Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Guns. Yes, let's have a discussion   General Confusion

Started 10/5/17 by Johneeo; 63481 views.
Johneeo

11/7/17

Dan (DANCULBERSON) said:

The sentence is "A well regulated Militia shall not be infringed."

Fine.  I am a "well regulated militia".  My militia's right to bear arms shall not be infringed.

Oomp (AstroLib)

11/7/17

My idea infringes less than the hodge-podge of  regulations you have now, state by state. In fact it completely deregulates everything about guns except a manufacturing detail.
I did not mention any restrictions whatsoever in obtaining guns.  My impact is felt only at the manufacturer/importer level, and isn't all that intrusive there. Off the top of my head, I'd say the only governmental inspection/compliance  check might be at the end of an assembly line or at a container terminal where a scanner can read, count and report  chips scanned. Very little cost because of very few inspectors. Of course corrupt and feeble-minded molon labe-ist inspectors could be bribed into looking the other way  when a shipment of  "foreign" guns  passes customs.

And your second correction to  constitutional faults is just as negotiable as any other part of it.  Realistically unlikely, but it is possible.

-Oomp

Jenifer (Zarknorph)

11/7/17

Welcome back Dan.

relaxed

I have always looked at the 2nd Amendment as the right of the people to stand up to a tyrannical government by any means necessary.

Now this can mean anyone can own a gun.  But the reason to buy a gun is to join a people's army.

Cheers,

Jenifer

Jenifer (Zarknorph)

11/7/17

If the shooter was charged, then why wasn't it automatically in a federal database?

Did the air force charge him separately?

Jenifer (Zarknorph)

11/7/17

Johneeo said:

Also, Smith & Wesson, Glock, Ruger, Springfield et al will in no way abandon the manufacture of 9mm, 38s, and 45s.

Of course not - they profit from mass shootings!

Here's an idea - tax the hell out of gun stock spikes after every mass shooting.

Call it the Blood Money Tax.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)

11/7/17

Johneeo said:

Fine.  I am a "well regulated militia"

Nope, you're a grumpy old man sitting on your porch yelling "Git off ma lawn!!!"

Jenifer (Zarknorph)

11/7/17

Oomp (AstroLib) said:

I did not mention any restrictions whatsoever in obtaining guns.

I am!

No semi-automatic assault rifles for "We the People".

The guy who stopped the Texas church massacre didn't have one.

Dan (DANCULBERSON)

11/8/17

Johneeo said...

Fine.  I am a "well regulated militia".

Bullshit. The definition of "militia" is "a military force that is raised from the civil population to supplement a regular army in an emergency." What's the emergency, and how can you prove that you are civil? Oh, and how are you regulated, not to mention who is your superior officer in the regular army that you are supplementing? Give it up. Loser.

Johneeo

11/8/17

I meet all of the criteria you posted.

Asshole!

In reply toRe: msg 38
Johneeo

11/8/17

MILITIA:

1. a body of citizens enrolled for military service, and called out periodically for drill but serving full time only in emergencies.
  2. a body of citizen soldiers as distinguished from professional soldiers.
  3. all able-bodied citizens considered by law eligible for military service.
  4. a body of citizens organized in a paramilitary group and typically regarding themselves as defenders of individual rights against the
    presumed interference of the federal government.