ABSCESS IN ITS LEFT FRONT FOOT. I PARE OUT THE ABSCESS AND PACK THE FOOT. THE HORSE LOOKS THIN. I WILL BE BACK TOMORROW TO REPACK THE FOOT (AND WILL BRING HAY AND GRAIN).

I RETURN TO THE TEA ROOM LOOKING FOR CHARLIE BUT SHE ISN’T THERE SO I HEAD TO THE ANIMAL ENCLOSURES EXPECTING TO FIND HER LOVING AND CARING FOR ALL THE PETS. I DON’T FIND CHARLIE BUT I FIND AME. IT IS CHAOTIC. THE CATS AND DOGS ARE LEAPING THROUGH THE AIR CHASING BUTTERFLIES. GHOST KITTEN SAM HAS CAUGHT ONE. I TAKE IT FROM HIM AND DISCOVER IT ISN’T A BUTTERFLY. IT’S A MORPHING FLOWER. MUST BE TODAY’S CC TASK WHICH I HAVE YET TO START. AME AND I LAUGH AS WE WATCH THE CATS DOING BACKFLIPS AND OTHER ACROBATIC FEATS AS THEY ATTEMPT TO CATCH THE MORPHING FLOWERS. THEIR ACUTE VISION IS MAKING IT MUCH EASIER FOR THEM THAN IT IS FOR THE DOGS OR GAME PLAYERS. THE GHOST PLAYERS ARE HAVING A PARTICULARLY DIFFICULT TIME AS THEY PASS THROUGH THE FLOWERS AND THE FLOWERS PASS THROUGH THEM.

Ame,  I really enjoyed the meal.   I know it is hard for you to plan menus when you don't know how many people are coming in to eat.  Because my hours are erratic, me being at the bottom of the world, I really don't mind pulling something out of the freezer and re heating it.  It still tastes good, especially as I do not have to cook it for myself.  

I agree that table in the window is the best.  I get a great view of a starry peaceful night. The lions are quietly patrolling, the cubs are still sleeping with Sebastien and Ghost Sam.  

I had come from the game for it was time for a bit of rest.  It had been a slow day, gifted friends, received gifts, took down wish list until next Friday, spent time with Salty, checked out the Fire Spring and the Antique shop, spent coin to unlock the next ZZ needed, picked up some unique dishes for the tea shop, found another pyramid in the Shining Split, and rummaged through the mine cart for another Tea Pot for Ame to use.

That done I washed the dishes I had use, along with those that I had found, fed Myrtle and went to read my book for a while.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

6/25/18

I land on the floor of the tea room.

Somehow I got turned around.

"Dammit Randy!!! You'll bend my spoons!"  I whirl around but Randy is not there.

Neither is PTG or anyone else I know.

"Where am I- HEY A PICKLE!" I am distracted by a sumptuous spread on the tables and flit over.

And I find myself standing right in the middle of the buffet.  Literally.

I look down at my non-corporeal body, thankfully clothed this time, and come to the realisation that I am a ghost.

"Aw crap!"

As I am leaving to go and read my book I am distracted by a rattling of plates and cutlery in the middle of the buffet table.

Slowly I turn, raise my book as a weapon and stop dumbfounded, mouth agape.  There in the middle of the buffet, thankfully just to the left of the Bain Marie, is an ethereal figure, clad in what I can only imagine to be the latest creation from that great Haute Couture establishment, The House of Schpadoinkle.   It was a truly amazing fashion statement, the like of which I have never ever seen before.

"J.J.J. Jenifer", I stutter,  "Wh, Where on earth or not on earth, did you come from" 

I stand there like a dummy, which is odd because I have seen a ghost before, my father, but he was dressed in corduroy gardening trousers, a flannelette shirt and his golfing cap, which was a surprise because the last time I had seen him at 3:00 in the morning, he was on the floor, in his pyjamas, beside the bed with the ambulance men working on him.  As I passed the bedroom door in my mother's wake, I could tell by the colour of his face they they would have to call it soon.

I waited for Jenifer, who was standing there among the remains of the buffet, with a startled expression on her face, to speak.

kat (vabreeze)

6/25/18

Pixiu landed in the center of the nexus. Radiating out were ten threads, each leading to a portal.  Nine of the portals glowed, the tenth was black. That was the portal of the void through which Mistress Breeze had passed.  Malevolence oozed through this portal into two others, the one from which he just emerged and a second portal.  He went to the second portal.  He could sense evil there as well, not as strong as through the tenth portal, but there. The other seven portals were sealed.

Pixiu looked back at the dark portal.  It should be sealed, but he had not sensed his mistresses’ death.  She was wearing the Goddess’ protection when she went through, she still maybe safe. But as long as the portal remained open the evil that was Murk’s would flow out into the other realms.  There was also Sebastien to consider.  He was needed where he was.  Pixiu always feared that Sebastien would come back to the nexus.

The mythology in the realm Sebastien resided was not Pixiu’s mythology.  However, there are counterparts. So as he requested of the Jade Emperor and the Dragon God for assistance, Pixiu was answered by Zeus.

“She will be safe.”  Pixiu watched and saw the tenth portal begin to glow as the others.  The portal then sealed and a snow globe appeared in front of it.  The snow globe disappeared. “Hypnos has been sent to Sebastien.  He will recover.”

Two portals remained open. He could sense Mistresses Katt, Roo and Angel through the one he stood before.  They needed protection. 

Suddenly a presence passed through the portal. The presence went through him and then through the other portal.  His portal.

Pixiu knew two things.  The presence was female and not evil.

He followed. 

In reply toRe: msg 64
Di (amina046)

6/25/18

OMG! I am quite out of breath after climbing the 922 Phoenician steps up to Anacapri to visit the WiseOwl travel agency. They have good news ! They have booked passage for me and my faithfulls and our cargo on HMGS ENDEAVOUR ,a.k.a Her Majesty’s Ghost Ship)

which will sail on July 2nd, coinciding with Delphi’s National Day of Rest.

I hope that you and your faithfuls enjoy a nice relaxing sea voyage.  The Endeavour looks to have many places for you all to have a good view of the seascape as you travel, plenty of room for hammocks and deck chairs,  

Do your friends have a liking for deck tennis and shuffleboard?  I have heard that they are popular past times on board.

Fair sailing to you and your pals.

Di (amina046)

6/25/18

Thank you y dear friend! But I must tell you that while I waswaiting for the Agent to carefully write our manifest into his ledgers, I swithched on my TVPrompter and you wont believe what I saw!

There, right there, in the middle of your Tearoom!

In reply toRe: msg 67
Di (amina046)

6/25/18

Is that Ame?and Sebastian? No wonder he is tired all day! I have the impression that Human ressources is not in good hands.

It is high time to get those ghostly apparitions, if that is what I saw, under someone's supervision. 

Surely alcohol must be the cause for such carrying on!

The Best of Strauss

Subscribe for more classical music: http://bit.ly/YouTubeHalidonMusic Listen to our playlist "The best of classical music" on Spotify: http://spoti.fi/2nv7mv...

In reply toRe: msg 68
Di (amina046)

6/25/18

I must send Axelrod to get a case or two of Limoncello for Cindykat and Crystal, they seem to be very partial to the stuff. I used to think it was some kind addition to bathwater.

oh so much to think of before we sail! I do not know what presents to bring for the ghosts, veils? Or chilly huffs and puffs? That people could feel when they pass by?

much to think, little time!

Tata