Windsor Greg (thomvan)

Fall Classic Baseball Game

Hosted by Windsor Greg (thomvan)|www.fallclassicbaseball.com

The Fall Classic Baseball community for Fall Classic Baseball Game.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Don Sutton No-No!!   Replays and Great Games Played

Started Nov-12 by medicA8; 244 views.
medicA8

Nov-12

04-05-83  Milwaukee Brewers (Sutton) visiting California Angels (Kison) The first four innings went scoreless, but not for lack of trying. The Brewers had an error in each of the first two innings but kept the Angels from flapping their wings. The Brew Crew loaded the bases in the fourth but Charlie Moore was throw out at home by Fred Lynn for the second out of the inning, then Ted Simmons took a third strike looking for out number three. Brewers got a 2 run homer from Paul Molitor in the 5th to take the lead and erupted for 5 in the 7th and 2 more in the 9th courtesy of a Brouhard dinger. Meanwhile Sutton mowed down the final 22 batters in a row and I didn’t even realize he had a no-hitter till I was doing pitching line after game was over. 9 IP 0 hits 0 walks 3 strikeouts. Great game - my first no-no in a long time.......      Marv

DMOSS3

Nov-12

Wow, you didnt realize Sutton had a no-no going? That saved you some 9th inning angst! Ha

Congrats on the no hitter. That's awesome!

dadoffive01

Nov-12

Congrats, that's tremendous!

Chris

In reply toRe: msg 3
catchercam

Nov-20

So Jealous. LOL. I came very close so many times but lost the no no in the 9th almost every instance. Another was a platoon single on the 26 in Fall Classic in the 1st inning. No hit's the rest of the way.

In strat, 2 lost no-no's on X charts. APBA lost 1 in 9th on hr (that was Mr. Maris), Lost one in Fall Classic. Brett Saberhagen in the 1st inning in my 1989 replay as described above.

Congrats!