Political Beat-down and Flames -  Gays and the New SC Term (352 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: RGoss99  (21 of 26) 
 104580.21 in reply to 104580.20 

RGoss99 saihd...

Living outside the U.S. for 20 years, I am constantly amazed at the primitive issues that concern many Americans.

I have lived in the US for all my life and it still is amazing to me what gets right wingers tighty whities all twisted up.

regards,

Pat  cool

Harry Truman

Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in fear."
[Special Message to the Congress on the Internal Security of the United States, August 8, 1950]

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it - Samuel Clemens

“The mind of a bigot is like the pupil of the eye. The more light you shine on it, the more it will contract.”

Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. - Aldous Huxley

Reply   Options 

To: Equality4ALL (KINGPACO2) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (22 of 26) 
 104580.22 in reply to 104580.18 

I'd like to see federal appointments be limited to a few years rather than life, but I will never see that in my lifetime.

To: Pat (Pat012)  (23 of 26) 
 104580.23 in reply to 104580.21 

Living in the U.S. change is incremental. Until my mother died, I used to visit once a year, so was always surprised at the degredation of the infrastructure from one year to the next. Living on a dollar pension, when the Clinton dollar bottomed by the Bush II dollar, and Obama almost brought it back, only to have lost 10-12 cents under Tump, I am reminded of the change when I deposit my dollar check. In America, the decline is incremental in terms of quality of life, increase in prices on specific ítems, and lack of services, the individual is less likely to notice the decline. 

I have full medical here, with a cost of about 75€ per month, gave up medicare and my top of the line American insurance because it was not only more expensive, but, needing several medications to survive, the U.S. copayment 5$ for one which I get free, only costs 2.50$ if I did not have insurance here, exactly the same product.

To: RGoss99  (24 of 26) 
 104580.24 in reply to 104580.23 

RGoss99 said...

Living in the U.S. change is incremental. Until my mother died, I used to visit once a year, so was always surprised at the degredation of the infrastructure from one year to the next.

I understand completely, my mother who was 93 died this spring.  It is a very helpless feeling, when you see a parent go.

RGoss99 said...

Living on a dollar pension, when the Clinton dollar bottomed by the Bush II dollar, and Obama almost brought it back, only to have lost 10-12 cents under Tump, I am reminded of the change when I deposit my dollar check. In America, the decline is incremental in terms of quality of life, increase in prices on specific ítems, and lack of services, the individual is less likely to notice the decline. 

As surprising as it is, this action of the declining dollar is exactly what right winger vote to promote, when the vote for people like Reagan, Bush II and OleTrumpetboy.

Bush I was a little better, he did put some effort to help the economy, and his right wing base stabbed him in the back.

RGoss99 said...

I have full medical here, with a cost of about 75€ per month, gave up medicare and my top of the line American insurance because it was not only more expensive, but, needing several medications to survive, the U.S. copayment 5$ for one which I get free, only costs 2.50$ if I did not have insurance here, exactly the same product.

You would be foolish to do otherwise.

regards,

Pat  cool

Harry Truman

Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in fear."
[Special Message to the Congress on the Internal Security of the United States, August 8, 1950]

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it - Samuel Clemens

“The mind of a bigot is like the pupil of the eye. The more light you shine on it, the more it will contract.”

To: Pat (Pat012)  (25 of 26) 
 104580.25 in reply to 104580.24 

Here is a little "national health" (E.U. style) adventure I had a few years back.

First, I live in the sticks, village clinic has banker´s hours, next village (8k away) has 24:7, as does the county hospital (30k)

I grow much of my food on my roof garden, and discovered snails must have wings, so I put out poison for them

One day, I forgot to wash my lettuce and poisoned myself. What started out as the runs turned out to be losing 1k a day before 

I accepted the fact that I had a problem. Figured it out, called the number on the snail poison box in Madrid.

Was told that this was serious, and that I should not drive. But was given instructions, pack a bag, bring a book, lock the house

and sit on the front step. Ambulance arrived within 30 minutes. Strapped in, handed over my national identity card (access to everything

concerning me). Ambulance attendant took my vitals, and checked my records, via my identity card. 25 minutes arrived at the hospital.

Admittance process limited to checking my I.D. woke up next morning in a pleasant room for two, with lots of tubes. told I would have

to stay another night to make sure my body was independent. Next morning checked, given a perscription, and told that someone from

my village would give me a lift home via the pharmacy (where my perscription was already waiting). Hospital clean, efficient, friendly, total

cost to me, nothing.

To: RGoss99  (26 of 26) 
 104580.26 in reply to 104580.25 

The ironic part, the generation, my mother and father's generation, after WWII paid for the system you have thru the Marshall Plan.  What Republicans agreed that something that was good for everyone else wasn't good for Americans.  The fact is that we could have the same health insurance program in America, if Republicans were not a party of idiots.

regards,

Pat  cool

Harry Truman

First Discussion>>

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-20 21-26
Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.