Faith Issues,News & Religions -  Die and go right to Heaven or sleep? (654 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostOct-5 9:19 AM 
To: All  (1 of 54) 

I Thess 4 The Comfort of Christ’s Coming

13 But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen [b]asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who [c]sleep in Jesus.

bob>Christians seem to be divided on this concept. Do we die and go right to heaven or do we sleep and wait for His return. The passage posted above, which was written after the cross says "sleep" and wait, what do you say?

Reply   Options 

To: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (2 of 54) 
 39847.2 in reply to 39847.1 

Those who "sleep" are the saints who have died, and they will be called up to meet the Lord in the air, first, then we believers who are still alive, will next be caught up to be with the Lord in the air, and then we will all be taking off for our destination for the next seven years or so, which is heaven and we will live there in the mansions that Jesus built for us, and then after the tribulation period, we will return to earth with Jesus, to rule and reign with Him for a thousand years.

To: All  (3 of 54) 
 39847.3 in reply to 39847.2 

BTW, I just realized that I didn't answer your question completely.

At death, the Christians soul and spirit instantly go to be with Jesus, while their physical body goes back to being dust. At the rapture, God will replace what was once a physical body, with a glorified body united with the soul and the spirit. In fact the soul and the spirit of these individuals will accompany the Lord down to about 6,000 feet above earth to be united with a glorified body, which will then make those believers whole once again, only this time, it will be fully perfected and will remain so, evermore throughout all of eternity.

From: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostOct-6 10:42 AM 
To: Butchking  (4 of 54) 
 39847.4 in reply to 39847.2 

Those who "sleep" are the saints

bob>Who are the saints?

who have died, and they will be called up to meet the Lord in the air, first, then we believers who are still alive, will next be caught up to be with the Lord in the air,

bob>So, those who died go right to heaven, those of us still alive...when we die go right to heaven..those alive when He comes will go with Him at that time, right?

and then we will all be taking off for our destination for the next seven years or so, which is heaven and we will live there in the mansions that Jesus built for us, and then after the tribulation period, we will return to earth with Jesus, to rule and reign with Him for a thousand years.

bob>We go "pre" and miss all the trib and return to the "new earth with new bodies?"

From: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostOct-6 10:45 AM 
To: Butchking  (5 of 54) 
 39847.5 in reply to 39847.3 

BTW, I just realized that I didn't answer your question completely.

At death, the Christians soul and spirit instantly go to be with Jesus,

bob>The "soul" is? the "spirit" is?

while their physical body goes back to being dust. At the rapture, God will replace what was once a physical body, with a glorified body united with the soul and the spirit.

bob>At the rapture, which you saying is "pre" so we get our new bodies at the start of the rapture would be what you said in that line, if I read it correctly, but you already said the soul and spirit go to haven till the 7 years is over. So, your meaning at the "end" of the tribulation the soul/spirit come back to earth and are united with a new body, right?

In fact the soul and the spirit of these individuals will accompany the Lord down to about 6,000 feet above earth to be united with a glorified body, which will then make those believers whole once again, only this time, it will be fully perfected and will remain so, evermore throughout all of eternity.

To: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (6 of 54) 
 39847.6 in reply to 39847.5 

"bob>At the rapture, which you saying is "pre" so we get our new bodies at the start of the rapture would be what you said in that line, if I read it correctly,

Yes, you read it correctly.

but you already said the soul and spirit go to haven till the 7 years is over.

Nope, I never said that. What I did say was that the soul and spirit do indeed go to heaven for those saints(born again Christians) who die before the rapture, but, they don't get their glorified bodies until the rapture occurs and then the saints who are alive at that time will also get their new glorified bodies as Jesus calls them to come up and meet Him in the air.

So, your meaning at the "end" of the tribulation the soul/spirit come back to earth and are united with a new body, right?"

Nope. At the end of the tribulation, all the saints in heaven will have already received their new glorified bodies, as I explained in the previous sentence that all the saints both those who died in Christ and those who are still alive at the time of the rapture will receive their new glorified bodies, and then Jesus with all the saints will return to earth to rule the world together, for one thousand years, under the direct command of Jesus Christ.

I'm not answering all of your questions, Bob, because I think it would start to get far to confusing, so, in this post, I'm just answering the key questions that I think will be able to help you understand my points, which are all bible based. I don't keep any notes and I type and proclaim most everything from memory, so I can't give book, chapter and verse/s for what I stated, and simply do not have the time to start looking them all up.

From: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostOct-7 9:52 AM 
To: Butchking  (7 of 54) 
 39847.7 in reply to 39847.6 

"bob>At the rapture, which you saying is "pre" so we get our new bodies at the start of the rapture would be what you said in that line, if I read it correctly,

Yes, you read it correctly.

but you already said the soul and spirit go to haven till the 7 years is over.

Nope, I never said that. What I did say was that the soul and spirit do indeed go to heaven for those saints(born again Christians) who die before the rapture, but, they don't get their glorified bodies until the rapture occurs and then the saints who are alive at that time will also get their new glorified bodies as Jesus calls them to come up and meet Him in the air.

bob>I'm not sure why this is hard for me, No new bodies until the rapture! Souls/spirits go to heaven at death! Those alive during the rapture go to heaven at the time he returns, then when the tribulation is over they get their new bodies, so everyone gets their new bodies after the tribulation?

So, your meaning at the "end" of the tribulation the soul/spirit come back to earth and are united with a new body, right?"

Nope. At the end of the tribulation, all the saints in heaven will have already received their new glorified bodies, as I explained in the previous sentence that all the saints both those who died in Christ and those who are still alive at the time of the rapture will receive their new glorified bodies, and then Jesus with all the saints will return to earth to rule the world together, for one thousand years, under the direct command of Jesus Christ.

bob>So, I'm lost for some reason.

I'm not answering all of your questions, Bob, because I think it would start to get far to confusing,

bob>I am there now.

so, in this post, I'm just answering the key questions that I think will be able to help you understand my points, which are all bible based. I don't keep any notes and I type and proclaim most everything from memory, so I can't give book, chapter and verse/s for what I stated, and simply do not have the time to start looking them all up.

bob>That's fine, however, if you have time, can you lay out a time line of who gets what when? thanks, I'm putting you through tribulation now!

To: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (8 of 54) 
 39847.8 in reply to 39847.7 

if you have time, can you lay out a time line of who gets what when? thanks,

Let's personalize it and I'll lay it out in two posts for you.

If the rapture happens today and you are still alive, you will go up to meet Jesus in the air and will receive a new glorified body, which you will keep forever.

Any questions so far?

From: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostOct-7 3:39 PM 
To: Butchking  (9 of 54) 
 39847.9 in reply to 39847.8 

if you have time, can you lay out a time line of who gets what when? thanks,

Let's personalize it and I'll lay it out in two posts for you.

If the rapture happens today and you are still alive, you will go up to meet Jesus in the air and will receive a new glorified body, which you will keep forever.

Any questions so far?

bob>Sounded easy, but if I am not sold on the "pre" but consider "post" may be correct, do I go or do I stay? Len would say I stay. You say...

To: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (10 of 54) 
 39847.10 in reply to 39847.9 

I say that you should believe whatever you think is right.

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-20 21-30 31-40 41-50 51-54
Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.