Motorcycle Views Forum

Hosted by PoppyMoto (Walter_Kern)|motorcycleviews.com

The Motorcycle Views Forum is a gathering place for motorcyclists riding all brands of motorcycles. Our knowledgeable and experienced members are always ready to assist newcomers to learn more about motorcycles. This forum is part of the Motorcycle Views Web site run by Walter Kern.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Katana 1100 suddenly running crappy   General Discussion

Started Sep-7 by Masx (Bobxxx); 22 views.
Masx (Bobxxx)

Sep-7

Hi. I have a Suzuki Katana 1100. The bike is a 1989 I bought it then.

I rode it several days ago and it ran great with full power. Then I took it out last night and it was running bad. Like a plug had fouled. I had not idled it at all. So can't say that's what it was. I tried revving it in 2nd to try and clear the foul. However it seems like it happened too suddenly to be a fouled plug. I'm not sure if a plug can suddenly go bad after riding it, putting it away and starting again?

It was underground parking so weather had nothing to do with it. When I first tried to crank it over I had no connection until I tried the side-stand up and down but nothing, and then finally moved my windscreen up and down with the switch and it got a connection and started.

Plugs replaced in 2017 and had no signs of anything wrong.  I limped home and it never improved.  It seems electrical but I don't know where to start looking? Could a fuse do this? Or a loose wire somewhere?

Any ideas much appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob