About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

March Warriors 2018   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 3/30/18 by slowblumer; 394322 views.
Suzy2018

3/20/21

Great picture, Denim!  But I'm sorry you're feeling so frazzled, and hope things calm down for you soon.  In the meantime, how wonderful that you can feel like that and not reach for a cigarette. Three and a bit years ago you would have smoked, and it wouldn't have helped anything.  Now you you absolutely know that, and that's so lovely.

Hugs to you too.

Suzy x

Denim50

3/21/21

Hey Brian, 

It’s here! Can you believe it? Third year celebrations! Congratulations on three years smoke free today! It’s a wonderful achievement, especially from where/how we started, but we did it! Today is your day to celebrate and I hope you have a fun and amazing day. If you’re spending it at the course today, I hope you make a hole-in-one. Whatever you do, however you spend it, I hope you celebrate and have a wonderful day. I continue to wish you the best. Thanks for sharing that crazy ride and your friendship long after the ride had stopped. Both are greatly appreciated and celebrated. Yay you! relaxed Talk soon. 

BMann (bmann018)

3/22/21

Thank you Denim and congratulations to all the 3-yearers (is this a word?). I hope all are still enjoying being smoke free and live is going as well as it could. Crazy times and like all of us I am ready to get out and travel, eat out, see friends, etc. along with the rest of the country. A good time to remember to keep first things first, stay healthy and take care of friends and family.  I am hoping to get scheduled for a vaccine this week so we can get this botherment behind us. Side note - I haven't cut my hair for over a year and it is now down my back, just like the 70s all over again. My conservative neighbors don't quite know what to think that they live in a culdesac with a long haired.

I am trying to stay busy with working on the house/yard and playing a little golf.  We are discussing some travel coming up over the next couple months, but are waiting on our vaccines first. 

I would always love to hear what is going on with all my friends here, so feel free to reach out, or if you just want to talk. I hope all are well. I am so grateful to still be quit and do not think about smoking at all. Remember 3 years ago when we were all just hoping to get where we are today - we're here!!

CindiS319

3/22/21

Hi Brian and congratulations on your 3 years too!  Glad to see you on here.  I definitely don't get on here as much as I'd like to.  Denim is always pulling me back and reminding me of anniversaries (thank God).  She's always on top of it!  I do miss everyone though.  I still have my moments of thinking about it (just one) because my husband still smokes.  I hate it but feel myself romanticizing how it was.  I won't do it because I never want to live that first year again.  I feel bad for people trying to quit during all this craziness.  Boredom was always my worst challenge... and that would be tenfold today.  

Hearing about your hair actually made me lol.  That's pretty funny!  Good for you!  aka Hippie Golfer.  Good luck getting your vaccine this week.  I'm actually still on the fence about getting it.  I tested positive for the virus in January and was on lock down for 2 weeks.  Health Commissioner called me every day.  My symptoms were a really bad sore throat/cold for 4 days.  By the time I got my results, I had no symptoms.

Anyway, good to hear from you.  Good luck with your travel plans and check in again soon!  Hugs,

BMann (bmann018)

3/22/21

Hi Cindi,

It is good to hear from you. You were the miracle quitter in my opinion - there is no way I would have been able to quit with my wife still smoking. You are amazing. I do think we all experience brief times of romanticizing smoking - a fix all for all our problems like, stress and boredom. I have had those thoughts, but they are fleeting when I just go on about my day and think of something else. I hope your job is still going well and soon we will all be able to get back to canoeing on the rivers.

Take care Cindi and we will connect again soon.

Denim50

Jul-15

Hey Brian, Cindi, Tom, Marilyn, Mike, Michele, 

I’m keeping the light on.  

Jan2185

Sep-11

Well done Denim :) - nice to c u again   -- 2 1/2 years here and still smoke free grinning

Jan

Denim50

Sep-12

Hey Jan, 

Wonderful to hear from you again! Thank you and big congratulations to you too! grinning Your half way to exchanging that lovely key for wings. Hope you and your family are well. So far, so good with us. I’m so glad we joined when we did. It’s been a bit of a rough year and half for everyone with the pandemic going on. The numbers are going up again here. I hope things are a bit better there. I need to get the lawn cut but I wanted to take the weekend to relax, so it’ll have to hold off until the coming week. Hopefully it won’t be too overgrown by then, lol. I’m going to send you a pm later today, so look for that if you would. Thanks. Have you heard from Cheryl recently? I hope she and Asad are doing okay too. I’m going to post in the Mar. ‘19 thread a little later on today too. Even with everything going on, I have to say, this year seems to be moving on fairly quickly. I need to go to town to pick up something right quick, then I’ll be back on the forum to post some more, then spending the rest of the weekend at the house. Please keep in touch as you get a chance. It truly is terrific hearing from you again. Have a great day and stay safe, healthy, and happy. Hugs. 

Jan2185

Sep-12

Hi Denim

Lovely to hear all your news.. so far so good here - we are now being let out more but because my husband is vulnerable, we are still being very careful.  I am glad we are both retired because it means we arn't letting our employers down.  The hardest part of the lockdown was not seeing our grandchildren for a very long time.  Thankfully now we are back in contact so lots of hugs and contact again.  

I posted in March 19 thread each time we reached a mile stone and heard from Asad last March - nothing from Cheryl for a while though... i am guessing they dont come here very often nowadays but it would be good to hear from them - i have notifications by email, so keep an eye on who is posting.

I am so glad we gave up before covid and I do feel so sorry for those quitters who have been trying to during this awful time.  It must have taken an awful lot of strength to quit whilst being confined to home during the pandemic and I take my hat off to them... well done to all of you who have gone through this

Anyway, great to hear from you again - i often think back to those early days and your name pops into my head :)

Take good care

Jan sunflower