Coalition of the Confused

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Confused malcontents swilling Chardonnay while awaiting the Zombie Apocalypse.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Guns. Yes, let's have a discussion   General Confusion

Started 10/5/17 by Johneeo; 63592 views.
Johneeo

10/6/17

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

Why does any civilian need an arsenal?

Kind of hard to define an arsenal.  I own a total 5 guns.  Is that an arsenal?  

Guns are like just about any item, jewelry, cars, shoes, houses etc.  Do you really need 20 pair of shoes?  No.

Do I need 5 guns.  No.  But, somedays I like shooting my .357 Smith and Wesson. Or my Ruger .45.  Or Glock 43.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)

10/6/17

Johneeo said:

First problem here is you have no idea about guns.

I agree, and I never said I did know anything about guns.

All I know about guns is their purpose.  They are designed to take life.  That is all they do.  That is their function.  That is their purpose.

Johneeo said:

To get my concealed carry license I had to go to the County seat, fill out a form, get my picture taken, and wait for the background check to go through.

So no psychiatric review?  No doctor's note?  No meeting with an NRA rep?  No safety lesson?

And you fill IN a form, not OUT.

Johneeo said:

Also, to purchase a gun, the licensed fire arms company that sells it to me must also take my information and a background check must be done and come back clear before I can purchase the gun.

Great.  So what happens if you buy a gun privately?  Or inherit a gun?  Or buy one from a gun show?  Or a pawn shop?  Or Walmart?

Where did you buy your guns after you got your permit?  How hard was it to buy that gun?  What guns does your permit allow?  What is the most high powered, massive carnage gun that you can LEGALLY purchase tomorrow?  How many bullets can you LEGALLY buy today?  Do the number of bullets you buy also have to be cleared with a background check?  I mean the gun is pointless without the bullets, right?

Jenifer (Zarknorph)

10/6/17

Johneeo said:

Kind of hard to define an arsenal.  I own a total 5 guns.  Is that an arsenal?  

No.  20 guns is an arsenal.

Image result for 20 guns

There you go.  20 guns.

Johneeo said:

Guns are like just about any item, jewelry, cars, shoes, houses etc.  Do you really need 20 pair of shoes?  No.

No, they're not.  You dump on me for saying stupid things, but this officially takes the cake.

I have two pairs of Doc Martins, two pairs of sandals, one pair of fuzzy slippers and one pair of converse.

None of these shoes can kill a man at 500 paces.

I've tried.

Cheers,

Jenifer

HWPeeler (HPeeler)

10/6/17

Why does any civilian need an arsenal?

Gun collectors or investors.

Why does a civilian need a semi-automatic ANYTHING, let alone a fully automatic ANYTHING?

Automatic, I can see your argument.

I don't see the need for high capacity clips. Does anybody need more than six shots at a time?

Johneeo

10/6/17

HWPeeler (HPeeler) said:

I don't see the need for high capacity clips. Does anybody need more than six shots at a time?

First, they are not "clips".  They are "magazines".

My Glock 43 holds 6.  When I go to the range, it is a pain in the ass having to keep filling that thing up since I do shoot at least 100 rounds.  My Glock 17L holds 17.

Regardless, it takes literally less than 2 seconds to discharge an empty magazine and slap a full mag in.  

BTW, if I am ever engaged in a gun battle, 6 rounds could prove to be grossly inadequate.

Johneeo

10/6/17

No, they're not.  You dump on me for saying stupid things, but this officially takes the cake. I have two pairs of Doc Martins, two pairs of sandals, one pair of fuzzy slippers and one pair of converse. None of these shoes can kill a man at 500 paces.

Well, you totally miss the point.  What is the difference if I own one gun, two, five or 20?  One gun kills just as good as the next.

As for killing, cars, trucks, and fertilizer can be so much more effective than guns.

Converse?  Chuck Taylor's?

HWPeeler (HPeeler)

10/6/17

Johneeo said:

They are "magazines".

Thank you for the correction.

Six it too troublesome? Take more than one magazine. I can see your point but when do you actually need more than six shots in a real situation.

Johneeo said:

BTW, if I am ever engaged in a gun battle, 6 rounds could prove to be grossly inadequate.

If you can't hit him in six put your gun away. Don't shoot in hopes of hitting your target. Shoot when you are sure of a kill. Otherwise you send bullets into innocent people.

One shot, one kill.

In a war against an army is different. This is where automatic weapons are intended. But the purpose is to kill many people. No civilian needs to kill lots of people to defend his home in a city. 17 rounds send bullets into 16 innocent people.

Do you expect to be in a revolution against the government?.

Johneeo

10/6/17

HWPeeler (HPeeler) said:

If you can't hit him in six put your gun away.

How about it is not a him, but a them?  Sometimes criminals do not travel alone.

And rest assured, I hit what I aim at.

Johneeo

10/6/17

HWPeeler (HPeeler) said:

Do you expect to be in a revolution against the government?.

Well, Antifa has declared a war to begin on November 4.

HWPeeler (HPeeler)

10/6/17

Johneeo said:

Sometimes criminals do not travel alone. And rest assured, I hit what I aim at.

Okay, argument won. relaxed