Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Disappointing Event (Please Wait)...   Howling with the Hostess

Started Jan-21 by Katijay (Katijay46); 1439 views.
Katijay (Katijay46)

Jan-21

I have to say this event was worse than the Fall Event...the only part of the game that I did not see affected was the regular HOS or catching ghost.  Giving and Receiving Gifts was a big challenge on some days playing friends rooms was probably the worst....I did discover that if you went to friend rooms if there was not a gift in your Santa Sack you would get a please wait if you went beyond your own and Johns room...Still don't know if it is MC problem or Microsoft problem, it seems every other day they want to update....I know I have had a 4 day and a 3 day session of no please wait, and that is very sad...

LvlSlgr

Jan-21

Ditto here!!

Sad to say, I've gotten somewhat used to it and I know it will happen. I generally can only play for about 5 minutes or so before it happens. Then it's "ctrl+alt+del", select "task manager", and so on. I play what I can and after a very short time I say "enough is enough" and just give up until the new day rolls around. But the thing that can really, really get to me is when I log into the game and it happens immediately. Especially if I'm trying to gift my friends because when I come back in it shows I have one less gifting opportunity but that friend wasn't gifted.

I record my coins each day just before the new day rolls. During the Fall Event I accumulated about 500,000. So far with the Winter Event I'm on par to get the same. May not sound too bad, but usually I aim for getting close to 1,000,000 when we have an event where we can get 750 (3 HOS) from each friend's Private Room.

I just know I don't spend as much time playing as I used to because the "Please wait" problem is so frustrating.

In reply toRe: msg 2
LvlSlgr

Jan-22

Just wanted to add ... It's been especially bad tonight. So far I've only managed to get one HOS done in the Private Rooms each time I go in. One HOS and "Please wait",

Katijay (Katijay46)

Jan-22

The one thing I have discovered if there is no gift in the Santa Sack I will not be able to get past my or John's Room....if there is a gift in the sack I may get 2 or 3 sometimes more....if I have already played my room...that also seems to be the case with being able to gift...so tired of loosing gift chances...even if I don't lose the inventory...

LvlSlgr

Jan-22

What I go by are the number of friends showing up on my Social page (where you can gift 5). I have 87 friends and it loads 30 at a time. If it's not showing all 87 then I click on the search emblem and it will load more - hopefully. If it just stays at 30 or 60 then I know nothing's going to work in the Private Rooms except for mine and John's. And if I go check the Santa Sack in my room is empty ... just as you said.

Last night and earlier today I tried several times. I got the magic number - 87 - and went to the Private Rooms. However, each time after doing 1 or 2 HOS I got "Please wait". Sometimes I'll get lucky and be able to do more but not this time. I finally gave up after doing 5 Private Rooms and said the heck with it. It's not worth the frustration.

P1tbull

Jan-24

My game freezes for approx 10 seconds when trying to enter the event HOS's. Every single time and sometimes upon coming out. Occasionally I get the "please wait" and have to ctrl alt del out and sometimes..........I don't have to do anything, it just boots me out of the game entirely lol. I haven't played as much this event due to the constant freezing. I just timed how long it took me to clear 7 friends rooms and it was 18mins and 20 secs. That's almost a minute per HOS. It's just too time consuming when I can usually do that many rooms in half or just over half that amount of time!

mdpetdoc

Jan-24

I'm curious. Are you using a wireless or ethernet connection? What is your download speed? When I am on a wireless connection with a download speed of 5 MBPS or lower, I get the please wait message. When I'm playing with a download speed of 100 MBPS or better, I very rarely get the please wait message. 

LvlSlgr

Jan-24

Hey there mdpetdoc. My wireless connection is usually somewhere around 20-25 MBPS. Back when I started having this problem (right after the Fall Event update) I took the laptop into my office and used the ethernet connection. That gave me right around 100 MBPS. I tried it for a couple of days but I was still having the "Please wait" problem. Right after the Winter Event started I tried it again but it just doesn't help.

Thanks for the suggestion.

mdpetdoc

Jan-24

Have you purged your inactive friends?

LvlSlgr

Jan-24

I hear ya, P1tbull! Lately I've only been able to do 2 or 3 HOS in the Private Rooms before I get "Please wait". Every once in a while - maybe every 2 or 3 days - I'll be shocked because maybe I can get through 3 or 4 Private Rooms (that's 9-12 HOS) before I get it.

Somewhere in another thread i posted how many times I got the "Please Wait" during an hour. It was crazy. I'm just not playing much because it's not worth the frustration.