Motorcycle Views Forum

Hosted by PoppyMoto (Walter_Kern)|motorcycleviews.com

The Motorcycle Views Forum is a gathering place for motorcyclists riding all brands of motorcycles. Our knowledgeable and experienced members are always ready to assist newcomers to learn more about motorcycles. This forum is part of the Motorcycle Views Web site run by Walter Kern.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Getting back   General Discussion

Started Sep-30 by mtlcowgirl1; 158 views.
mtlcowgirl1

Sep-30

I am trying to get the place back together again.  Who's in?

Karen (mtlcowgirl)

agray220

Oct-5

Hi,

I’m retired , live in No. VA (DC suburbs).  Ride a Harley Roadking, a BMW R1200RS, and Triumph Bonneville. I ride every chance I get. Bought my first MC, a Honda 350, in 1969.  How many bikes should you own?  One more than you have.

Al

JOHNNIEG2756

Oct-6

I ended up with two bad knees and had to sell my Ultra after 16 riding seasons. Had 122,496 miles on it.  Road tested a Road King the other day and what a difference.  Very low center of gravity.  I’ve got three bikes and couldn’t bring myself to trading in any of them and don’t want four bikes again.  Wish I had never demoed the RK. I have a 07 Softail Custom, a 1998 Ultra with Harley side car and bought a 14 Trike last fall so my wife would ride with me. I had a Triumph Speed Master and an R-50 BMW and an R-69 with a German hack.  I started riding in the 60’s when we lived in CA.  Better stop before you start yawning

mtlcowgirl1

Oct-6

Good one.  I wish :)

ne243

Oct-10

Karen, best wishes on getting everyone rounded up! I will try to make it in more often, but it seems like I've always got a fire or two to put out (figuratively).

Any way, I've got a 2011 Ultra Classic that has taken me 77,000 miles so far. I keep rotating second bikes in and out, an XL1200R, 1150GS, KlR, so on. I waste a lot of riding days farming, but hope to slide that to the lower end of the scale one of these days.

Dave

In reply toRe: msg 5
mtlcowgirl1

Oct-10

Do what you can, Dave.  Any riding is good riding.