Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Lexington Stakes Sat 4/10/2021 R9   Triple Crown

Started Apr-9 by Wintertrian; 473 views.
Wintertrian

Apr-9

I think I'll just play Hockey Dad across the board.  8-1 odds is not too shabby, do you think he'll go up or down at post time?

I know very little about the horses in this race besides Proxy. 

RAESFAN

Apr-9

I think that is a very good choice. I am close to landing on this horse as well!

Wintertrian

Apr-9

do you think "our horse" will  drift up or down at Post time?  

Is Proxy going or not?  

RAESFAN

Apr-9

I'm counting on Proxy to go. Without him, we won't get good odds. The Asmussen horse, Swiftsure, will get some play. He looks talented, but I don't know about his breeding. Uncle Mo I love, but the Speightown dam, was a sprinter. Noble Reflection is the other horse I'm considering. The Baltas trained gelded son of Liam's Map, out of a Tiznow mare, was very impressive in his last race, and should stretch out, if he can rate. He could get the lead and be hard to run down. A 1/6 exacta box is looking good to me. If I can get anything close to the ml 15-1 on NR, I won't be able to resist.

Msg 1663.5 deleted
princeofdoc

Apr-10

I'm with you on the #1 here, Raes.....but a lot of others are too apparently, as he has been bet down to 5-1.  I like him in the exacta with Swiftsure.

Proxy worked out VERY fast last week, not sure what that means....and I'm  also wondering why Baffert is bringing his colt back so quickly for this race.

princeofdoc

Apr-10

They went too fast on the front end.....he'll be back and do better on a fast track

RAESFAN

Apr-10

None of the front runners lasted. The opening half was entirely too fast.

Did you all stick around to see the last race at Keenland? The Chad Brown horse that finished 2nd to Prevalence in both their debuts(Stage Raider, half to Justify), exploded in the stretch on the sloppy track to win by 10! I don't know if it was the track or what, but that was one exceptional turn of foot. Put in him on your watch list!

• Edited April 11, 2021 3:45 pm  by  RAESFAN