"TRUE CRIMES - NEW & OLD" -  Irina Yarmolenko murdered - N.C. (4674 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Suzie (TNSuzie) DelphiPlus Member Icon5/10/09 8:43 AM 
To: saraanna2  (36 of 39) 
 4459.36 in reply to 4459.34 

DNA found not to match two suspects

5/10/09

CHARLOTTE -- A report in the killing of a Charlotte college student says that DNA found under her fingernails doesn't match either of the suspects charged in her death.

A defense motion also reveals that DNA from first-degree murder suspects Mark Carver and Neal Cassada Jr. was found inside 20-year-old student Irina "Ira" Yarmolenko's car.

Yarmolenko, a student at UNC Charlotte, was found dead last May beside her car on the banks of the Catawba River in Mount Holly where authorities said she had gone to take photos.

Lawyers for both suspects have filed motions asking that their $100,000 bail be reduced or current house-arrest conditions be lifted.

Prosecutors say they will fight those motions.

Suzie

Reply   Options 

To: Suzie (TNSuzie) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (37 of 39) 
 4459.37 in reply to 4459.36 
So they found dna of the two arrested in side her car - but not under her nails.  Wonder if that means there were THREE? 

To: saraanna2  (38 of 39) 
 4459.38 in reply to 4459.37 
Maybe they cleaned her nails but forgot to clean the car.

I am walking Relay For Life this spring, please support your local walkers, and help fight cancer! Also accepting donations, email me for info!

To: astrallady DelphiPlus Member Icon  (39 of 39) 
 4459.39 in reply to 4459.38 
I don't think they had time for that.  Her body was found very quickly by some jet skiiers...I really think these guys did it, too.  The access road is very difficult to locate and even people who play on the river a lot - don't know about it.  The two guys arrested were fishing in that vicinity.  Hope this doesn't mess up the case.

First Discussion>>

Enjoy Delphi Forums ad free!Click here.
Navigate this discussion: 1-5 6-15 16-25 26-35 36-39
Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.