Faith Issues,News & Religions -  Die and go right to Heaven or sleep? (623 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Bob (Bobbylee7) DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by hostOct-14 3:26 PM 
To: RickT1962 (sthnreb1)  (51 of 54) 
 39847.51 in reply to 39847.50 

The person himself is a soul.  The spirit is all you know.  Your thoughts etc which go back to God when you die.  When you die, remember, no thoughts or nothing.  This spirit of yours is retained in God's memory for a Resurrection in which it can be restored.  That's also what faith is, hopes that one 

bob>The physical person and mind would be the soul under this type of concept, the spirit is a living being outside the physical being. When the first death comes to the physical body, that's gone, but the spirit lives on unless it comes to the second death, which is the death of the spirit. The persons personality,  mind and memories are in the spirit. We still retain our individuality in the spirit.  

I believe since there is not thought or knowledge when one dies, it is the same as before you were born. 

bob>That's where you are off. You are still you in the spirit. 

If your thoughts and thinking perish

bob>They don't, they are in the spirit. 

you are non-existent, just as before you were born.

bob>Your saying the spirit didn't exist before you were born, then where does it come from? 

Reply   Options 

From: Ginger (TGANNON) DelphiPlus Member IconOct-16 4:22 PM 
To: RickT1962 (sthnreb1)  (52 of 54) 
 39847.52 in reply to 39847.49 

It's not really for me to respond to personal questions from others.  However, I don't mind answering, I know what the Witnesses teach, the Catholic, the Baptist (I was brought up Baptist) and many other religions.  The only way to determine who is correct and who is not is to learn.  I see most here are set and only listen to their minister who shows them what they think the Bible says.

Ginger>we said that where?  You parrot the JW's.  I've heard those same words from them many times.  I've read through the Bible more than once and have studied it since I was saved back in 1973 as many here have done. 

Rick> I had a Baptist minister curse me out and call me all sorts of names because I did not agree with him.  A 35 year minister too.  My brother in law was a Church of God Minister for over 30 years.

Ginger>you expect me to answer for what someone else said to you?

Rick>Now, what is your background concerning other religions or is yours the only one?  I see you never read much further than John 1:1. 

Ginger>seriously? Boy, you are quick to judge me when you don't know me at all. I studied what other religions believe--especially the JW's as I used to live next door to a family of them.  I know their canned responses when I hear them and I'm hearing them from you.

Rick>God the Father said no one could see him and live.  So did the disciples not see Jesus? 

Ginger>when Jesus left heaven, He laid aside His glory to take on human flesh.

Philippians 2:6 who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped,[a] but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant,[b] being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.

Rick>If you study and see what scholars say on John 1:1 you will see the correct rendering to be and the word was "a" God.  Check it out.  Trinitarians changed the meaning to back a trinity but the whole remainder of John shows they are not a trinity.  They are one in purpose. 

Ginger>Why don't you just admit it?  You are a JW  

Rick>Also, research the meaning of First Born. 

Ginger>one of the first verses JW's love to first point out  

Remember, broad and spacious is the road leading to destruction and narrow and cramped the road to eternal life, and few are finding it.  Satans goal is to blind as many as possible concerning religion, especially those not willing to open their eyes.  If you want to post your background since you were so concerned with mine, I will read it, otherwise being unreasonable, no sense in proceeding.

Ginger>you're a JW!

Psalm119:105 "Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path"

To: Ginger (TGANNON) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (53 of 54) 
 39847.53 in reply to 39847.52 

At the end of the day, to answer the original questions, which you never did, you believe a person goes right to heaven when they die?  Calling someone a liar you don't know is not very coot.  You asked and I answered.  Your belief must be that the trinity teaches God asked himself go to earth to save mankind.  Then he agreed with himself and volunteered himself to himself to offer himself.  Then God impregnated a woman as himself, with himself.  God strengthened himself and talked to himself.  Finally God forsook himself and sacrificed himself to prove his loyalty to himself.  While dead he resurrected himself so he could exalt himself above himself.  Then he sat at his own right hand and waited til he placed his enemies as a footstool.  Finally with Satan's forces defeated, God would turn his kingdom over to himself that all things would become everything to himself.  It is quite amazing to me what Satan can get some religions to believe.

From: Ginger (TGANNON) DelphiPlus Member IconOct-17 12:22 PM 
To: RickT1962 (sthnreb1)  (54 of 54) 
 39847.54 in reply to 39847.53 

You have difficulties with the Trinity because What you are doing is assigning attributes of man to God. You can't get over the JW teaching. Throw your new world translation in the trash. 

I gave the verse that states when we die, the born again believer is present with the Lord on a post to Bob above:

2 Corinthians 5:8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

Psalm119:105 "Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path"

First Discussion>>

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-20 21-30 31-40 41-50 51-54
Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.