Motorcycle Views Forum

Hosted by PoppyMoto (Walter_Kern)|motorcycleviews.com

The Motorcycle Views Forum is a gathering place for motorcyclists riding all brands of motorcycles. Our knowledgeable and experienced members are always ready to assist newcomers to learn more about motorcycles. This forum is part of the Motorcycle Views Web site run by Walter Kern.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Happy Birthday Scottski   Off Topic

Started Jul-26 by Z1000Dan; 60 views.
Z1000Dan

Jul-26

Happy Birthday Scott (De Bear) and many more !

mtlcowgirl1

Jul-26

Happy 365 revolutions around the sun, pal.  Get spoiled.

Scottski

Jul-30

Dan ( and Karen ),

Thanks for the Happy Birthday wishes. I had a good day, although it was somewhat bittersweet. One of the True Gentlemen of the South passed away on Thursday the 23rd and his funeral service was last Sunday. Mr Jack Hatcher was 99 years old and had been a fixture in the fabric of my life from "day 1". It was sad to say goodbye.

On the other hand, I saw some old friends from my childhood whom I had not seen for more than 50 years. Two of Jack's Great Nephews who spent every summer in my hometown when we were young came for the service. We didn't recognize each other on sight, but David said he knew who I was as soon as he heard my voice. In spite of the sad occasion it was good to see them again. That was a pretty nice birthday present!

Thanks again for thinking of me!

Scott

mtlcowgirl1

Aug-2

99 is an honorable age to pass away.  We can't keep them forever, unfortunately.

mtlcowgirl1

Aug-2

99 is an honorable age to pass away.  We can't keep them forever, unfortunately.  You are blessed to have known him, Scott.