Politics 4 the Civil Minded -  Political Correctness Destroying America (40862 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: ElDotardo DelphiPlus Member Icon  (31 of 4245) 
 17927.31 in reply to 17927.30 
Nothing in that I can disagree with. I've always admired Dr. Sowell since I first heard him substituting for Rush, and have several of his books.

Conservative HQ

Diverse City

Coffee Shop Gossip

photo rino_crosshairs.jpg

If you are an American “suspicious of centralized federal authority, reverent of individual liberty,” display a bumper sticker, own gold, are pro-life or even fly a U.S. flag, YOU are deemed a potential domestic threat by our own government. - SOURCE

Reply   Options 

To: TEXAS_RED2 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (32 of 4245) 
 17927.32 in reply to 17927.31 

Well, this is a surprise, eh?

Sexual Assault In Military Up Sharply Under Obama

Instead of the imaginary war on women they accuse others of, they could actually investigate and better police the actual offenses against women (and men).

Via USA Today:

WASHINGTON — A report showing that sexual assaults in the military jumped by more than one-third since 2010 led Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel on Tuesday to order the armed services to take immediate steps to curb the problem among troops.

Sexual assault, Hagel said, strikes at the core of the military.

“This department may be nearing a stage where the frequency of this crime and the perception that there is tolerance of it could very well undermine our ability to effectively carry out the mission and to recruit and retain the good people we need,” Hagel said.

Pentagon estimates of how many troops are sexually assaulted show the numbers increased by 35% since 2010, from 19,300 service members believed to be victims that year to 26,000 in 2012, according to a Defense Department survey released Tuesday.

Keep reading…

To: ElDotardo DelphiPlus Member Icon  (33 of 4245) 
 17927.33 in reply to 17927.32 

No, it's not a surprise. I'm sure MEN are raped as well as women.

But we should at least bring this disgrace out in the open.

Women are CAPABLE of being warriors, but as they are those who produce the children that carries our species forward, they should not be exposed to things of this nature...the horrors of war.

I have no doubt there are tough women who if some loser tried to put the make on them could handle them quite well and leave them screaming on the floor. But should we put our women in this position?

It's a hard question to answer, and I'm not the one to decide.

Conservative HQ

Diverse City

Coffee Shop Gossip

If you are an American “suspicious of centralized federal authority, reverent of individual liberty,” display a bumper sticker, own gold, are pro-life or even fly a U.S. flag, YOU are deemed a potential domestic threat by our own government. - SOURCE

To: TEXAS_RED2 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (34 of 4245) 
 17927.34 in reply to 17927.33 

Hard question? Putting young women in close contact with men at the height of their testosterone production?

Nah, it's not a hard question, but political correctness demands that we ignore the easy answer.

To: ElDotardo DelphiPlus Member Icon  (35 of 4245) 
 17927.35 in reply to 17927.34 

I'm going to go out on a limb and say MOST young women are not suited for a military career, especially if it includes combat.

I was approached as a senior in college to go to OCS (because of my excellent grade average, I'm sure) but I declined because I was engaged, going to be married, and wasn't at all interested. When I told Sarge about it, he laughed his head off. Of course I was annoyed at him but he was right, I would have not done well.

Yes, women are somewhat different now in that there are almost no careers that are not open to them today. However, some of us are simply NOT SUITED for this kind of work.

We've had the discussion before about unit cohesion and how a young man and a young woman involved in a romantic relationship would probably try to save their loved one and that would put the rest of the group in jeopardy.

Or how some jerk thinks he's so macho the lady next to him just can't resist him and makes crude moves that end in rape. I'd kill the bastard but fortunately I've never had to be in a situation of that sort.

Some people are just awful, and we don't need to put impressionable young people of EITHER SEX into situations like these. It's hard enough to go out and kill your enemy and stay alive without having these side issues to worry about.

Conservative HQ

Diverse City

Coffee Shop Gossip

To: ElDotardo DelphiPlus Member Icon  (36 of 4245) 
 17927.36 in reply to 17927.32 
The definition of sexual assault is the reason that sexual assaults are up. Just as the definition of Autism has been changed so that there can BE more autistic people.

After all NOW under the definitions created by liberal slime pre-schoolers can be charged with sexual assault.

Everything in the mainstream media is MANUFACTURED BULLSHIT.

Why, don't you know that there are ten thousand school shootings every year in America????

Just think if every MAN in America cried SEXUAL ASSAULT when a woman touched him, kissed him ro said suggestive things to him  then sexual assault on MALES would be up 5000% .

I know it's cliche but Clinton NAILED it. It depends on what your definition of 'is'.....IS

It's kinda not political correctness that is destroying America....It's more like TERMINAL STUPIDITY

To: MizzMaddmanJill (themaddjak)  (37 of 4245) 
 17927.37 in reply to 17927.36 
Yeah, they feed upon each other.

To: All 

To: TEXAS_RED2 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (38 of 4245) 
 17927.38 in reply to 17927.37 

83 Year Old Nun, 2 Others Found Guilty Of Interfering With National Security In Break-In At Uranium Processing Plant

Words are interesting, aren’t they? What makes someone a “protester”, and not a terrorist?

Via TPM:

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — A federal jury has found an 83-year-old nun and two fellow protesters guilty of breaking into the Y-12 National Security Complex and defacing a uranium processing plant.

It took the jury about 2 ½ hours to find the three protesters guilty of a charge of interfering with national security and a second charge of damaging fed0eral property.

The trio spent about two hours inside the Oak Ridge facility in July, cutting through fences to reach a facility known as the “Fort Knox of uranium.” Once there, they painted slogans, chipped off a part of a wall with hammers and splattered human blood on the exterior.

Officials maintain that there was never any chance the protesters would reach the uranium stored inside, but prosecutors argued the security breach harmed the Oak Ridge facility’s international reputation and that operations continue to be disrupted by the action.

To: ElDotardo DelphiPlus Member Icon  (39 of 4245) 
 17927.39 in reply to 17927.38 

Loons.

Had they gotten into the controls and shut off the cooling apparatus and made the entire state of Tennessee radioactive would they be given a slap on the hand and let go?

This is Muslim terrorist behavior (yes I know one is a nun and claims to be a servant of God. Does she not believe God gave us our brains and the means to use uranium in a safe way to provide ourselves with power? I guess this moron would prefer we all live in caves again).

Nun my ass. She and her little buddies are TERRORISTS.

Conservative HQ

Diverse City

Coffee Shop Gossip

It does not take a majority to prevail...but rather an irate tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men...Samuel Adams

To: TEXAS_RED2 DelphiPlus Member Icon  (40 of 4245) 
 17927.40 in reply to 17927.39 

So politically incorrect.

See why I hate it? It destroys common sense.

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-20 21-30 31-40 41-50 51-60 ... 4221-4230 4231-4240 4241-4245
Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.