Enjoy Delphi Forums ad free!Click here.
Exhaust -  O2 sensor jumped/bypessed (4354 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: rij1  (7 of 19) 
 30440.7 in reply to 30440.5 
Yep, that looks like the jumper that came with my Power Commander.  If you're sure you don't have a P.C., then remove the jumper and plug your O2 sensor in it's place.  Like I said, if you end up not using the jumper, I'd like to buy it to use with my Power Commander.
P.S.  The P.C. is usually plugged into the small auxiliary connector under the seat for power, with a small red wire supplying power to the P.C..  The PC also plugs into the connectors behind the chrome cover between the cylinders on the right side, but you may not recognize them if you're not familiar with how they connect.  It is a 'T' shaped harness that inserts into the bikes regular harness there, between the bikes original connectors.
  • Edited July 4, 2015 4:16 pm  by  Route6T6

To: Route6T6  (8 of 19) 
 30440.8 in reply to 30440.7 

I'll send it out to you for the shipping. I checked everywhere on the bike but didn't find any Pc. Removed both left and right covers, seat and tank and looked around. I am familiar with the pc and cobra as I have a roadstar warrior so I know what to look for I have 1 more place to look and that's next to the battery but I doubt it's there. I did find some info on the piece you want though.

It's called an O2 Optimizer.
The system is designed to read the Oxygen sensor under certain conditions and temporarily change the air / fuel ratio. The closed loop circuit has a very limited operating range, which is only in effect while holding a steady speed at certain rpm's and throttle positions. In this limited area, the stock system (with or without the Power Commander) will gradually and temporarily lean out the air fuel ratio in an attempt to achieve an air / fuel ratio of 14.7:1 (stochiometric). The Oxygen sensors can be disconnected but this will trip the F.I. dash warning light.

Designed to read the Oxygen sensor under certain conditions and temporarily change the air / fuel ratio.At some motorcycles, you have to disconnect the O2 Sensor cable so that the engine electronics accepted the revised values from Power Commander III USB and the performance can be increased.

the PC5 include the O2 optimizer. If the stock O2 sensor is active, it would override any fuel changes made by the Power Commander in the closed loop engine range, and basically make the fueling as it would be stock in that range. The optimizer disables the stock O2 sensor, so that the Power Commander can tune the fuel curve across all RPMs and throttle positions. If your map claims it needs the O2 sensor disconnected, then they have modified the fuel mapping in the closed loop section and if you do not have the optimizer, it would benefit your application as the changes they have made will not be applied in certain sections of the map without the optimizer.

Dynojet oxygen sensor kits are used on some European motorcycles that have oxygen sensors. The kit disables the closed loop system and enables the Power Commander to adjust the fuelling in this area. (note - two required for Honda VFR800 models)

A 'closed loop clean air' system is used on some bikes to read the Oxygen sensor (lamda) located in the exhaust pipe and, under certain conditions, temporarily change the air/fuel ratio to the stochiometric value of 14.7:1. This is to provide a chemically efficient burn for low rpm cruising and to aid emissions. The closed loop circuit has a very limited operating range, which is only in effect while holding a steady speed at certain rpm's and throttle positions. Any adjustments to the Power Commander will have no effect in this area, as the bikes system re-adjusts accordingly to 14.7:1. This ratio, while good for the enviroment, creates flat spots and a lack of torgue that is required in certain instances, even in the low rpm area. The Oxygen sensors can be disconnected but this will trip the F.I. warning light on the bikes dash.

• Edited July 5, 2015 3:56 am  by  rij1

To: rij1  (9 of 19) 
 30440.9 in reply to 30440.8 
All good to know info.  Thanks for your sharing your research and knowledge on the O2 sensor and its application.  I added a link in the Wiki to your post, In  the 'Info' section under >Exhaust / O2 Sensor Operation Info.  It's useful knowledge.
  P.S.  Thanks for your offer on the O2 Optimizer Plug.  I'll send you a PM with my info and we can exchange info for the
payment & shipping.  You can likely send it via a 'USPS' Priority Mail package for $5.85 (or less).
  • Edited July 5, 2015 10:32 am  by  Route6T6

To: Route6T6  (10 of 19) 
 30440.10 in reply to 30440.9 

Weird, I bought my bike used, it had a stock pipe on it. I put on a d&d myself. I noticed a plug in there that was not plugged into anything and it's obviously there for the 02. It is not plugged in and no dash light? Also it is empty with no little "thingy" like yours has? I don't want to plug it in as my bike runs like s champ! If it aint broke don't fix it!!!!

To: ZAPPATIME  (11 of 19) 
 30440.11 in reply to 30440.10 

Can you post a picture?

To: rij1  (12 of 19) 
 30440.12 in reply to 30440.11 

Lemme see if I can figure that out tonight? I have been wondering how my bike can run so good w/out that plugged in? Was that way when I bought it with stock pipes. I put the d&d on myself and didn't notice. My mechanic said "this wasn't plugged in  when you brought it to me so I ain't gonna plug it in now and open up a can of worms". No one out my way knows a damn thing about this bike. I had to find out the hard way that I have aftermarket intake drippin oil all over my engine.

From: RW (VTwinNut) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host8/6/15 12:06 AM 
To: ZAPPATIME  (13 of 19) 
 30440.13 in reply to 30440.12 
Your profile is blank so Where is "Out my Way"?

To: RW (VTwinNut) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (14 of 19) 
 30440.14 in reply to 30440.13 

Nashua NH. I have a great mechanic but he is goin in blind with my bike...

To: RW (VTwinNut) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (15 of 19) 
 30440.15 in reply to 30440.13 

I never realized my thing was blank, just filled it out...

From: RW (VTwinNut) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host8/6/15 4:29 PM 
To: ZAPPATIME  (16 of 19) 
 30440.16 in reply to 30440.15 
Thanks for filling it in.

We like to know where folks are as it makes it easier to refer
folks to service or find someone close to lend a hand.

Navigate this discussion: 1-6 7-16 17-19
Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.