Polls -  Should Dem candidates go on Fox News? (234 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

From: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon5/22/19 10:57 AM 
To: LizM321 DelphiPlus Member Icon Poll  (10 of 18) 
 75857.10 in reply to 75857.1 

I have mixed feelings, especially after FoxNews interrupted Amy Klobuchar's town hall with a Trump video & promoted his rally in chyrons throughout the town hall. Nevertheless, Bernie & Mayor Pete's town halls were a huge success. Mayor Pete got a standing o at the end. That's a lot for a FoxNews show. Kirsten Gillibrand is up next on June 2, broadcast from Iowa. Elizabeth Warren & Kamala Harris have declined to hold town hall events on Fox.

Click Below for my Forums:

Reply   Options 

From: LizM321 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host5/22/19 1:22 PM 
To: Marci (marcinmin) DelphiPlus Member Icon Poll  (11 of 18) 
 75857.11 in reply to 75857.10 

It's probably the only way Fox viewers will hear a different message.

From: Bike (URALTOURIST1) DelphiPlus Member Icon5/23/19 8:40 AM 
To: LizM321 DelphiPlus Member Icon Poll  (12 of 18) 
 75857.12 in reply to 75857.1 

If they fail to do so, they will firmly establish that they are not serious candidates.

Warren

USCG Engineer 1961-1982

From: LizM321 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host5/23/19 10:04 AM 
To: Bike (URALTOURIST1) DelphiPlus Member Icon Poll  (13 of 18) 
 75857.13 in reply to 75857.12 

We agree.

To: Bike (URALTOURIST1) DelphiPlus Member Icon Poll  (14 of 18) 
 75857.14 in reply to 75857.12 

ROFL, the stupid is leaking into delphi again....

After his Fox News town hall, network hosts launched a propaganda onslaught against Pete Buttigieg

Fox hosts called Buttigieg a "clown," a "slippery demagogue," and "Pope Pete," and mischaracterized his positions

South Bend, IN, Mayor Pete Buttigieg’s performance at a Fox News town hall garnered rave reviews Sunday night from journalists and pundits, with some arguing that his successful turn proved that Democratic presidential candidates should be making on-air appeals to the network’s viewers.

“This is exactly why Dems' refusal to debate on FOX is so self-defeating,” argued political analyst Jeff Greenfield. “Well-prepared candidates would have chapter and verse to offer, and on a live debate or town hall there's no way for FOX to block or distort their points.”

What pundits who offer opinions like these are really demonstrating is that they do not understand what Fox is and how it operates. Appearing on the network did give Buttigieg the opportunity to speak directly to its audience. But the town hall does not exists in a vacuum; Fox is a right-wing propaganda machine that constantly pushes disinformation in order to damage progressives and help conservatives. And within hours -- after the commentariat had stopped watching Fox -- the network began smearing Buttigieg in an effort that will likely minimize any gains he might have made with its viewers.

https://www.mediamatters.org/blog/2019/05/20/after-his-fox-news-town-hall-fox-friends-launches-propaganda-onslaught-against-pete-buttigieg/223745

From: 8645 (RedBV) DelphiPlus Member Icon5/23/19 1:02 PM 
To: BlueManDude Poll  (15 of 18) 
 75857.15 in reply to 75857.14 

smile

To: All 

From: Stephierawx4 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host5/23/19 2:24 PM 
To: BlueManDude Poll  (16 of 18) 
 75857.16 in reply to 75857.14 

It's a right wing smear machine but Mayor Peter can handle it.

To: LizM321 DelphiPlus Member Icon Poll  (17 of 18) 
 75857.17 in reply to 75857.1 

While generally I would have taken the "yes" option, but under specific conditions.

I have been requested to be interviewed here on radio, TV, and press.

when I state my conditions, I usually get a never mind.

My conditions would make it difficult for fox, bucause, they almost guarantee, that what gets published, is an honest report of what I said.

Fox, and samilar have a way of setting up the person being interviewed to look bad, be misquoted, or made to seem a fool. 

In my case, if it is a reporter I don´t know well enough to trust. I say "yes, but only if I can read what is about to go into print, and have the right to refuse to be quoted in the press.

If it is live TV or Radio, this is another problem, because if live  there is no good recourse. So my condition is that instead of one on one, we agree to a third party moderator as in a debate.

If a pre-recorded item, the entity doing the recording has to agree that the result is my intellectual property, which would require me to approve as to if, or how it is aired. 

About 20 years ago, I appeared in the media about 10 times a year, now it is seldom more then twice. In one case that made the local TV company unhappy, I even told them where I wanted

the camera placed, or I would not participate. When they objected, I indicated the conract, and told them that I would simply go home unless I had my way. This might sound picky, but in this case

the shots, only included me periferally, with my voice talking about what the camera was recording, in the then set up, what I was saying would not only be false, but would reflect badly on those

in the scene. This is a common behind the scenes problem in films where the author has a right to decided if the film reflects what he wrote in the book, where as the typical director, is more interested

in the cenematic affect of the shots, whether they reflect the original book or not. There was a film a while back where Alan Alda played the part of a historian involved in a film about an historical event.

Hollywood, hires "house" historians to vet films for accuracy and the result often cause stress between all involved. In my case, when I am on, it is not about money, so I figure I am doing the production

a favor, so I set my own standards. Fox News is famous for controlling the context, timing, edicting of their product to support their POV,

From: LizM321 DelphiPlus Member Icon Posted by host5/24/19 12:33 AM 
To: RGoss99 Poll  (18 of 18) 
 75857.18 in reply to 75857.17 

smile

First Discussion>>

Navigate this discussion: 1-9 10-18
Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.